Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Sky isn't Blue  (Read 5853 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: The Sky isn't Blue
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 04:23:19 AM »

I googled Obito Human Path for that panel, I dont know what page it is.

Excuse me for being defensive because every time these topics "just happen" to come up they "just happen" to be very specific and directly affect me.

This would effect many more then just you. Like I said I really don't care if you do it or not I just wanted to know if others found it to be off putting as I do. People can rp in any manner they want to and claim whatever they want to. This is SL we have that right.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 04:55:34 AM »

...I'd still like to see some more evidence as to this though and that page number if you have it.

If I may say, the chapter number was already given. If you do not want to flip through the manga's 16 or so pages to find it, that's your business. This is no court room, but it is not just the job of one side to find and deliver evidence to support their claim. The other side has to put in some effort too.

Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous, this Human Path power learning entire clan worth of jutsu in a single swipe, but at the same time, you would probably gain more ground suggesting a nerf for the technique than trying to claim that it is not possible via the canon.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 05:30:36 AM »

Seriously, just vote on nerfing it. >_>

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 05:38:48 AM »

I could argue about how inconceivably difficult it is to lay your hands on anyone to Human Path them in this "meta" if you will. Noting my fight against Kamui as Rakudo, but why bother? No one from Konoha will listen to a word that comes out of my mouth.   

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 07:50:55 AM »

I could argue about how inconceivably difficult it is to lay your hands on anyone to Human Path them in this "meta" if you will. Noting my fight against Kamui as Rakudo, but why bother? No one from Konoha will listen to a word that comes out of my mouth.

You lay your hands on people otherwise? You sir are the next Sage of Six Paths...

Seriously, just vote on nerfing it. >_>

All jokes aside (the above was seriously a joke) I highly doubt a vote of that sort would get any significant traction without behind the scenes manipulation. There would simply be no justification for nerfing it aside whim.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 07:16:11 PM »

...I'd still like to see some more evidence as to this though and that page number if you have it.

If I may say, the chapter number was already given. If you do not want to flip through the manga's 16 or so pages to find it, that's your business. This is no court room, but it is not just the job of one side to find and deliver evidence to support their claim. The other side has to put in some effort too.

Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous, this Human Path power learning entire clan worth of jutsu in a single swipe, but at the same time, you would probably gain more ground suggesting a nerf for the technique than trying to claim that it is not possible via the canon.

To much trouble from this phone...

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 11:48:28 PM »

So, wait. You're saying Bocc can't have edo cause he's an edo zombie?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 05:13:02 AM »

So, wait. You're saying Bocc can't have edo cause he's an edo zombie?

That was the focus of a different thread. The focus of this one had been the Soul Absorption Technique and its ability to allow the user to learn everything, including ninja techniques, from the victim. 

To much trouble from this phone...

There is no rush, as it is recognized as technique acquisition unless proven otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:14:37 AM by Eric »

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 07:57:44 PM »

In Plato's Theaeteus, which is a dialogue concerning the nature of knowledge, it is written that there is a discernible difference between education, learning, and intellect which deals with the degree of difference of experience, memory, acquisition, and contemplation.

When Human Path says that you would be able to learn everything that they knew, that would be an acquisition of the person's intellect. You wouldn't say that you would gain all of their experiences, their spirituality, or any of their personality with such an acquisition for this reason.

With such an acquisition, you'd be able to figure out the recipe for Edo Tensei. I think that much is true. But as it currently sits, I do not think the acquisition of other techniques beyond their 'recipe' would be legal with the Human Path. As such, it would be akin to reading a report of someone's experiences rather than more so. I don't think it would be accurate to list Bocchiere as a user of Edo Tensei; he is knowledgeable of it, but as it currently stands, I'm not convinced that he'd be able to actually perform it.
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 08:09:31 PM »

Well Trev gave me his spot on the list for one <<

Secondly we need to decide how this magical amnesia works in regards to Edo Tensei, since there is currently no IC reason for me to have forgotten the jutsu. Kamui was claiming he could take a control tag and reprogram me, so he seems to think you do not forget every aspect of the jutsu.

This topic is about the Human Realm, not my Edo Tensei claim, that is indisputable because it is quite literally in the Edo Tensei rules.

" If Edo Tensei is pirated from someone (Ex, Human Path) the person who attains the knowledge takes the spot on the Teacher-Student list of the person they robbed it from.  They will then be bond to any "teacher" or "student" that the previous user was connected with."

As I explained before I have the jutsu but cannot use it because I am an Edo zombie.

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »

Just because something is in the rules on this forum doesn't mean that it is indisputable. There are rules on this site which are awful and totally incorrect.

What my post concerned was not your acquisition of Edo Tensei--if you read it correctly, I am of the opinion that you should have knowledge of it anyhow.

But I don't think the Human Path is something which can be used to "pirate techniques" in general. I think it could work for Edo Tensei, because it is essentially a recipe not a technique, but other things.. I'm not convinced.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 08:23:09 PM »

Just because something is in the rules on this forum doesn't mean that it is indisputable. There are rules on this site which are awful and totally incorrect.

What my post concerned was not your acquisition of Edo Tensei--if you read it correctly, I am of the opinion that you should have knowledge of it anyhow.

But I don't think the Human Path is something which can be used to "pirate techniques" in general. I think it could work for Edo Tensei, because it is essentially a recipe not a technique, but other things.. I'm not convinced.

Well those are the rules any who cared to offer their input at the time came up with and are the rules every user of Edo Tensei is following. So you can certainly petition that the community needs to change those rules and I wish you luck with that.

I agree with you though, I said as much myself, about stealing techniques. If you Human Realmed Jiraiya you would have a very nice mental cheat sheet on how to master the Rasengan, but you would still have to work on it yourself.

Edo Tensei is just a kind of recipe, like you said, where you just need to throw a few ingredients together and you have a zombie.

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2014, 08:33:36 PM »

Well those are the rules any who cared to offer their input at the time came up with and are the rules every user of Edo Tensei is following. So you can certainly petition that the community needs to change those rules and I wish you luck with that.

I agree with you though, I said as much myself, about stealing techniques. If you Human Realmed Jiraiya you would have a very nice mental cheat sheet on how to master the Rasengan, but you would still have to work on it yourself.

Edo Tensei is just a kind of recipe, like you said, where you just need to throw a few ingredients together and you have a zombie.

There are plenty of rules that need updating. Communities evolve and change, ebb and flow. It really shouldn't be just my job to petition they be changed, especially if it is clear that they are wrong.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »

There are plenty of rules that need updating. Communities evolve and change, ebb and flow. It really shouldn't be just my job to petition they be changed, especially if it is clear that they are wrong.

If you have an issue with something and no one else is doing something about it, I'd still make a thread about it. Sometimes people just need a push, like our current jink thread. This is off topic though. ~
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 08:44:44 PM »

Well no one else has called the rules out on being wrong. If you can find other people who think that you cannot learn how to draw a particular seal and then make a particular set of kata with the Human Realm then I'm sure we could get a vote on changing the rules.

The only requirment to do Edo Tensei outside it's list of ingredients is to have enough chakra to perform the jutsu. So if you can explain how I am not gaining everything needed to know how to do the jutsu then I'm all ears.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 20 queries.