Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Akatsuki is abolishing summoning contracts  (Read 7374 times)

sploofmoof

• View Profile
Re: Akatsuki is abolishing summoning contracts
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 05:42:27 AM »

I believe that if we are allowed to summon toads without a contract and learn the sage mode, then all canon sage modes are to be learned the same way.  As it currently is there is inconsistency in the rules.  No toad contract but everyone summons toads.  There is a snake contract and only certain people can sign that.  So what are the real rules we're following in regards to canon summons? (There is also a slug contract I believe, but I lost track of that one a while ago)  Do we make a toad contract for someone to hold and effectively limit all canon sage modes?  Or do we abolish the snake contract and let snake sages roam as free as toad sages do?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 06:04:46 AM »

I believe that if we are allowed to summon toads without a contract and learn the sage mode, then all canon sage modes are to be learned the same way.  As it currently is there is inconsistency in the rules.  No toad contract but everyone summons toads.  There is a snake contract and only certain people can sign that.  So what are the real rules we're following in regards to canon summons? (There is also a slug contract I believe, but I lost track of that one a while ago)  Do we make a toad contract for someone to hold and effectively limit all canon sage modes?  Or do we abolish the snake contract and let snake sages roam as free as toad sages do?
Toads are treated as a default summon, because generally people with a single reset in that Sage branch are able to summon toads in-game, the general rule of thumb being "If I can use it in-game, then I have a right to use it in RP" (assuming certain conditions are met; i.e. going to Mount...Toad and signing the contract there (because nobody's carrying it around), or for the Rinnegan going through the "S > MS > EMS > EMS + Mokuton > Rinnegan" process). Fact of the matter is no single person is carrying the summoning contract for toads, though somebody possesses the contract for snakes.

I don't know about what others think about it, but I'm comfortable with the establishment of a scroll for toads and making all newbies to the Sage Mode reset find their own summon to establish Sage Mode for (it does sound harsh though).

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 06:45:38 AM »

Going back through other threads and this thread as well, I think I've pointed out the main problems here.

1. Who would people be more accepting of?
    a. Someone who worked up in the Sage Mode resets to get all 6 of their Sage Mode resets.
    b. Someone who worked up in other resets and then changed them to make 6 into Sage Mode.

The answer is going to be A, if anybody didn't catch that as a rhetorical question. A takes longer to do/get, and in that time the person who is working for it is more likely to RP their progress in their training. B would either be pretty silent about it, or they would just change their account/character entirely and immediately claim Perfect Sage Mode hacks. Or worse, B people who don't even change their resets at all to the proper ones. Or even worse, people who take one alt account's resets and make them count for their main's.

I myself am an A-person. I played around being a random golden skeleton on my third reset, scaring kids and stuff. Then I practiced my four-reset/complete Sage Mode against Solo's Perfect Susanoo in a friendly spar. I ran around acting like a flaming apparition with my fifth-reset/full Sage Mode. And finally, I completed getting my sixth-reset/Perfect Sage Mode, which I don't really show to many people IC. All of this is history; Stuff that has been developed over time in character, description and development.

B people usually just decide they want to be sages, change around a few things and go "lol Perfect Sage Mode". THIS is what seems to be shaking up a few people here and there.

Now I won't really touch on who decides how canon Sage Modes are learnt, because mine is totally custom. But I'll keep reading and see how this plays out.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 01:48:34 PM »

Right now is this thing with claiming summoning contracts and the sage mode. Essentially due to the snake contract Kayenta and Zanto are, in essence, claiming snake sage mode as their own even if that wasn't their intent.

If they control the snakes then they control the sage mode that comes from the snakes. They get to do whatever they want with it. They can put the cave where they want, they can choose who they want to give it to, ect.

Say I make a contract with the great brown cow sage. Okay now I'm going to claim a contract that ties all cows to me. I place this cave in Otogakure and in order to use cows you now need to consult with me. Even if I let you sign it you cannot become a cow sage until you consult with me and I take you there. (I own cow sage mode due to this)

Also I'm totes claiming slugs to show you all how it is.(On Shadow) Shikkotsu Forest is now located in the boundaries of Otogakure.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:39:38 PM by Shadowxx »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 02:15:30 PM »

Why not just create a variation of x Sage Mode?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 02:44:28 PM »

I kinda just did with slugs.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 02:48:16 PM »

Isn't Kamui the contract holder for slugs, though?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 02:50:03 PM »

No? Their's no page nor any content to back that up.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »

Really?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »

Really?

On the wikia, no. On the forums, maybe. The other claiming threads you listed that kamui was the contract holder, but he did die. As Raifudo said, free game now.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 02:56:12 PM »

On the wikia, no. On the forums, maybe. The other claiming threads you listed that kamui was the contract holder, but he did die. As Raifudo said, free game now.
Zojin's name is bolded, indicating she's the new contract holder.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 02:58:26 PM »

Zojin's name is bolded, indicating she's the new contract holder.

Seems my edits are being removed, didn't see her name in bold, alright I shall talk to her.
Everything has been edited to her regardless of her and the other signers inactiveness.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:55:20 PM by Shadowxx »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 05:06:03 PM »

Jiraiya summoned a toad, a toad who had the contract. It was not Jiraiya's contract, but he was free to bring the toad out and ask him to let Naruto sign it.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2014, 06:02:57 PM »

Whelp, you got me on that one. I think I was thinking of that scroll toad from later and got them confused. He did say it was passed down through generations of ninja. Though a toad was still the one hanging on to it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.