Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Kiri op seals

Let 'em have it
Don't let 'em have it
Let them have it, though modify it

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: SSM Scroll  (Read 9711 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: SSM Scroll
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2014, 06:46:05 AM »

As far as I know this seal was made up when I beat Isa for Samehada a long time ago. I know they made it up because I thought the seal was BS. So I asked Ranketsu to explain it to me and Rai (I was in Kumo at the time) asked Cmage about it and we got back together and, although we were asking each of them about the same seal, the descriptions we got were completely different.

It's not shocking to me that with such an origin this thing has gotten silly.

It's pretty much as Gennifer says. The Seven Swordsmen in the manga are beasts. Zabuza is still one of the coolest villains and Kisame is one of the strongest shinobi in the manga, period.

Which is why on SL they have bungee cords attached to their swords because it's been proven that they cannot hold onto them. They still wouldn't have Samehada if Tsuyo hadn't gotten bored of it and literally handed it to me. I know this because I had the sword for literal years and was told again and again that Kiri was totally about to come kill me and get it back, but not one single attempt to retrieve the blade was EVER made.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2014, 01:13:33 PM »

As far as I know this seal was made up when I beat Isa for Samehada a long time ago. I know they made it up because I thought the seal was BS. So I asked Ranketsu to explain it to me and Rai (I was in Kumo at the time) asked Cmage about it and we got back together and, although we were asking each of them about the same seal, the descriptions we got were completely different.

It's not shocking to me that with such an origin this thing has gotten silly.

It's pretty much as Gennifer says. The Seven Swordsmen in the manga are beasts. Zabuza is still one of the coolest villains and Kisame is one of the strongest shinobi in the manga, period.

Which is why on SL they have bungee cords attached to their swords because it's been proven that they cannot hold onto them. They still wouldn't have Samehada if Tsuyo hadn't gotten bored of it and literally handed it to me. I know this because I had the sword for literal years and was told again and again that Kiri was totally about to come kill me and get it back, but not one single attempt to retrieve the blade was EVER made.

Be that as it may, that doesn't make the swords more available to worthy shinobi. I don't think Kiri cares as much about others opinions of their strengths, just judging from what I know about how the flying thunder god scroll is handled with its "prevents mind reading" clause.

They are more concerned about keeping the swords than their reputation, and the swords have likely been mostly inactive because this issue would have been brought up shortly after one of the sword wielder would be defeated (it would be bound to happen at some point).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 01:50:16 PM »

Regardless of what Kiri thinks the majority of the votes are to void it or have them modify it. Those who cared enough to vote did vote. Of 17, 13 are for the two options stated and the majority are for them to modify it. So to get back on track and keep from bashing Kiri, state what you think it should be modified to.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 03:23:31 PM »

The wielded of the sword can Reverse summon it or something to the scroll if they are to be defeated.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 06:32:38 PM »

The wielded of the sword can Reverse summon it or something to the scroll if they are to be defeated.

and it requires a hand sign.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 10:07:53 PM »

No, the second most popular option is to void it altogether. Kiri in my opinion ''should'' not be allowed to get it back to the scroll if the wielder is defeated in battle. We need to make it where the swords are to made obtainable without a full scale attack on the village itself to get the scroll which seals the swords.

That being said;

\If they are in a battle and lose, the sword goes to the victor. (IC-Death match)
\The scroll can seal all swords not in use, obviously.
\The wielder can de-summon the sword back into the scroll when NOT IN battle and summon it. (?)
\If a wielder is to be removed from the group under circumstances such as going rouge or otherwise ill intent towards the village, the sword can be summoned back to the scroll. Has to be done IC by someone in the village. PUBLICLY. [Zone or Kiri, anywhere really] (?)
\Trading the sword is to be permitted. [There is no way IC to know that.] Trades have to be IC.

These all are to counter the knowing without really knowing thing that the scroll had been doing.

If a wielder leaves the village and trades it IC there's nothing Kiri can do about it. If the wielder leaves Kiri and the village knows about it and BEFORE the trade happens they can summon it back.

