Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Would you like to see this added?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A notice in our mailbox because a lot are too lazy to read a bio.  (Read 4981 times)

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A notice in our mailbox because a lot are too lazy to read a bio.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 12:24:01 AM »

One thing against it:

I would have to make the mod-message much more obvious, as anybody could now copy the message and put it as bio... hence impersonating a mod.

That's a bad thing.

I was waiting for someone to bring that up.

My solution; Have it be dp bought and just like the avatar system a mod has to verify it. I don't think that's too much of a workload for them.

Or you can just add a little note to all the mod profiles. [Staff] Under it or next to it or somewhere.

People seem to like this idea.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Uchiha Sasuke

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • "Let this thunder, herald your end."'
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 04:23:36 AM »

If they don't read your bio, why do you think they'd read/care about what your disclaimer says? They're obviously just trying for DP.

Also, I wouldn't call it lazy. Lazy indicates they have to do that as a prerequisite to messaging you. They have the ability to message without going through your profile.

/EndDevil'sAdvocate

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 03:36:39 PM »

One thing against it:

I would have to make the mod-message much more obvious, as anybody could now copy the message and put it as bio... hence impersonating a mod.

That's a bad thing.

I was waiting for someone to bring that up.

My solution; Have it be dp bought and just like the avatar system a mod has to verify it. I don't think that's too much of a workload for them.

Or you can just add a little note to all the mod profiles. [Staff] Under it or next to it or somewhere.

People seem to like this idea.

If they don't read your bio, why do you think they'd read/care about what your disclaimer says? They're obviously just trying for DP.

Also, I wouldn't call it lazy. Lazy indicates they have to do that as a prerequisite to messaging you. They have the ability to message without going through your profile.

/EndDevil'sAdvocate

Again... that means reading profiles.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.