Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Zone One  (Read 8930 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Zone One
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 05:35:46 AM »

As to Kay's post, I'd call that a poetic license. Did she create the jutsu in describing? Possibly, description wasn't just for fun; there was a reason behind it. It could be argued that while describing, she raised the jutsu -- since she'd already typed that much, she didn't really feel the need to type the four or so words of "Kayenta activated the jutsu".

In such, it's a question for her. Did she intend to activate the seal with that post? If so, then it's active; if she intended to wait, then it's not active.

Sl usually runs by the system if you didn't say it, it didn't happen. Examples Bocc once used Doton: Domu but didn't stated how hard his skin was, so it didn't matter. I got Bocc in Ephermal, but because I never said it, it didn't matter. Crappy system, but that's how the judges have usually ruled.

I was just about to make note of this myself but I couldn't use better words.

As for the matter of resets, I agree completely with what Shadow said on that and won't comment on that further...

But, when it comes down to it, the Bijuu rules state what we did was just fine... No?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 05:36:52 AM »

I've been searching for the Rokubi for months, and the Gedo Mazo for years. That doesn't give me the right to automatically know their exact/general area and location. Unless of course I've actually gathered enough clues, hints and overall information to find them. (Not that I really care about them anymore.) And I've been a Perfect Sage Mode user for a while now, and I'm pretty sure that Sage Mode doesn't necessarily allow you to sense somebody kilometers, or even countries, away. Otherwise, I would have found all the Tailed Beasts, the Gedo Mazo, created the Jubi, split it, redistribute the Yang halves back to their owners and keep the Yin half for myself, and then just sit around in a newly assembled throne in my village for the sole purpose of just sitting there and watching over the land.

But about the argument for Kay's barrier. If she hasn't put it up yet, but is simply explaining it's history and certain notable figures who have experienced and accepted it's use, then it is more than obvious that she is going to decide to put it up next post. Either way, you can't stop that if you just entered the general zone. Not even claiming metagaming would stop it, since she already had intentions to put it up.

Darkshinobi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 05:41:06 AM »

Okay, we need to come to a compromise here.
These are the facts:
There are two Jinchuuriki in this zone; a sensor is searching for them. The zone is huge, but rules state sensors can sense Jinchuuriki if there are no safeguards.

I suggest that the sensors can currently sense the direction of the Jinchuuriki, but it's extremely faint; it's like saying, "go North". And then Kay needs only to clarify that the safeguard has been created next post, and they'd no longer be able to sense the Jinchuuriki; they'd still know the general location from before, but would take time to find their exact coordinates.

As for Chiyo's rebirths, yes, that's completely true. There are those of us who've done this before.
Then I suppose that's the precedence for now -- but it's a precedence that needs to change here. For the sake of future arguments, how does rebirthing versus roleplaying affect one's perks?

Isano

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 05:41:30 AM »

To Kage's statement:

But, as Darkshinobi said, Hono has been in Suna for a wedding. It can be implied that perhaps he got information. For the sake of speeding it up, it could have been done not in the public eye. He could have gathered information while in Suna about Warren, no? Then he could have passed the information along IC through means of such things like messenger birds, no? And if that is claimed, then their knowledge that Warren is in the area at least is legitimate.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 05:43:53 AM »

"How does rebirthing versus roleplaying affect one's perks"

There's no way to keep track of everyone. And there is no current system nor will there be one. We can't make rules for everything especially for something like this. Which is why I'm saying drop it. It's a dead end.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 05:46:14 AM »

These are the facts:
There are two Jinchuuriki in this zone; a sensor is searching for them. The zone is huge, but rules state sensors can sense Jinchuuriki if there are no safeguards.

I suggest that the sensors can currently sense the direction of the Jinchuuriki, but it's extremely faint; it's like saying, "go North". And then Kay needs only to clarify that the safeguard has been created next post, and they'd no longer be able to sense the Jinchuuriki; they'd still know the general location from before, but would take time to find their exact coordinates.

