Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Poll

Time limit or post limit on the tournament discussion.

5 days to post
12 posts max
Something else besides those two. (Please post it)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Bijuu rules modification: RECALL Edition  (Read 16574 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Bijuu rules modification: RECALL Edition
« on: June 20, 2014, 07:09:25 PM »

A link to this thread was posted on ALL village boards and in MHQ so the community could see what's happening.

So, as many of you know we have moved past the 1v1 in a zone and we then moved to IC rules. Fun stuff. However there are a lot of loopholes and the new system can and is being abused pretty badly.  Without further ado; bijuu rules modification.

CURRENT RULES

Guidelines

◾ (1) Jinchūriki are to be hunted in-character. As a requirement, knowledge as to their identity and location are mandatory to possess in order to legitimately locate them (not so much the latter if the jinchūriki is constantly roaming outside of a village).

◾ (2) Identity can be discovered if it's made common knowledge within a village and word gets around. Additionally an incredibly skilled sensor or another jinchūriki can sense and identify them if they're nearby within the same zone.

◾ (3) Location can be discovered through common knowledge similarly with identity. In the case of wandering jinchūriki, entering the zone they're in by chance and then using a sensor/jinchūriki is sufficient enough to locate them (so long as they have no safeguards preventing sensing up).

◾ (4) Jinchūriki have an obligation to roleplay, posting in a public location outside their village of residence at least once every fortnight for the length of a day, even if it's just to visit another village. Those unaffiliated with a village should either post in a village or in the zones.

◾ (5) Jinchūriki have an obligation to be active, and are stripped of their bijū if they cannot get online and do their round (1 post in public a fortnight), regardless of the reason. The leader of their clan will inherit the bijū; if the jinchūriki wasn't in a clan, then a tournament/event can be arranged to determine a suitable host.

◾ (6) Unless a jinchūriki has outstanding life force (from being either an Uzumaki, having Wood Release or from being downright immortal), they will die when stripped of their bijū. Else they will be left in a crippled state.

◾ (7) Tailed beasts must be sealed within a jinckurii within a week of capture. Tailed beasts may be captured yet still before that time since there is no grace period.

◾ (8) Or, a tailed beast may be treated as a summon of the user. However, control of the beast must be maintained via genjutsu, and the user is only capable of defensive moves while the beast is active. In order to lose possession of the tailed beast, the user must have their contract nullified, control lost of the tailed beast, and/or have the beast sealed by someone else.

◾(9) If a host is killed while still hosting the tailed beast, then the beast also dies. The challenger, technically then, loses; however, when the beast respawns within a week's time, they are permitted to participate in the fight for the beast. In the meantime, among the challenger and the challenged, a game master must be declared to control the beast itself.
      The privilege to do so may be conceded to another party. If a decision has not been made due to a lack of choice availability, then the former host may control the tailed beast. Clear abuse of this will result in an official GM controlling the beast, the choice of which depends on availability and best two out of three for rock-paper-scisssors, with timestamps being used to limit hax.

◾ (10) The notion of real-time travel applies, where in cases a real day must elapse for one to travel from point A to B, with reductions depending on travel mode and obstacles between points. The Body Flicker Technique will not suffice as a suitable travel method, as opposed to summonings.

Those are the current rules. (If you couldn't tell) So now voice your concerns!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:12:50 PM by Shadowxx »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu rules modification: RECALL Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 07:12:13 PM »

As I mentioned, no safeguards to prevent sensing. Sensors and other Jinchuriki can detect bijuu chakra whether it is sealed in a person or an old shoe, period. Otherwise it is impossible to locate them.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 07:42:20 PM »

As I mentioned, no safeguards to prevent sensing. Sensors and other Jinchuriki can detect bijuu chakra whether it is sealed in a person or an old shoe, period. Otherwise it is impossible to locate them.

