Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Darkshinobi as GM/Judge

Yes
No
Have my babies (Yes)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Community voted judges/GM's Session One: Case One  (Read 7827 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Community voted judges/GM's Session One: Case One
« on: July 17, 2014, 04:23:15 AM »

So if we're really going with this community decided thing...here's the first part of that. These GM's will not have in-game powers, but will more or less be Judges unless Neji does decide to get involved and give them such powers.

For case one.... I'd like to vote Darkshinobi in as a judge/GM. While he has been missing from the rp scene at times (we all have) he has always came back and as of lately, active. Every day and he  does interact in rp and comments on these topics. He has shown considerable knowledge of the rp mechanics and to my belief is one of the best at analytics. (I love using that word it seems).

I could keep going on and on like it's a recommendation letter, but just my voice alone won't set it in stone. So...this topic is to induct Darkshinobi as a judge/GM. Not by the staff or Neji. If you need a judge this person will come to be that judge in an unbiased and fair manner taking no sides. Comments, thoughts, anything?

I'll open a poll like always cause I think they're fun. xD
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Community voted judges/GM's Session One: Case One
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 04:52:11 AM »

Notes that I am sure if you ask Dark to be a judge he will be. Just to point that out and he is a rather good one at that.

I also would like to start judging so stuff as well. My record for such things is pretty good. Never had any complaints. I don't feel much like rping these days so it would be something I'd be interested in.

As to the topic yeah Dark is a good judge. Although, I wouldn't call him a GM unless made so by the staff.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 06:41:22 AM »

I think it is a good idea to ask our peers to look at things and give their opinions. When WE fail to handle our disputes ourselves.

HOWEVER....if you do ask someone to come help you, please be nice if they do not give the answer you want. I tell you what....IF people start getting nasty with Dark for not handing down the judgement they wish and they make him quit here I am handing out head thumpings to every one involved.

The players involved pick and agree on a judge to handle a dispute. If someone doesn't agree with the decision made after then they're shit out of luck. They agreed on the judge. No redos.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 06:47:24 AM »

I think it is a good idea to ask our peers to look at things and give their opinions. When WE fail to handle our disputes ourselves.

HOWEVER....if you do ask someone to come help you, please be nice if they do not give the answer you want. I tell you what....IF people start getting nasty with Dark for not handing down the judgement they wish and they make him quit here I am handing out head thumpings to every one involved.

The players involved pick and agree on a judge to handle a dispute. If someone doesn't agree with the decision made after then they're shit out of luck. They agreed on the judge. No redos.

That's pretty much the way it should be.

Also it is smart to always publicly post the conditions to your fight people. That way later there isn't an argument about what was agreed upon. Just throwing that out there.... pretty much why I always make an OOC post before things letting all know what is happening.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 07:01:31 AM »

Well it's not the way it is though. Look at Kiri. 3 separate judges were called in for the very same issue. I personally was smeared as being biased and name called because I didn't side with that person.

A different time a ruling was handed out through arbitration. I had each person make concessions to the other and they were in agreement, then one party decided to just negate that.

I do agree that pre-game conditions are a good thing. That seems to work well. When who you are rping with is reasonable.

After all of that we removed Bocc and Dart from the rp. They were the main issue. Now gone. Isa and I are leading the teams in terms of not arguing, which I am against arguing anymore on all fronts. I'll debate, but that's it.

The judges worked, but there were just too many issues being complained about for anyone to deal with.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 07:04:26 AM »

Yeah in multi person fights it causes an issue.

I talked with Kay and Warren with Shadowfire about his one post and we got a decision, then it was Dart's post next and he wanted to argue about something that was part of the decision.

So what then? Do I need to get another judge to make a decision on the decision for each person I am fighting against in a village rp?

Good to know I was part of the problem by being the target of Dart's flaming though.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 07:06:47 AM »

Yeah in multi person fights it causes an issue.

I talked with Kay and Warren with Shadowfire about his one post and we got a decision, then it was Dart's post next and he wanted to argue about something that was part of the decision.

So what then? Do I need to get another judge to make a decision on the decision for each person I am fighting against in a village rp?

Good to know I was part of the problem by being the target of Dart's flaming though.

I don't have an answer for when people like Dart show up. Maybe someone else does. However there's not many on SL who act like Dart either.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 07:14:31 AM »

Well it's not the way it is though. Look at Kiri. 3 separate judges were called in for the very same issue. I personally was smeared as being biased and name called because I didn't side with that person.

A different time a ruling was handed out through arbitration. I had each person make concessions to the other and they were in agreement, then one party decided to just negate that.