As for Chiyo's rebirths, yes, that's completely true. There are those of us who've done this before.
Then I suppose that's the precedence for now -- but it's a precedence that needs to change here. For the sake of future arguments, how does rebirthing versus roleplaying affect one's perks?

Alright, I'm going to comment on this;

If our posts were actually read, that's exactly what we did. We weren't like 'six people, northeast, two are Bijuu and one is in sage mode and they are doing this and this.'

"...she focused further onto the energy attempting to locate the source yet only grasping a slight trail,..." This is literally direct words from Chiyo's post.

And, these are words exactly from Warren's;
"Unless you tell Eric to stop leaking energy all over the place with that mode of his, it won't be enough." he was addressing Kay's clone "You need something that intercepts even senjutsu"+
(12h41m) <風> Warren +but would still give a questioning look to Kage too "Got any ideas? Plan was to employ nature energies in this endeavor too."

So, even if she did put up the barrier in her next post, the Senjutsu Chakra would still be there and give us more time to pinpoint exactly where it is... No?

And glad we got rid of the reborns stuff.

As for how reborns effect RP... That's something for another topic.

Darkshinobi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 05:48:05 AM »

To Kage's statement:

But, as Darkshinobi said, Hono has been in Suna for a wedding. It can be implied that perhaps he got information. For the sake of speeding it up, it could have been done not in the public eye. He could have gathered information while in Suna about Warren, no? Then he could have passed the information along IC through means of such things like messenger birds, no? And if that is claimed, then their knowledge that Warren is in the area at least is legitimate.

As far as I know or have ever seen, information about Jinchuuriki is such that it needs to be emoted, to be said aloud -- otherwise you could state that an NPC has given you information, when in fact nobody that logically knows told you. One could control an NPC from Sunagakure and tell themselves that the Ichibi is in the desert. If it's not been emoted aloud, it might be metagaming.

Honō probably needs to come here and post.

"How does rebirthing versus roleplaying affect one's perks"

There's no way to keep track of everyone. And there is no current system nor will there be one. We can't make rules for everything especially for something like this. Which is why I'm saying drop it. It's a dead end.

If I'm the only one arguing that things need to be trained, then I'll drop it -- but I don't believe I am.  I agree with Hazama's last post, though: this is something for another topic.

@Hazama: I did read; I'm basically saying that, overall, it sounds legitimate to me for now. As for Eric's being in sage mode: yes, that'd give one more time. I still argue that, given the vast size of the area, it should take at least two or three posts to find and/or reach them.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:50:42 AM by Darkshinobi »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2014, 05:50:33 AM »

Honestly I feel that this whole bijuu thing needs more refining on how exactly one can find another. The last 'revamp' didn't make it clear enough as obviously you can see.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2014, 05:52:20 AM »

Honestly I feel that this whole bijuu thing needs more refining on how exactly one can find another. The last 'revamp' didn't make it clear enough as obviously you can see.

The last revamp made things better than before, if we go nit picking now, then what?

I just find it hilarious because I'm almost 100% sure that Kayenta was on the council that created those new rules and now here they are against her and NOW there are problems >.>

What is the final ruling on all this?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2014, 05:52:50 AM »

As far as I can read Kay didn't put up the barrier yet, she posted that she intends to and goes to inform Warren of such.

As for Chiyo's resets all I can offer on that matter is that she did not take Sage Mode just for this. She did a while ago on my recommendation of Sage Mode being very useful. I don't think it's fair to say she is required to rp mastering Sage Mode though. If you have a full reset account and you decided to make a new character you totally can rp someone whose learning to do everything. That being said you can also rp as someone who is a Sage Master. You earn the ability to rp as such due to the resets and I think it is her prerogative to do such.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110114161251/naruto/images/thumb/3/3e/Naruto_World_Map.svg/650px-Naruto_World_Map.svg.png

That is the Naruto world, the Land of Wind being in the lower left corner, and as far as we know the entire thing is a desert. That's a desert the size of the Land of Fire plus most of the Land of Lightning. If someone could point roughly where on the map the Sand nin are and where Hazama and Chiyo flew into the country I think that would help.

