Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

Should you be allowed to claim an entire species of animal. (i.e claiming all types of bird as your own)

Yes
No
I seriously hate you Acuna

Author Topic: The killing of the snake aggregation contract.  (Read 2695 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
The killing of the snake aggregation contract.
« on: May 05, 2014, 05:07:08 PM »

Wooooo, back on snakes. Why? Because I love them. Anywho! Wayward towards being hated!

Snakes like all animals have separate groups as a whole. Different races if you please. Viper, Rattlesnake, ect.

Birds share this. Hawks, falcons, eagles.

There's lions and leopards, all big cats.

Tortoises and turtles.

So many variations

Eagles is held by Miku Uchiha.
Falcons by Genesis.
Hawks by Xia.

Honestly I can keep going. These are all birds, but they all are claimed independently as such, I see no reason as to why snakes are grouped together as one.

What I'm trying to say is that we need rules on contracts/claiming of animals.

Since people are too greedy to share their precious type of bird or lizard I want to make it where you can't claim the whole damn species either. Just one type of that species. Like the birds listed up there.

Point being you cannot claim an entire species of animal as your own.

Rules of contracts on animals;

• You cannot claim more than one animal. (You cant have a purple bear and green seal.)
  • If the person holding the contract dies it goes to the next person who signed it.
  • If the person holding the contract goes inactive. (More than 60 days or until char deletion of 90+ days) The contract is given to the person who signed it after them. If there is no one to inherit it, it's free game.If the person comes back, tough luck.
  • Any animal contract can have it's own individual sage mode and secret location if wanted.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: The killing of the snake aggregation contract.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 07:42:35 PM »

I do agree that it is kinda hypocritical in light of the multiple birds and things I had never considered.

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 08:07:11 PM »

You cannot claim more than one animal. (You cant have a purple bear and green seal.)
You wish to limit Rinnegan users? I'm for it. If that isn't your intention, then this rule is useless.

If the person holding the contract dies it goes to the next person who signed it.
I am rather fond that the contract is unattainable for some time if the possessor dies. The community of sl will eventually find a way to claim lost contracts. Let it be free game.

If the person holding the contract goes inactive. (More than 60 days or until char deletion of 90+ days) The contract is given to the person who signed it after them. If there is no one to inherit it, it's free game.If the person comes back, tough luck.
Why not apply this rule to every ninjutsu and see how that goes?

Any animal contract can have it's own individual sage mode and secret location if wanted.
3000 different snake sage mode, huh?

This whole thing is nonsense. They're more than 3000 species of snakes, each with unique traits. Should 3000 shinobi claim specific snakes now? Eagles and Hawks belong in the same family, yet differ in size. I think someone just wanted eagles or hawks so badly that they chose to claim certain species in the family. Shadow, all you're doing right now is destroying creativity and freedom. Shame on you.
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 08:15:55 PM »

Shadow, all you're doing right now is destroying creativity and freedom. Shame on you.

Which is why contracts should be held by the animals like I said, so anyone can rp to sign whichever ones they want.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 08:20:28 PM »

You cannot claim more than one animal. (You cant have a purple bear and green seal.)
You wish to limit Rinnegan users? I'm for it. If that isn't your intention, then this rule is useless.

If the person holding the contract dies it goes to the next person who signed it.
I am rather fond that the contract is unattainable for some time if the possessor dies. The community of sl will eventually find a way to claim lost contracts. Let it be free game.

If the person holding the contract goes inactive. (More than 60 days or until char deletion of 90+ days) The contract is given to the person who signed it after them. If there is no one to inherit it, it's free game.If the person comes back, tough luck.
Why not apply this rule to every ninjutsu and see how that goes?

Any animal contract can have it's own individual sage mode and secret location if wanted.
3000 different snake sage mode, huh?

This whole thing is nonsense. They're more than 3000 species of snakes, each with unique traits. Should 3000 shinobi claim specific snakes now? Eagles and Hawks belong in the same family, yet differ in size. I think someone just wanted eagles or hawks so badly that they chose to claim certain species in the family. Shadow, all you're doing right now is destroying creativity and freedom. Shame on you.

Rinnegan users have a specific number of summons they can use and they all have the same animals, no? This isn't about Rinnegan this is regular contracts.

No, the rules on the contracts are made so people don't fight over who gets what. It goes to whoever is next in line to avoid conflict.

There are around 2900 actually, but I digress. Obviously there are not 2900 people and not everyone want to have a snake as a summon nor can they if they want another animal That's what the 1 contract per person rules is there for. So they can't claim 14 different kinds of snakes or 14 different animals.

I'm not destroying anything, I'm trying to expand on it. Claiming is what is destroying freedom when I can't pick what I want. Claiming is destroying my creativity when I can't customize my own type of sage mode when the animal I'd love to base it around is claimed on all angles.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 08:36:02 PM »

Here are the killing stones to your logic on this.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Hawks

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Crows

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Owls

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Snakes

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Tortoise

The above are canon summons. Birds are divided by the type they are, but Snakes (Anacondas, Boa Constrictors, Black Mambas, etc.) are not. Tortoises and Turtles are hard to determine, as Kumo's Island Turtle is classified as a Tortoise even-though it isn't a summon (perhaps Turtles are a sub-category of Tortoises?).

