Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Akatsuki is abolishing summoning contracts  (Read 7497 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Re: Akatsuki is abolishing summoning contracts
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2014, 08:24:14 PM »

Right now is this thing with claiming summoning contracts and the sage mode. Essentially due to the snake contract Kayenta and Zanto are, in essence, claiming snake sage mode as their own even if that wasn't their intent.

If they control the snakes then they control the sage mode that comes from the snakes. They get to do whatever they want with it. They can put the cave where they want, they can choose who they want to give it to, ect.

Say I make a contract with the great brown cow sage. Okay now I'm going to claim a contract that ties all cows to me. I place this cave in Otogakure and in order to use cows you now need to consult with me. Even if I let you sign it you cannot become a cow sage until you consult with me and I take you there. (I own cow sage mode due to this)

Also I'm totes claiming slugs to show you all how it is.(On Shadow) Shikkotsu Forest is now located in the boundaries of Otogakure.
In all technicality, if you do make a Cow contract and Sage Mode, then you can do whatever you want with it's legendary location and summons overall, since cows aren't a canon summon or canon Sage Mode in the series.

But Slugs on the other hand are a canon summon, and perhaps have a canon Sage Mode as well. This is implied to be Hashirama's Sage Mode since he doesn't seem to have any Toad or Snake-like characteristics, and the only other place that is implied that it can be learned from is the Shikkotsu Forest.

Now let's say if you claimed Hawks or Crows, which are canon summons without a canon Sage Mode or canon legendary location, then you can go ahead and make up whatever you want for their Sage Modes and legendary location. This is what Xia has done for Hawks already though, so nobody else can really have a say on that now. Crows, I haven't done any research on who has established what on that. But these are some examples to draw from.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 10:25:18 PM »

On the wikia, no. On the forums, maybe. The other claiming threads you listed that kamui was the contract holder, but he did die. As Raifudo said, free game now.
Zojin's name is bolded, indicating she's the new contract holder.

Seems my edits are being removed, didn't see her name in bold, alright I shall talk to her.
Everything has been edited to her regardless of her and the other signers inactiveness.

Well since Kamui is alive again and the only active contract holder, I might just take the contract back from the inactive Kazekage.
Just contact me in-game, if Zojin never gets back to you and we'll work something out but this is only when we get to this point though.  ;)

Quote from: Bocchiere
Whelp, you got me on that one. I think I was thinking of that scroll toad from later and got them confused. He did say it was passed down through generations of ninja. Though a toad was still the one hanging on to it

I think you confused the Key Toad with the actual Toad Contract itself.  :oops:

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2014, 11:18:53 PM »

Whelp, you got me on that one. I think I was thinking of that scroll toad from later and got them confused. He did say it was passed down through generations of ninja. Though a toad was still the one hanging on to it.

Mayaps out of convenience. Shinobi have a tendency to die in battle.  :)

Having a summon keep it safe, since they usually poof away when they get damaged, would make the canon world contracts easier to safeguard.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Zanto

• If you can't take the heat, then walk away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2014, 01:35:58 AM »

I feel as though I should have my own voice in this matter.

I never once stated that Zanto controls who is deemed worthy of who gets Snake Mode. I've said that it is the White Snake's decision, but seeing as there is no such person to rp as that (unless it was Zanto, Kayenta, Shinro, or Mariko), the decision can be taken as a vote through the already achieved Snake Sages.

These rules for the contract were set into place around the time Zanto signed the contract. Way before Kayenta was a signer. Zanto didn't learn Snake Mode until he trained with another Sage before this person was able to verify that Zanto was ready for learning the art. That took time, way more than seven days.

(To Shadow) But, if you believe that you are not getting a clear understanding of the rules themselves then of course we'll talk with you in a dwelling or something like that. I find it odd that you make these posts after I agreed to train with you.
Greatness Awaits.

Arisato

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2014, 04:31:15 AM »

Acuna lacks the resets necessary to learn Senjutsu. I vote he earns his right to use it before trying to claim anything related.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2014, 04:41:26 AM »

Acuna lacks the resets necessary to learn Senjutsu. I vote he earns his right to use it before trying to claim anything related.
Alternatively (in reference to the OP) you can just ignore him and all of Akatsuki altogether if you don't approve of their summoning-contract-abolishment clause.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2014, 05:16:15 AM »

Or I could lock this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 14 queries.