As far as it seems though it seems like they will inevitably get there, though not right away. Kay's barrier will shut out chakra, but Eric's Natural Energy would seep out till he stops that, even then if Hazama uses his Rinnegan to scan the desert they will eventually see the barrier and can then swoop in to investigate.

I would say the fair thing to do here would give the sand nin 2-3 posts before the hunters arrive.

Darkshinobi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2014, 05:55:20 AM »

As far as it seems though it seems like they will inevitably get there, though not right away. Kay's barrier will shut out chakra, but Eric's Natural Energy would seep out till he stops that, even then if Hazama uses his Rinnegan to scan the desert they will eventually see the barrier and can then swoop in to investigate.

I would say the fair thing to do here would give the sand nin 2-3 posts before the hunters arrive.
My argument exactly, and I believe this should be the ruling. Take three posts to arrive; if they shut down the Senjutsu and set up the barrier, then you'll lose the sensory ability and have to resort to a more thorough search, which would take a few additional posts, at least.

Isano

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2014, 05:57:01 AM »

In regards to Darkshinobi: Alright, I understand that. But, the fact that things can be implied still remains. Hono probably should have done that, but it could be stated later that that was how he came across the information. A whole RP didn't have to be moved and made invitational.

To Bocchiere: I don't think any location can be pinpointed unless they were to give exact coordinates.

This is a bit off topic, but I think something that should also be addressed is Kayenta's statement OOC, "<KT> DesertDweller KayentaMoenkopi  trash me all you like. I have said what I said and I mean it. I have a standard for rp and these people fall way below it."

No one can even deny that was unnecessary and be taken as insulting, which it actually was.

On that note, I really actually have to leave the conversation. I'm leaving very early tomorrow for a trip and I still need to take care of last minute details.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2014, 06:04:18 AM »

These are the facts:

Alright, I'm going to comment on this;

If our posts were actually read, that's exactly what we did. We weren't like 'six people, northeast, two are Bijuu and one is in sage mode and they are doing this and this.'

"...she focused further onto the energy attempting to locate the source yet only grasping a slight trail,..." This is literally direct words from Chiyo's post.

And, these are words exactly from Warren's;
"Unless you tell Eric to stop leaking energy all over the place with that mode of his, it won't be enough." he was addressing Kay's clone "You need something that intercepts even senjutsu"+
(12h41m) <風> Warren +but would still give a questioning look to Kage too "Got any ideas? Plan was to employ nature energies in this endeavor too."

So, even if she did put up the barrier in her next post, the Senjutsu Chakra would still be there and give us more time to pinpoint exactly where it is... No?

And glad we got rid of the reborns stuff.

As for how reborns effect RP... That's something for another topic.
This can go two ways.

1. "Energies" as in Natural Energy, which is pretty much everywhere you are. It's around me, around you, around the trees, around the animals and especially glowing around a married couple on their honeymoon. If we're going this route, then I can say as well that I can sense Natural Energy "leaking" from Chiyo too.

2. "Energies" as in Senjutsu Chakra. Anybody can apparently sense it to a degree, but it gets treated like everyone else's chakra. If you can sense one of us, you can apparently sense all of us.

Natural Energy =/= Senjutsu Chakra. Natural Energy is a component of Senjutsu Chakra, which must be absorbed from the surrounding area and then molded with your Physical Energy and Spiritual Energy, to create this special chakra instead of the normal kind.

Darkshinobi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2014, 06:05:30 AM »

On that note, I really actually have to leave the conversation. I'm leaving very early tomorrow for a trip and I still need to take care of last minute details.
Good luck and have fun.

I'm practically out of time for now, so this is all I'm going to respond to before I go too; if this is still open tomorrow, I'll check in. If not, I hope the wisest decision is chosen.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2014, 06:06:38 AM »

Nice for you and me that Warren does not describe  nor decide what my jutsu does; rather, I do. Warren was not told all the particulars of the jutsu. no one was. Those were all internal monologue. Warren was told that security measures were being enacted. He said for eric to stop using sage mode cause he knows how it can be sensed. He said this to Kay's bunshin.