But the main point is, Snakes are a canon summon that include any and all kinds of Snakes.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 08:43:44 PM »

Here are the killing stones to your logic on this.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Hawks

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Crows

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Owls

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Snakes

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Tortoise

The above are canon summons. Birds are divided by the type they are, but Snakes (Anacondas, Boa Constrictors, Black Mambas, etc.) are not. Tortoises and Turtles are hard to determine, as Kumo's Island Turtle is classified as a Tortoise even-though it isn't a summon (perhaps Turtles are a sub-category of Tortoises?).

But the main point is, Snakes are a canon summon that include any and all kinds of Snakes.

Then that should apply to toads, but cause it's an in-game reset no one care. Is that what it will take? Have Neji implement an option between toad sage mode or snake sage mode?

You guys cannot take canon material from the show when you are ignoring other parts of the canon. That being toads are in the same form of contract yet everyone has them.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:44:47 PM by Shadowxx »

Shinro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 08:48:30 PM »

I agree. It's almost like Shadow's trying to enforce his own rules, ones outside the Naruto world, just to further his cause.

@Bocchiere: Problem with that is that if I were to create my custom, animal summoning, and let it hold its contract. Other people could just say that they "somehow" found a way to meet my summoning, and that it allowed them to summon it.

@Shadow: That's exactly why I don't acknowledge the claim that in-game resets entitles someone with certain rp powers. In-game resets are just tools to help you obtain dks faster. Nothing more or less than that.  Of course, it is now a trend to use those resets to claim powers, but doing such isn't an official rule. I have 6 rinnegan resets, but that doesn't mean that I am entitled to possess the rinnegan, now does it? Of course not.

Anyway... I don't think I need to add anything more.  I already threw my two cents in the wishing well.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:12:26 PM by Shinro »
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 08:49:49 PM »

I agree. It's almost like Shadow's trying to enforce his own rules, ones outside the Naruto world, just to further his cause.

@Bocchiere: Problem with that is that if I were to create my custom, animal summoning, and let it hold its contract. Other people could just say that they "somehow" found a way to meet my summoning, and that it allowed them to summon it.

These rules are open to modification by the community. In no way are they going to be enforced by me alone.

I don't like to think that either, but in this case I have to see it that way.

Snakes, slugs, and toads are all on the same level. In which you and Kage say one contract claims them all then all sage mode users would need to sign a contract. However that is not enforced and anyone can have. I'd like to be able to have all contracts free to everyone.

I already have snakes from Kayenta, I just need to be trained by Zanto. I no longer need to fight this battle, but I will cause I feel that it's hypocritical that one sage mode is free and the others aren't.

I'm off for a bit ~
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:58:28 PM by Shadowxx »

Shinro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 08:58:39 PM »

Community? Look around. You will only see 8 people here at most. Any rp rules here will never be official. So just go ahead, and claim snake sage if you wish. I won't stop you. Your judges will be the rest of the 100-something members of SL that you'll encounter in rp. They'll either accept you or void you.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:07:16 PM by Shinro »
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 09:34:54 PM »

Which is why in my rules that I brought up I said you can't do that if it is a custom thing someone made, like Rares' Dragon men.

Shinro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 11:00:53 PM »

I don't fancy the "rules" that these 8-something people have conjured, so I shall too be picky with whom I rp with. If I'm praised or hated for it, then so be it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:06:07 PM by Shinro »
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 11:16:58 PM »

These rules are open to modification by the community. In no way are they going to be enforced by me alone.

I don't like to think that either, but in this case I have to see it that way.

Snakes, slugs, and toads are all on the same level. In which you and Kage say one contract claims them all then all sage mode users would need to sign a contract. However that is not enforced and anyone can have. I'd like to be able to have all contracts free to everyone.

I already have snakes from Kayenta, I just need to be trained by Zanto. I no longer need to fight this battle, but I will cause I feel that it's hypocritical that one sage mode is free and the others aren't.

I'm off for a bit ~

Toad sage mode, for all intensive purposes, is free because those who do have contract with it have not bothered trying to do otherwise. Their reasons vary from it's an in-game reset to laziness, but all the same, they choose not to heavily try to enforce who signed what as far as toads are concerned.

Most of the rest are not like that, and do enforce who does and who does not have the contract. Some more liberally than others.

The in-game reset -as I see it- are the level at which your char is at on their way to sage mode. 3rd reset is when you can finally start using imperfect sage mode, and so on and so forth. The fact that it is toads is in line with the Naruto vs Pain time period of the series.

Similarly, custom dojutsu tended to have to be backed by in-game eye technique resets. For obvious reasons, as time dragged on and the sharingan got more powerful, custom dojutsu almost became pointless in the face of such competition.

In short, the resets are more like frames of reference for advancements, custom or canon, not the definite. You do not have to RP sharingan even if you reset into it; some folks even would interchange it for byakugan, which is totally accepted by some folks.

Community? Look around. You will only see 8 people here at most. Any rp rules here will never be official. So just go ahead, and claim snake sage if you wish. I won't stop you. Your judges will be the rest of the 100-something members of SL that you'll encounter in rp. They'll either accept you or void you.

As such, the rules are about as official as folks on SL make them. Even if there are only eight people here putting their input in, if SL people accept it, it is about as "official" as it gets in practice.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.