Basically Kiri cannot do anything unless it is known IC and the swords cannot be traded/given/stolen unless IC.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2014, 01:39:17 PM »

No, the second most popular option is to void it altogether. Kiri in my opinion ''should'' not be allowed to get it back to the scroll if the wielder is defeated in battle. We need to make it where the swords are to made obtainable without a full scale attack on the village itself to get the scroll which seals the swords.

That being said;

\If they are in a battle and lose, the sword goes to the victor. (IC-Death match)
\The scroll can seal all swords not in use, obviously.
\The wielder can de-summon the sword back into the scroll when NOT IN battle and summon it. (?)
\If a wielder is to be removed from the group under circumstances such as going rouge or otherwise ill intent towards the village, the sword can be summoned back to the scroll. Has to be done IC by someone in the village. PUBLICLY. [Zone or Kiri, anywhere really] (?)
\Trading the sword is to be permitted. [There is no way IC to know that.] Trades have to be IC.

These all are to counter the knowing without really knowing thing that the scroll had been doing.

If a wielder leaves the village and trades it IC there's nothing Kiri can do about it. If the wielder leaves Kiri and the village knows about it and BEFORE the trade happens they can summon it back.

Basically Kiri cannot do anything unless it is known IC and the swords cannot be traded/given/stolen unless IC.

1) Okay

2)Alright

3) What if they do it the second a potential fighter enters their area? Seem plausible since the battle hasn't "started" yet.

4)Now this is a tricky one. We can presume that they have to have knowledge of the defection? Honestly, I would prefer them not to be able to return the sword under these circumstances either, especially since:

5) There are ways to know that a sword has been traded IC; I mean, other than being there, I guess your options are limited, but it would not take long to find out that the sword is in someone else's hands, and that they either received it via trade or as spoils. I don't think Kiri would take the effort to distinguish (I know Konoha wouldn't) and would begin planning retrieval.

All in all, as far as I am concerned, the scroll should be mostly a "return to base" option that can be used for storage of the swords. In other words, the scroll might can be a contract that allows the user to summon the scroll when needed/desired in battle, but not allow it to just be returned purely on a whim unless hand seals (requiring both hands) are involved.

That's my proposal, which to an extent agrees with much of your points, though it leaves out the need for IC trading and such.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2014, 04:38:19 PM »

I am a supporter of the modify it option, in all honesty.

You are all blowing this seal out to be much more than it is, and in doing so, you are trying to further bash Kirigakure.

I would like to point out that, until Xiarawst, nobody from our end had posted; and you all are jumping on a decision and biting at the bit. Understandable from your end. Thought it would be a good idea to take advantage of my leave for immersion in Greece and to take advantage of people who you know either refuse to come on the forum, do not come on the forum for various reasons, or do come to the forum but do not post. You are a bunch of vipers and vagabonds, and are the vapid and vacuous of SL.

Due to the swords not even being passed around to all of the SSM, the seal hasn't even been in use since Kotetsu was around; meaning it hasn't really been in effective use since I returned to SL.

Theoretically, you could steal the scroll containing the swords.  It would be metagaming to simply find it, but there are ways to go about it. My understanding is that it is in the treasury of the SSM; only maybe a couple of people even know where it is. I do not know where it is.

As the seal stands, I think it needs some polishing and modifying, but since the question of it hasn't even come up until now to y'all, much less to us, we haven't had the need to go back and polish it.

What you are all fighting about is something that does exist, but hasn't been looked at seriously in a very long time. Give us a few days, and we'll get you a better polished description of the seal; it is unnamed in the manga, but perhaps we'll even name it for you, for I know manipulative and childish little miscreants such as yourselves all appreciate pretty things at which to look, after all. 
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.

