Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

Kiri op seals

Let 'em have it
Don't let 'em have it
Let them have it, though modify it

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: SSM Scroll  (Read 9714 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: SSM Scroll
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 10:02:04 PM »

Allow me to summarize Kiri's response to this topic for you. They aren't gonna care at all. Isa will post here and tell us they can do whatever they want.

Bocci be a doll and after you kill every last one of them, blow the doors off the treasury and get the scroll. I'm sure you can mind read Dart or someone to figure out about them. That is, as a last case scenario.

That was pretty much the plan.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 11:08:58 PM »

It would take some serious meta gaming to remove one of these seals by placing an anti-space time barrier or something >> If one were to legitimately, they'd basically have to win one twice. One to see that it disappears, and another to erect a barrier preventing this (Which most people don't have).

But I don't really want this to be widespread, it ruins the point of a claimed list. I'm fine with counter measures to theft being placed, but these are too much.

Lol, no, no it does not take extreme metagaming in order to do that. Minor metagaming would do.

Seals use chakra. A sharingan even could see the seal whilst fighting the SSM; throw in Byakugan, Rinnegan, and any other sensitive chakra sensory method and you can tell when there is a seal on there. Now, as for knowing what it does, you could claim to have known from a previous victim of the struggle who had the prize ripped away from them at the last moment.

If you really want to get trolly, point out that different seals have different signatures. Someone like Dark (expert particularly in space-time ninjutsu and technique formulas), with a byakugan, could decipher that some sort of space-time effect might happen, among some of the other things listed.

I mean, some minor metagaming is simply the norm nowadays, but it would not take that much metagaming to prepare for the possibilities. After all, if your foe attempts to use some sort of warping technique, that would give you reason to erect the barrier. Or ya know, just in case kind of thing.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 11:12:46 PM »

It seems pretty fair to me for a village to create a seal for items that belong to them. Especially when you consider that Hiraishin users have been doing this for years without any complaints at all.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 11:15:19 PM »

It seems pretty fair to me for a village to create a seal for items that belong to them. Especially when you consider that Hiraishin users have been doing this for years without any complaints at all.

What? No, we're talking about items here not jutsu or I'd claim edo to be Oto nin only also.

FTG is not just Konohagakure based. As Shinko and myself are outsiders and still have, also Bocci.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 11:46:52 PM »

Meh, it's still major metagaming unless you somehow through past experience or someone told you what the seal does. As for the trolly part about what noting the difference between different kinds of seals, well that quite frankly is a stretch. In Kiri would likely void and if it went to a judge, likely wouldn't be supported.

In response to kage, cause I don't feel like quoting. I'm fine with them having a seal to resummon the items, but to have it go into effect as soon as someone dies or something is a bit of a stretch. I'd rather see someone get reverse summoned to the item, so they can defend it or something.

Also lots of people contest hiraishin, it's just you won't convince Dark or Konoha to give up on those rules. I know of few people that if they caught a hiraishin user, they would attempt to take the jutsu and contest the failsafe as they believe it to be not fair/ridiculous.

Like I said, they have a right to try and prevent it from leaving, just don't be ridiculous.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 12:14:20 AM »

Meh, it's still major metagaming unless you somehow through past experience or someone told you what the seal does. As for the trolly part about what noting the difference between different kinds of seals, well that quite frankly is a stretch. In Kiri would likely void and if it went to a judge, likely wouldn't be supported.

In response to kage, cause I don't feel like quoting. I'm fine with them having a seal to resummon the items, but to have it go into effect as soon as someone dies or something is a bit of a stretch. I'd rather see someone get reverse summoned to the item, so they can defend it or something.

Also lots of people contest hiraishin, it's just you won't convince Dark or Konoha to give up on those rules. I know of few people that if they caught a hiraishin user, they would attempt to take the jutsu and contest the failsafe as they believe it to be not fair/ridiculous.

Like I said, they have a right to try and prevent it from leaving, just don't be ridiculous.

Jiraiya was able to analyze the seal binding the Nine-tails to Naruto (granted, it's sizeable once revealed) and notice Orochimaru's interference, so picking apart a seal is not exactly rocket science to begin with.

Granted, he was famaliar with Oro's, but he also knew how the 4th's seal worked one way or another without himself having put the seal on there. How he got that knowledge slips the mind, but I think the point is there.

Kiri can void that "stretch" all they want, but at the same time, we can play the voiding game all day and still get no further than where we started. Without there being a method to remove the seal, then frankly, I see no reason why they can guard their swords in such a manner, and would be willing to void the whole Mist contract thing to begin with.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 02:27:41 AM »

According to RP...