You want to take out anything that prevents sensing? I don't have any objection to that. However I think we should add an addition to where nonsensors and those not a bijuu should be able to 'detect' them at least. I'm not sure if that's to be a time frame to where they start to sense the bijuu chakra or what, but I don't agree with the idea that only 2 types of people can sense the chakra.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 07:43:51 PM »

You want to take out anything that prevents sensing? I don't have any objection to that. However I think we should add an addition to where nonsensors and those not a bijuu should be able to 'detect' them at least. I'm not sure if that's to be a time frame to where they start to sense the bijuu chakra or what, but I don't agree with the idea that only 2 types of people can sense the chakra.

I just mean that anyone who has the ability to sense chakra could find them. People in Sage Mode, probably people with Byakugan and Sharingan too. It should be in the same "zone" though, village, or what have you.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:53:05 AM by bocchiere »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 07:53:28 PM »

I just mean that anyone who has the ability to sense chakra could find them. People in Sage Mode, probably people with Byakugan and Sharingan too. It should be in the same "zone" though, village, or what have you.

So anyone with a dojutsu/sage mode can sense them, within the radius of the same zone/village. And those who don't have it; can't. I still think there should be a wait period to detect them. Instead of some person walking 1 foot into a zone and the bijuu chakra hits them instantly.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 02:52:15 AM »

Seeing as we are starting with the sensing one, let me be clear, that when it was written, there were not exceptions in mind. However, when it came to practice and someone spoke on it, there were objections to it on the basis that it auto-hits, basically.

If we agree that there are no screws to give for that hole and reverse that exception, then that rule technically does not need to be changed, but rather, enforced as it was originally intended.

The safeguards portion is the only part that would need to be altered for the purposes proposed, basically.

Now, I think it is more important to elaborate on how tailed beasts are to be handled specifically when/if a jinch is stripped, as that is something that was almost completely omitted in the original text.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 03:35:19 AM »

I think more clarifications are needed to find the biju if they are used as a summoning, since in theory you could hide them forever. Maybe we could say the biju leaves traces of their chakra on the summoner or something?

As for the stripping, I think somethings are obvious and are givens to be added to the rules. Like if the Jinch is inactive and not in a fight, it goes to the leader of the clan/village or tourney if no affliation.

The question is, what happens if the Jinch is in a fight? Obviously from past rulings, if it is 1v1, it goes to the challenger.

The rest is up for deciding.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 03:55:36 AM »

Sensing shouldn't be a problem at all if you're a proficient sensor. You should be all like "woah, that's a lot of chakra over there", since the Biju are beasts of raw and pure chakra.

Some for doujutsu when it comes to the Sharingan and Byakugan. The Sharingan can see chakra and differentiate between different kinds, since it gives color to it. The Byakugan can do the same thing, but it also has that fancy 360 degree view, x-ray vision and telescopic sight. That would make finding Biju even easier. Some may think it's unfair, but some people are born with talents/abilities that give them an advantage over others. That's basically what KG are.

And having a Biju as a summon means that they have to be jailed/confined, not sealed, somewhere. That's pretty much how I rolled when I had the Rokubi, which meant that if any hunters wanted to, they could easily find it using one of the above methods. Especially with the Byakugan. Now how might one confine a Biju? I just made Wood Dragons, put it in a Sharingan-induced genjutsu and called it a day. Not everyone may be able to use that method though, because of resets or KG they don't have.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 04:04:09 AM »

Sensing shouldn't be a problem at all if you're a proficient sensor. You should be all like "woah, that's a lot of chakra over there", since the Biju are beasts of raw and pure chakra.

Some for doujutsu when it comes to the Sharingan and Byakugan. The Sharingan can see chakra and differentiate between different kinds, since it gives color to it. The Byakugan can do the same thing, but it also has that fancy 360 degree view, x-ray vision and telescopic sight. That would make finding Biju even easier. Some may think it's unfair, but some people are born with talents/abilities that give them an advantage over others. That's basically what KG are.

And having a Biju as a summon means that they have to be jailed/confined, not sealed, somewhere. That's pretty much how I rolled when I had the Rokubi, which meant that if any hunters wanted to, they could easily find it using one of the above methods. Especially with the Byakugan. Now how might one confine a Biju? I just made Wood Dragons, put it in a Sharingan-induced genjutsu and called it a day. Not everyone may be able to use that method though, because of resets or KG they don't have.