Mioku

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2014, 05:47:48 PM »

Oh goodie. My turn. *Ahem* *Water sip* First things first.. This is not the tale of Old man Mioku telling the kids to get off his lawn while he hoards a treasure chest of candy he's actually allergic to or something. I mean first of all.. I find this whole thing insulting as I see talk about how Kiri is this and that or how we're impossible to negotiate with when.. I was never even approached about this to negotiate until the topic was even made. What? And maybe things have really changed, but shouldn't the forum be the last place to go unless it's really going nowhere? Something as trivial as this should be brought up with the people involved in it first and have it be discussed. A message linking me to the wiki and saying "Hey I think this seal is a little ridiculous and this is why.. Thoughts?" Would have came a looooong way, and I could have responded and this topic wouldn't even exist. I mean pretty much anyone can tell you that I'm not an unreasonable person. I'm usually the one trying to please both sides even when both are being completely and utterly insane since well.. It's just RP. Most things can and should (KeyWord) be resolved with basically being respectful since honestly, what is being anything else going to do other than annoy the other person and make them want to be spiteful? And right now, to me considering all the crap going on in the Kiri RP bringing this up here without anyone talking to me is basically a media stunt to be like.. "Hey look how wrong they are compared to us and we're the victims!" Even if that's not the intention.

I know I'm pretty off topic but this just struck a personal chord with me and I want to clear things up.

I am not trying to keep some tyrannical hold on the swords so they don't ever ever ever leave Kiri and I always have control of them. I would like them to stay within Kirigakure to use them to help and promote activity and make people want to join the SSM just as Oto does with Ototon. Everyone seems to agree that that's not the problem. It's the seal. A seal which isn't actually affecting anyone right now but helping me keep tabs until everything was settled, since things involving the SSM were chaotic ever since I first stepped down, and because everything dealing with the swords had only led to arguments with no progress ever getting made.

Otherwise I agree with Isa on what he said about the seal since it's never been used and was bound to be changed anyway.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2014, 06:29:02 PM »

Well no one here has a good opinion of Kiri right now as 3/4 of the people seemed to be making the rp there go as badly as possible.

All we've done here is discuss it and what possible changes could be made. Update it and let us know what you guys think of and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Also, Isa's thesaurus is really paying for itself at this point.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2014, 07:56:26 PM »

You guys and you're pot shots are all pretty.....meh. Just get along and stop being mean. This ranges from Bocc and his thesaurus joke, to Isa and his higher vocabulary insults (which are still insults, and I suggest you and other people in this thread stop). You guys are so ridiculous, this is a game! Everyone has differences, but just stop being mean, it's really easy I promise  :)

OT: Kiri agreed to nerf the seals, so I guess either wait until someone posts the revision, or lock this thread.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:31:15 PM by Trev »
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2014, 11:23:37 PM »

As Trev said if you guys continue to bash each other, I will lock this thread no problem. I don't wish this to turn into a grudge match of who can be the best at passive aggressive or otherwise 'hidden' insults. So if you could not post anymore of that kind of stuff that'd be great.

As requested Mioku DID post on here and I thank him for that, Isa I didn't ask as I thought he was still on vacation, but I'm glad he came.

I 'scanned' both of your posts. Minus all the defending and hidden shots there was really nothing to signify any ideas on HOW we can help your side. I posted my opinion and things the scroll does that I thought were pretty easy to grasp.

So NO MORE INSULTS or bad mouthing. Stop it.

Kiri nin; I'd like you guys to take a few days and 'forumla' a new seal layout and then please one of you post it.

Everyone else; Sprout ideas that they can maybe use.

At this point we're modifying a scroll not attacking each other. If it doesn't pertain to the SSM, don't post.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2014, 07:50:11 AM »

I have one question to bring up, why now? Why was this bought up now, when the claims on those seals were made months ago?

I can have my say in this topic since I was formerly the leader of the SSM. *coughs* Enishi*coughs*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 08:34:33 AM by Camel »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2014, 07:54:54 AM »

I have one question to bring up, why now? Why was this bought up now, when the claims on those seals were made months ago?

I can have my say in this topic since I was formerly the leader of the SSM. *coughs* Enishi

Cuz Shadow just noticed it now I guess?

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2014, 08:09:01 AM »

I can have my say in this topic since I was formerly the leader of the SSM. *coughs* Enishi

Cuz the Akatsuki thought they could take advantage of my absence and start harassing people who cannot/will not defend themselves? 
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.