Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Kiri op seals

Let 'em have it
Don't let 'em have it
Let them have it, though modify it

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: SSM Scroll  (Read 9752 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
SSM Scroll
« on: June 25, 2014, 09:11:21 AM »

Even though I am going to be semi-inactive for the most part for the upcoming 10 days. (Please look to Bijuu recall edition topic) I want to address this. (Right word to use? I dunno, tired)

Anywho I'd like a link or something detailing it and such. Why? Because this ties into some things. Like if I have the Kusanagi since it was Oro's can I put it in such a way only Oto nin can have it? Based off what I've heard the SSM swords are now only able to be used by Kiri nin due to Gitsune placing the seal/scroll thing on it. (If none of this is true please point where I'm wrong)

This, just in the wide arrange of things, doesn't seem fair and if I am allowed to restrict items to only those within a certain village then I will kill this topic. So does it have to be a canon scroll that has been shown or what?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: SSM Scroll
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 09:17:57 AM »

From the wiki

"The current Second Seat has placed seals on the swords to ensure that they will not fall into the hands of people who are not a part of the Seven Swordsmen. The seals shall automatically activate and will seal back the swords into the scroll during the instances when the current holder of a Seven Swordsman sword:

Dies in battle;
Is removed from the group;
Is under probation (case-to-case basis);
Decides to trade the sword to someone outside the group;
More to come."

So it's the seal more than the scroll. The only thing that seems dumb is the last one. Does the seal read your mind and can tell when you're thinking about giving the sword away? Honestly that would not be a stretch considering the things Kiri claims.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 09:25:53 AM »

From the wiki

"The current Second Seat has placed seals on the swords to ensure that they will not fall into the hands of people who are not a part of the Seven Swordsmen. The seals shall automatically activate and will seal back the swords into the scroll during the instances when the current holder of a Seven Swordsman sword:

Dies in battle;
Is removed from the group;
Is under probation (case-to-case basis);
Decides to trade the sword to someone outside the group;
More to come."

So it's the seal more than the scroll. The only thing that seems dumb is the last one. Does the seal read your mind and can tell when you're thinking about giving the sword away? Honestly that would not be a stretch considering the things Kiri claims.

Thank you for finding that, I'm incompetent it seems. Anyways that is what I'm referring to.

To me it is complete BS. In order for it not to be then everything should be able to have a village only restriction which in turn would demolish a lot of stuff claimed. Due to these seals there is NO WAY for Kiri to ever lose these swords. What kind of shit is that? If a sword holder goes and hunts another ninja down and happens to use a sword in the battle, end up dying, the guy can't get the spoils (The sword)?

Like Bocc said can the seal mind read? (Oh well, this hand isn't the original owners, better go back to Kiri) Besides Samehada none are sentient at all.

Honestly if this is to be accepted. The kusanagi will be only held by Oto nin. Too tired to look for more examples to use.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 09:55:33 AM »

Gonna be kind of a moot point when we take the scroll that the swords warp back to, but yeah, it's dumb.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 10:01:29 AM »

Gonna be kind of a moot point when we take the scroll that the swords warp back to, but yeah, it's dumb.

Pretty sure since Gitsune has it. (Doesn't rp) That will never happen. So when I seal the Kusanagi I'll give the scroll to Alan. (Inactive Otogakure nin) Lolz.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:01:56 AM by Shadowxx »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 10:03:25 AM »

Pretty sure since Gitsune has it. (Doesn't rp) That will never happen. So when I seal the Kusanagi I'll give the scroll to Alan. (Inactive Otogakure nin) Lolz.

According to all the wiki sources the scroll is just sitting in Kiri.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 10:05:45 AM »

According to all the wiki sources the scroll is just sitting in Kiri.

At which point they can claim it to be with Xia's grandma who just happens to be on vacation in Demon country on the other continent. Honestly though, last I knew Gitsune was sitting on it like a mother hen.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 10:14:02 AM »

I dont know where you saw that.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 10:15:45 AM »

If I recall correctly I talked to Gitsune or someone who said that she was the one that held the scroll since she made it. Hahahaha. Actually I think it was good 'ole Dart himself.

EDIT: Once again I'm incompetent.

From the wikia; "The swords can be held in a summoning scroll, which is currently sealed away in the Seven Swordsmen Treasury."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:22:28 AM by Shadowxx »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »

Well, as Bocc put it, a seal was specifically put on it to make it difficult for Kiri to lose. You would have to break that seal before claiming it as an outsider, albeit, that would be difficult too considering how the seal has the ability to warp stuff off literally at the whim of the user.

A space-time barrier of some sort, or a anti-fuinjutsu barrier erected over the SSM member might would work too.

I say that if Kiri can do it with their swords, then Kumo could do it with their treasured tools, Suna their puppets/fans, etc. I guess the only question is, is that something that we really want to be more widespread?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 05:57:27 PM »

It would take some serious meta gaming to remove one of these seals by placing an anti-space time barrier or something >> If one were to legitimately, they'd basically have to win one twice. One to see that it disappears, and another to erect a barrier preventing this (Which most people don't have).

But I don't really want this to be widespread, it ruins the point of a claimed list. I'm fine with counter measures to theft being placed, but these are too much.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 06:47:22 PM »

It would take some serious meta gaming to remove one of these seals by placing an anti-space time barrier or something >> If one were to legitimately, they'd basically have to win one twice. One to see that it disappears, and another to erect a barrier preventing this (Which most people don't have).

But I don't really want this to be widespread, it ruins the point of a claimed list. I'm fine with counter measures to theft being placed, but these are too much.

Welcome to Kiri! :D

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 09:07:45 PM »

So since wide-scale village only claims would ruin a lot of claims. I vote to make Kiri;

• Have the seal/scroll removed altogether.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 09:08:45 PM by Shadowxx »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 09:49:23 PM »

Allow me to summarize Kiri's response to this topic for you. They aren't gonna care at all. Isa will post here and tell us they can do whatever they want.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 09:51:46 PM »

Allow me to summarize Kiri's response to this topic for you. They aren't gonna care at all. Isa will post here and tell us they can do whatever they want.

Bocci be a doll and after you kill every last one of them, blow the doors off the treasury and get the scroll. I'm sure you can mind read Dart or someone to figure out about them. That is, as a last case scenario.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 24 queries.