Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The lazy Jinchūriki of sl  (Read 7345 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
The lazy Jinchūriki of sl
« on: May 03, 2014, 03:51:02 AM »

Okay I'm going to pop this little topic of Jinchūriki on sl are, for the most part, inactive.

We have set up, revamped, talked a lot about bijuu rules so much you'd think people would get in their heads, but no. We have to keep drilling it in hoping for it to stick.

There are two (2) things a host needs to do to keep their precious;

Jinchūriki have an obligation to roleplay, posting in a public location outside their village of residence at least once every fortnight for the length of a day, even if it's just to visit another village. Those unaffiliated with a village should either post in a village or in the zones.
Jinchūriki have an obligation to be active, and are stripped of their bijū if they cannot get online and do their round (1 post in public a fortnight), regardless of the reason. The leader of their clan will inherit the bijū; if the jinchūriki wasn't in a clan, then a tournament/event can be arranged to determine a suitable host.

These are mandatory. These are not something you can be like; 'Today I just....I just don't feel like it."

Yet over 1/2 with bijuu do just that.

I can list them if needed, but I'm sure you can investigate yourself. Do I have sufficent evidence? You bet your ass I do. You can go look in the zones yourself. I have yet to see anyone since Yujo left post publicly as a host.

So this is what we need to fix as a community. Get the bijuu to follow the rules. If they don't want to follow them then they lose the bijuu. They should know the rules when they attain a beast.

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
Re: The lazy Jinchūriki of sl
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 05:11:08 AM »

For the most part, I have been keeping up with my obligation, the zones (desert and plains for recently) but I have noticed that there are not many jincks who do.

It is a situation, indeed, and with an active hunter clan in play, it is one that is going to be a little more pertinent as time wears on as more people start hunting tailed beasts.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 08:18:20 AM »

I haven't seen either Dart, Isa or Xia post anywhere other than Kiri in a while (even longer than 2 weeks).

Kiri water you doing?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 09:01:10 AM »

The only reason I agree with the leaving the village rule is that pretty much every village but Suna is impossible to infiltrate due to the ridiculous defense surrounding them. So a fight against those Jinchuriki will never be anything but a full scale attack. Not like it is a problem for me, but hey, maybe some other people want Jinchuriki too.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 09:10:19 AM »

Kayenta I did say 1/2 of them. I said I could name the inactive ones, but thought that you guys could sort them out and indeed you did. Those who are active need not to be brought up.

Anyways, like Bocc said, most villages now have to many defenses for just a jink capturing. Kiri has the forest and the mist, Iwa has a barrier, Oto has one, ect. Full scale attacks are the only way.

Also the rules said they could post in a public zone and just wait a full day and go back. If no one decides to respond to them being there then they go back. If you look it doesn't have to be a different village, it can be a zone also.

I brought this up because mostly the Kiri nin are the ones who just sit. Dart does rp, I'll give him that, but Isa and Xia don't do anything. These rules are made to follow, not toss aside.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 09:33:39 AM »

Well that's just the hazard of having a Bijuu/Jinchuriki. If someone wants a Bijuu, they go hunt down them down. If someone wants to defend their Bijuu, then they have to defend it. Both sides run a risk when trying to hold a claim on these chakra monsters that grant special powers and status.

And this rule about a Jinchuriki needing to be outside their village can be easily exploitable. For example: What if Zen decides to take the local acads of Kumo to the woods just outside the village for a camping trip? I'm not saying that we need to change it, but I'm just saying that it's within the rules to do that, since that alone runs it's risks for both sides.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 11:09:06 AM »

And this rule about a Jinchuriki needing to be outside their village can be easily exploitable. For example: What if Zen decides to take the local acads of Kumo to the woods just outside the village for a camping trip? I'm not saying that we need to change it, but I'm just saying that it's within the rules to do that, since that alone runs it's risks for both sides.
If Zen's making himself more easily accessible, then what's the problem? The fact that defenders can reach him faster? Well attackers can reach him pretty fast too, so big deal.

The only reason I agree with the leaving the village rule is that pretty much every village but Suna is impossible to infiltrate due to the ridiculous defense surrounding them. So a fight against those Jinchuriki will never be anything but a full scale attack. Not like it is a problem for me, but hey, maybe some other people want Jinchuriki too.
Maybe other people should put more thought into obtaining bijuu beyond simply locating, extracting it out from a jinchuuriki?

Also the rules said they could post in a public zone and just wait a full day and go back. If no one decides to respond to them being there then they go back. If you look it doesn't have to be a different village, it can be a zone also.