Warren...the character...is very arrogant. if you have rp 'd with the character and talked to the player you know that they do not share that attribute. it is pure Warren the shinobi. Of course off hand he feels this is needed.

However, once Kay does enact the jutsu, its game over. We go off the grid. It will block even sage mode chakra because it is a closed system.

for 'some reason' Kay muses all the people she had used this with in her YEARS of service? That one is quite obvious. To establish this jutsu is legit and been recognized over and over again in RP on SL by master shinobi. IT is mentioned on her wikia profile under the section 'concerning bijuu' and has NOT been edited within the last 48 hours.

SO it is not something I just made up to say...I have my force shield up you cannot get me. No...this is a legit and recognized custom jutsu that had been in use here for years.

Now as to public rp...

One...I do not feel I am obligated to RP with people who do not follow certain standards of rp that I hold myself to. I earn my things through rp. I do not remake my character every week or two. She is as is. She is not purchased and has all her original parts.

I do not acknowledge exchanges. Especially from other accounts no matter who owns them.

I do not play with metagamers.

People here say it all the time. "I m not trying to make rules that everyone has to follow. you are free to rp with who you want to."

Am I really? Let's see....

Because I posted this rp in a zone where my friends in different clans can join with me...I lose the right to choose who can join in because people now say it is PUBLIC.

this is not the same issue as being interrupted, like I was accused in Zone 1 tonight by Isano. Should someone wish to use zone 1 for their rp...fine...in fact they did already and not a peep did I utter.

But these people aim to join my rp.

Why?

Because I am rping with jinchuuriki I somehow lose the right to NOT rp with people who do not follow the same standard of RP I follow. Oh no...I am not forced to RP LIKE you. Oh no...I am not forced to RP WITH you. But my story and quest gets to be broke into and destroyed simply because my friends are hosts.

The implication here is that, while I am not being forced to RP with people who follow rules I consider to be outrageous, I also am not allowed to rp with hosts. No, I am not forced to adopt your ways. I will just be shut out and pushed aside while you tend to your bijuu hunt. Then if the host lives I can finish my rp. Once they heal...IF they heal.

I object.

STRONGLY!

At Shadow...
First off addressing the powers that Chiyo has. Everyone shut the hell up. Complaining about her character having just died and now claiming mastery over her reborns. Who hasn't done that?

I don't do it. And I don't want to RP with people who do. Which you know...I was not happy you changed the name of your character after I let you sign the snake summons scroll. This just is not legit rp.

AT Isano

But also, game time is different from real time. What is it? Three or four days to every real day? It can altered a bit based on that. So he may have posted hours ago for real, but according to time on SL, it's been days. I think with that one can be flexible.

I am glad you point this out honey. Because while Chiyo/Hazma's RP and Hono/Rikudo's RP world is moving along one time line...It has NOT been days at the oasis. In fact it is still one day, March 9th. [that is how Kay was able to attend HobbyGobby/Ely and Sophitia/Ratatask's wedding on Wednesday, April 23rd. In fact it is SO, that by the time they even got to Wind country, my actions will have been completed. The whole RP will have been finished long before you even start looking for Warren or Eric. So...

there is the justification for the quest getting to be completed before any outsiders can interfer.

' love you, miss ya.

Game over.

You know, part of me is going to enjoy poking apart at everything you said.

Your post has already been dissected by the majority and under the ruling of,'It was never stated, therefore it never happened' you DID NOT activate any barrier. And it blocks Senjutsu Chakra? Really now? I don't remember that being mentioned anywhere....

YOU can do whatever you like. You MAY NOT move a whole RP just because you think that someone is 'beneath' you to RP with. Please, for someone who use to argue with Bocchiere all the time, you sure seem to think that if things aren't your way that things just don't happen...

Yes, because you are RPing with someone who MUST RP with attackers then you lose your right to choose who you RP with... Or, you just don't partake in the RP. Can't move things to benefit you.

I'm sorry but... What? Did you serious just try to be like... 'It started March 9th' and all that? I'm sorry, but I'll let someone else say something.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.