I do agree that pre-game conditions are a good thing. That seems to work well. When who you are rping with is reasonable.

That's because people these days are little whinny asses. Really it seems the older we grow (considering how long we all have been here) the more immature the mass number becomes.

It's a game people... you loss time to time. Deal with it. Failing is apart of life it forces you to grow and correct yourself. You become stronger by failing more than succeeding.

Of course, there are those who will still pout when things don't go their way. That is why the majority of use need to just show tough love and be like, "Look the judge said this. You agreed to this judge. This is how it will be. Or we can just ignore you as a mass effect on the site rp wish sense you fail to want to play nice and reasonable."

You know if people start getting along again you may just find that fighting and all that jazz is pretty fun. Hell I'll take Bocc and me for example. We can duke it out in character and talk OOC like best buds simultaneously.  Why? Because we respect each other I think.

Same as when I fought Kamui or many of the others I have faced. Calmly talk things out and usually you will find that your opponent will play give and take with you. Look I understand I hit you here and it would do this but you did do this to me and it would do this so instead of fighting like cats and dogs lets just compromise on us both taking some minor damage and move along. That kinda stuff works to many of your surprises (I suspect). IF you play nice things tend to go smoothly if you try to be a punk and rage and all you will usually just piss your opponent off and then they will not want to compromise at all.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 07:17:37 AM »

For the most part that's avast majority that can rp with each other and everything is fine then there's also the opposite. Which is usually around bijuu fights or death matches.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 07:18:34 AM »

I noticed that, I just like to fully explain the situation so people understand what we are dealing with.

The (one particular) issue with Dart was that he has 1 reset for Uchiha in game. That is all. He wants to rp with, reset wise:

4/4 Uchiha
4/4 Boil
4/4 Lava

I said I could give him Boil for free, 1 in Uchiha for the implant, and then 1 in Yoton from his actual reset, Dart said no he wants all of them he doesn't need any resets.

So we got Kay as a judge and we met in the midde so dart was rping with:

4/4 Boil
2/4 Uchiha
2/4 Yoton

Literally the very next day after that decision Dart pm's me saying "I am borrowing resets from Xia's alt now and will be using all 12 resets."

Like Shadow said not everyone is like Dart but some people are just going to up and ignore a judge. It's not the first time it has happened.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 07:22:27 AM »

In which case I want to know what to do. Do we void the troll or what?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 07:23:37 AM »

I noticed that, I just like to fully explain the situation so people understand what we are dealing with.

The (one particular) issue with Dart was that he has 1 reset for Uchiha in game. That is all. He wants to rp with, reset wise:

4/4 Uchiha
4/4 Boil
4/4 Lava

I said I could give him Boil for free, 1 in Uchiha for the implant, and then 1 in Yoton from his actual reset, Dart said no he wants all of them he doesn't need any resets.

4/4 Boil
2/4 Uchiha
2/4 Yoton

Literally the very next day after that decision Dart pm's me saying "I am borrowing resets from Xia's alt now and will be using all 12 resets."

Like Shadow said not everyone is like Dart but some people are just going to up and ignore a judge. It's not the first time it has happened.

That's when as a community we need to stand up and say "Hey, Buddy. No you are not." I'm not trying to trash Dart in anyway I'm just using this as an example. Nothing more nothing less.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 07:26:35 AM »

4/4 Uchiha
4/4 Boil
4/4 Lava

4/4 Boil
2/4 Uchiha
2/4 Yoton

That's when as a community we need to stand up and say "Hey, Buddy. No you are not." I'm not trying to trash Dart in anyway I'm just using this as an example. Nothing more nothing less.

That is essentially what I did. I had just argued the whole thing out with Dart and just told him if he was going to straight up ignore a judge decision he will lose the 8 tails. So then he changed his bio into saying he was going with Kay's decision for the Kiri fight.

Rinoa

• View Profile
    • >.> You stalker. >.O
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 07:31:18 AM »

Back on topic guys.

Darkshinobi has been elected for Roleplay Judge/Mediator.

Continue.
~~ The Epic Moments on AIM ~~
Me: You're the bigger one. You should be making me less bored.
Shikki: Just because I'm big doesn't mean I have to entertain you. ... Wait. That sounded wrong.
--
>> Gotta love little big sis and big lil' bro moments.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 07:32:59 AM »

Back on topic guys.

Darkshinobi has been elected for Roleplay Judge/Mediator.

Continue.

Hey, hey. MY topic. D:

I don't mind this being talked about here. >>

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 23 queries.