A certain someone had it in a pocket dimension, however. Unless explicitly prohibited or implicitly by having only certain methods used for legitness, it is very exploitable to attempt to put it into the Kamui pocket dimension for the sake of convenience.

I think more clarifications are needed to find the biju if they are used as a summoning, since in theory you could hide them forever. Maybe we could say the biju leaves traces of their chakra on the summoner or something?

As for the stripping, I think somethings are obvious and are givens to be added to the rules. Like if the Jinch is inactive and not in a fight, it goes to the leader of the clan/village or tourney if no affliation.

The question is, what happens if the Jinch is in a fight? Obviously from past rulings, if it is 1v1, it goes to the challenger.

The rest is up for deciding.

So how does it go to the leaders? Magic? Transfer via seal or a gift box wrapped in Valentine's packaging? Especially in the context of the Kiri fight, that is kind of an important thing to know in case hunters wanted to drop the ax before a new host is selected and has the ability to hide for a fortnight.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 04:39:30 AM »

Yes, magic ooc. How else would you give the biju to a leader if a host went inactive? Especially one that was inactive and not in battle?

As for the Kiri debate, most agree in that situation, the beast goes back to Kiri. The only problem with that, is Xia is moving and as active kage, if the beast gets stripped, he has to decide where it goes. This brings up an important aspect to the rules, what happens in the Jinch and active leader go inactive?

Perhaps the next highest ranked member, or a council if one decides?
Or a tournament for Kiri members only? Or consider it to be unaffiliated and a site wide tournament. Numerous ways to deal with it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 05:06:55 AM »

Yes, magic ooc. How else would you give the biju to a leader if a host went inactive? Especially one that was inactive and not in battle?

As for the Kiri debate, most agree in that situation, the beast goes back to Kiri. The only problem with that, is Xia is moving and as active kage, if the beast gets stripped, he has to decide where it goes. This brings up an important aspect to the rules, what happens in the Jinch and active leader go inactive?

Perhaps the next highest ranked member, or a council if one decides?
Or a tournament for Kiri members only? Or consider it to be unaffiliated and a site wide tournament. Numerous ways to deal with it.

If he is inactive to the point in which he can't make that call or fulfill the duties as jinch, then the next rabbit in line hops up to the plate and takes a nibble.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 06:05:55 AM »

He's moving, so I'm pretty sure he gets a pass and won't get stripped. I don't know his activity level, so maybe he'll be able to name a Jinch. Either way, it proposes a what if scenario, which needs to be covered for the rules.

The scenario being, an jinch and inactive clan/village leader. Perhaps if they have a council or second in command lined up they decide, or if no one can do it within two weeks, it be hosted as a prize for a tournament.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:16:39 AM by Trev »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 06:59:51 AM »

If it's a 1v1 fight then the opponent gets it yes.

In a situation like Kiri I would say it is just now sealed in a pot somewhere and the attackers could find and snatch it.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 07:15:28 AM »

1v1 the attacker gets it.

If it's to where it's in a group rp and said host goes inactive it goes to the kage, if said kage is inactive the bijuu automatically gets stuck into a container of sorts?

Then it comes down to who defends it?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 02:43:22 PM »

1v1 the attacker gets it.

If it's to where it's in a group rp and said host goes inactive it goes to the kage, if said kage is inactive the bijuu automatically gets stuck into a container of sorts?

Then it comes down to who defends it?

I hate to be that guy, but what about 2v1 or 2v2? Is there a limit before the beast goes to the village, or a limit before the challenger just claims it?

He's moving, so I'm pretty sure he gets a pass and won't get stripped. I don't know his activity level, so maybe he'll be able to name a Jinch. Either way, it proposes a what if scenario, which needs to be covered for the rules.

The scenario being, an jinch and inactive clan/village leader. Perhaps if they have a council or second in command lined up they decide, or if no one can do it within two weeks, it be hosted as a prize for a tournament.

There has to be a second-in-command somewhere. Life happens, not having a second in command in a clan like Kirigakure would be extremely careless. If that second in command goes absent, then the next one in the line of succession steps up to handle the duties.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.