Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Sky isn't Blue  (Read 5780 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: The Sky isn't Blue
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2014, 08:49:38 PM »

Just because something is in the rules on this forum doesn't mean that it is indisputable. There are rules on this site which are awful and totally incorrect.

What my post concerned was not your acquisition of Edo Tensei--if you read it correctly, I am of the opinion that you should have knowledge of it anyhow.

But I don't think the Human Path is something which can be used to "pirate techniques" in general. I think it could work for Edo Tensei, because it is essentially a recipe not a technique, but other things.. I'm not convinced.

Well those are the rules any who cared to offer their input at the time came up with and are the rules every user of Edo Tensei is following. So you can certainly petition that the community needs to change those rules and I wish you luck with that.

I agree with you though, I said as much myself, about stealing techniques. If you Human Realmed Jiraiya you would have a very nice mental cheat sheet on how to master the Rasengan, but you would still have to work on it yourself.

Edo Tensei is just a kind of recipe, like you said, where you just need to throw a few ingredients together and you have a zombie.

There are plenty of rules that need updating. Communities evolve and change, ebb and flow. It really shouldn't be just my job to petition they be changed, especially if it is clear that they are wrong.

If you are going to contest that they be changed, and you do not get someone else to do it, then it is and should be your job to petition that they be changed.

The Edo rule used that as an example becuase of what the canon says; anything can be learned. Changing that detail would require placing a nerf on the technique for SL purposes, which is, imho, unnecessary, but something that could happen if enough folks want the change done.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2014, 08:54:12 PM »

It really isn't a nerf to the technique though, it is redefining what is meant by what is already stated.

To say "I know everything he knows" is different than "I can do everything he can do." They do not follow each other.
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »

It really isn't a nerf to the technique though, it is redefining what is meant by what is already stated.

To say "I know everything he knows" is different than "I can do everything he can do." They do not follow each other.

No one ever said that you can do everything that you learned from the character. If you have Rinnegan, however, you have the ability to master all six elements, and in SL you are not limited otherwise on what you can possess, so frankly, a Rinnegan user can practically do whatever they learn.

They may not master it day one, but they do have the potential to master it like a native user.

As a result, it would be a nerf to redefine "everything" to mean something less.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2014, 06:36:39 PM »

I've said all this ^ multiple times already. We're just repeating ourselves now.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2014, 07:00:50 PM »

I've said all this ^ multiple times already. We're just repeating ourselves now.

If at first you do not succeed...  :roll:

If it does get truly repetitive, I might just start quoting previous posts in this thread.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 03:28:11 AM »

Here's my view on the thing.

Human path can draw information directly out of someone if you can snatch them by the head, and they do not resist this somehow. Provided the rinnegan holder spends long enough at it, they could learn everything the other person ever knew.

The way I see it these memories would be taken as the other one had them, as if you had experienced them yourself in their stead. However, muscle memory can't be copied because its a matter of reflexes and wiring of synapses and whatnot in the head, if thats the right way to put it. Thus, even if you'd know everything there is to know of edo tensei, you'd still have to discover the means to properly perform it yourself. Form the right amount and kind of chakra, et cetera.

To sum it up, here's how I see human path usage knowledge gaining wise;

If you want everything, then you spend that while keeping the poor bastard alive and sucking it all out. Perhaps pray while you're at it that you don't start forgetting other things? Otherwise you can only take select things if you wish.

If you want everything immediately with no waiting, just yank it outta them and be done, then you would have to remove the persons soul and take it into your body, essentially incorporating the person and all their knowledge into yourself.

Edit: and hope your head doesn't explode.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:29:32 AM by Warren »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 03:41:14 AM »

Here's my view on the thing.

Human path can draw information directly out of someone if you can snatch them by the head, and they do not resist this somehow. Provided the rinnegan holder spends long enough at it, they could learn everything the other person ever knew.

The way I see it these memories would be taken as the other one had them, as if you had experienced them yourself in their stead. However, muscle memory can't be copied because its a matter of reflexes and wiring of synapses and whatnot in the head, if thats the right way to put it. Thus, even if you'd know everything there is to know of edo tensei, you'd still have to discover the means to properly perform it yourself. Form the right amount and kind of chakra, et cetera.

To sum it up, here's how I see human path usage knowledge gaining wise;

If you want everything, then you spend that while keeping the poor bastard alive and sucking it all out. Perhaps pray while you're at it that you don't start forgetting other things? Otherwise you can only take select things if you wish.

If you want everything immediately with no waiting, just yank it outta them and be done, then you would have to remove the persons soul and take it into your body, essentially incorporating the person and all their knowledge into yourself.

Edit: and hope your head doesn't explode.

This technique kills the victim, there is no slow and painful way to go about it.

Muscle memory may not be copied, but the mental knowledge of how much chakra is needed would definitely be taken along with the knowledge of what hand seals and such. The only thing you couldn't get out of this technique instantly is instant mastery, which would have to be separately trained up.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 05:03:27 PM »

Like i've said several times, you'd know everything you needed to know to master the technique (to the degree of the person you brain snatched anyway) and would then just have to work on it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.