Kotetsu recalled all of the SSM swords into the scroll and it is in his house under Shima Umioso's care. No one rp'd getting it and there you have it.

People just didn't like having to deal with me in a sane manner and so voided reality and god modded the issue into the manner in which they wished it to be.

So...basically you do what you want with anything on SL. It's been adopted into our history in this manner. If you can get one person to agree to it, there you have it.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 07:16:42 AM »

First off the rules of FTG are just to keep everyone at SL from being able to self teach themselves the jutsu. Cause everyone would for the most part. Much like Edo. It is not that those outside of Konoha can not learn he jutsu but rather it is hard to get one who can teach it to do such. I thought Koji and he is a Kumo Shinobi so that prove it is not restricted to Konoha.

Second I laughed at this. Really I thought Kiri had more pride and grit to them than to do something like that. Why not just protect your stuff the good old way by fighting those who come to take it? This seems like a cheap way out to me. Next we will see people doing this to tailed beast or something lol.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 07:38:17 AM »

First off the rules of FTG are just to keep everyone at SL from being able to self teach themselves the jutsu. Cause everyone would for the most part. Much like Edo. It is not that those outside of Konoha can not learn he jutsu but rather it is hard to get one who can teach it to do such. I thought Koji and he is a Kumo Shinobi so that prove it is not restricted to Konoha.

Second I laughed at this. Really I thought Kiri had more pride and grit to them than to do something like that. Why not just protect your stuff the good old way by fighting those who come to take it? This seems like a cheap way out to me. Next we will see people doing this to tailed beast or something lol.

I'm pretty sure that's the intent. They don't want to have to ever actually worry about losing them.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 04:57:31 PM »

Meh, there is one particular rule of hiraishin some people don't like, a few of Dark's rules weren't applied to you Uetto since you can teach and such, etc. I was going to post them, but this is a SSM Scroll thread

OT: Pretty much, and I think like five of the swords are currently not in use and some haven't been for quite some time, pretty much taken from the game. According the their wiki page, only two are out and the players aren't that active. I'm fine with some safeguards, but it being brought back for

Dies in battle;
Is removed from the group;
Is under probation (case-to-case basis);
Decides to trade the sword to someone outside the group;

This is too much

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 11:37:50 PM »

Of those who voted, the majority wants them to modify what the seal/scroll does. In such a way that they can safeguard them, but not be totally BS about it. That being, people can steal them. I will send a mail to the current holders, Xia, and anyone else I may need to. Thereafter they will either come here and argue their points to keep it, not come here and fix it without an issue (lolz), or completely get rid of it. I think the first is probably the choice here.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2014, 02:54:17 AM »

Well for one, being the Mizukage means I have reign over the country, not the SSM group. They are a separate entity from the ranks and only follow orders when needed. If anything, Mioku is the best one to contact and get in touch with those on how they will modify and/or keep things as is(depending on what they will do actually). Plus, keeping myself out of SSM affairs prevents corruption from within.

Other then that, I have been looking over the actual Naruto Wiki to find out more on this. Give me a little time.

And what the hell is the name of that scroll as well?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 02:55:04 AM by Xiarawst »

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2014, 03:02:44 AM »

Well for one, being the Mizukage means I have reign over the country, not the SSM group. They are a separate entity from the ranks and only follow orders when needed. If anything, Mioku is the best one to contact and get in touch with those on how they will modify and/or keep things as is(depending on what they will do actually). Plus, keeping myself out of SSM affairs prevents corruption from within.

Other then that, I have been looking over the actual Naruto Wiki to find out more on this. Give me a little time.

It's literally called "Unnamed Scroll" it's on the claims list under the scrolls section.

The seal the stops the swords from being stolen is on the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist page though.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2014, 06:08:01 AM »

I understand the desire to keep the swords in Kiri...it's perfectly rational to me.

I really don't need to say this, but those who are chosen to wield the sword are, or should be, considered top tier; higher echelon warriors. If you wield those swords, you better back it up.

But the fact Kiri has put so much red tape and basically put each sword on a leash shows how much faith they have in their own ninja. Honestly, saying that's a "little too much" is an understatement.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:10:25 AM by Genesis »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2014, 06:32:53 AM »

The scroll on the actual naruto wiki doesn't have a page, only the SL one which Bocc gave the name too. If you go by the canon, the scroll cannot take swords in use. This is seen as all other swords came back, but Fuguki doesn't give his, cause Killer B has it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.