I brought this up because mostly the Kiri nin are the ones who just sit. Dart does rp, I'll give him that, but Isa and Xia don't do anything. These rules are made to follow, not toss aside.
A zone's perfectly fine, though another village would be more favorable as there'd likely be others present who aren't particularly fond of bijuu hunters (and there being safeguards in place).

The fact that the rules aren't being followed by those who've acknowledged them at some point is unacceptable though, and as a result those who haven't followed them should be stripped of their prize and given to somebody else in their clan (or have some event hosted to determine who receives it).

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 11:19:05 AM »

I'm going to send a pm out to all currently inactive or semi active hosts that are not following rules. Containing this topic and a copy of the rules. They'll have a time span of a week to choose to follow the rules or they can argue against them on this thread. Those who do neither I will start new threads on stripping them. Then the kage or those who are perceived as higher ups can reassign them or w/e.

EDIT: I have sent out the pm to these hosts;

Uchiha Rinn (Kind of active, but only in the Kusa clan, which doesn't even have village board)
Isaribi
Xiarawst
Shinko
Dart (Just to remind him to post outside of his village as he's been rp'ing actively)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:26:52 AM by Shadowxx »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »

I should invite them all to Konoha so they can come rp wise and be fling these rules. Then I snatch all ther tailed beast >:D

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 04:17:25 PM »

I should invite them all to Konoha so they can come rp wise and be fling these rules. Then I snatch all ther tailed beast >:D

Announcing your plan would probably make that a difficult endeavor, though I like where your head is at with the whole trap idea.  :cool:

...Why do hosts have to leave their village to be considered active? They are logging in, they are rping...that ought to be good enough. IT was my understanding that the activity rule was to make sure someone didn't get a bijuu then only log in every 90 days just to keep from being deleted. Isn't the whole point of a village putting a bijuu into a host for village defense? well what good is that if he is off site seeing round the world? It makes no RP sense to me.

Well, the rule was to get the jincks out of their hidey hole, and have their defenders have something to do other than sit in their garrison and wait to be attacked. In a peaceful world like ours (not even exaggerating on that one) it is not that much to ask that folks leave their village once every two weeks.

They do not even have to go far! They could just go to the local forest or sea or something, with three ANBU literally on stand-by in case shit hits the fan. Being a missing ninja jinck is  a pain because unless you find some affiliation, you're on your own almost all the time.

Unless you're someone like Zenaku, getting gang-banged is going to put a damper on your wishes to be a solo pubber (WoT reference). Been there, done that, and I thank Kamui and Trev for being good sports about it.  8)

...A zone's perfectly fine, though another village would be more favorable as there'd likely be others present who aren't particularly fond of bijuu hunters (and there being safeguards in place)...

Actually, if you're among the major nation-clans (or even a small one) it is usually more beneficial to be in the zones during this time, particularly the border region of the village. Never too far from allies, and it is not out of the ordinary for defensive networks to expand some distance beyond the actual village (patrols are what I mean here).

Going away to some foreign village almost defeats the purpose since they will have their own hidey hole system that you'll have to go through. This is fine, but if we're making them leave their home village just for them to go to another fortified village, if they travel using Kamui or something like that, it kind of defeats the purpose of the regulation in the first place.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 04:52:10 PM »

Going away to some foreign village almost defeats the purpose since they will have their own hidey hole system that you'll have to go through. This is fine, but if we're making them leave their home village just for them to go to another fortified village, if they travel using Kamui or something like that, it kind of defeats the purpose of the regulation in the first place.
Then why don't the invaders use Kamui as well, then?

If they can't (barriers being picky about who can and can't do it), then they'll need to adopt a different approach. For instance, does every village have such a barrier, and did the jinchuuriki access a village without one? Establishing extensive information networks would be a good step into coping with this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 04:55:10 PM by Angra Mainyu »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 06:25:27 PM »

You cannot auto kamui into villages. That's against the rules. If you are not of that village trying to do such will be voided. You'll need to pass via the gates, which isn't too hard to do unless you're known in rp or it'd be metagamed.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 06:30:52 PM »

You cannot auto kamui into villages. That's against the rules. If you are not of that village trying to do such will be voided. You'll need to pass via the gates, which isn't too hard to do unless you're known in rp or it'd be metagamed.

What? << That doesn't make any sense unless the village has some time space barrier. Why don't they just cut out the middle man and say it's god mod to be able to sneak into a village?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 06:37:54 PM »

I was under the assumption all the villages now have a barrier.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 06:44:26 PM »

I was under the assumption all the villages now have a barrier.

I didn't think anyone had a barrier preventing Time-Space jutsu, according to the wiki anyway
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.