Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Poll

Yes? No? Meh? Maybe? Cheese?

Yes
No
Meh
If it has interest Yes
Cheese(Yes)

Author Topic: Sl fanfiction redo?  (Read 2014 times)

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
Sl fanfiction redo?
« on: July 10, 2014, 12:03:15 PM »

Why don't we as players of Sl create a new sl fanfiction to increase the amount of players of Sl.
But unlike the old one we start with events that happened recently or in 2013 which a good amount of players can remember.
Also it shouldn't be one person going around getting the info and writing the story otherwise it's going to either be good or suck.
So I suggests teams should be formed that will work together to create the story.
Working together we can create a great fanfiction that will perhaps draw new players to SL that will increase the fun in the game.

With the increase of new players we can use them to improve the fanfiction so that it won't run out of writing material.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sl fanfiction redo?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 01:58:28 PM »

Why don't we as players of Sl create a new sl fanfiction to increase the amount of players of Sl.
But unlike the old one we start with events that happened recently or in 2013 which a good amount of players can remember.
Also it shouldn't be one person going around getting the info and writing the story otherwise it's going to either be good or suck.
So I suggests teams should be formed that will work together to create the story.
Working together we can create a great fanfiction that will perhaps draw new players to SL that will increase the fun in the game.

With the increase of new players we can use them to improve the fanfiction so that it won't run out of writing material.

I certainly agree that it would be far easier if there is more than one person writing it. Steam quickly gets lost when things pile up.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 03:58:44 PM »

That's what made you stop right Eric?

Also I thought we should have the kages of the villages or leaders of organizations be part of the writing teams because then they have real paperwork to do.
Then he or she can also have high subordinates to some of it.

Then there is more merit in doing paperwork.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 05:26:34 PM »

That's what made you stop right Eric?

Also I thought we should have the kages of the villages or leaders of organizations be part of the writing teams because then they have real paperwork to do.
Then he or she can also have high subordinates to some of it.

Then there is more merit in doing paperwork.

I stopped due to a reduction in interest, RL, lack of material for plot (since I didn't want to completely make stuff up) and just plain loss of momentum, as I had been the only one actually writing anything on it. It was a combination of things, but yes, losing steam was a big part of it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 09:10:28 AM »

I saw someone comment on SL to the posting of this topic link that only certain people would be showcased in the fan fic and the 'smaller players' would not be mentioned at all. Whoever determines that...popularity or circle of friends of the writer I suppose.

What if...

We had a section here on the forum for Fan fic? Then anyone could showcase their own character in a thread and progress their storyline or history or have small adventures.

Other threads could then be created for multi-character stories the owners of said characters would collaborate upon to create.

I know the library in Konoha is kind of like that but it costs DP and is very limited in different aspects compared to here.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 03:04:57 PM »

I saw someone comment on SL to the posting of this topic link that only certain people would be showcased in the fan fic and the 'smaller players' would not be mentioned at all. Whoever determines that...popularity or circle of friends of the writer I suppose.

What if...

We had a section here on the forum for Fan fic? Then anyone could showcase their own character in a thread and progress their storyline or history or have small adventures.

Other threads could then be created for multi-character stories the owners of said characters would collaborate upon to create.

I know the library in Konoha is kind of like that but it costs DP and is very limited in different aspects compared to here.

There would have to multiple writers anyways if we were to consider the original concept.

However, a section to just post fanfiction, I can see that in the village board. I mean, I don't see why not. Certainly beats going offsite altogether.

*I meant the roleplay section, not the village board itself.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:12:10 PM by Eric »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 06:31:54 AM »

I had hoped the Village Square would be a place for RP things, as its header indicates. I started a mission headquarters there a while back where people could come to get rp ideas. However it seems to have turned into a place to whine and cry out against Little Joe and the rest of the Cartwrights.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 05:32:47 PM »

I had hoped the Village Square would be a place for RP things, as its header indicates. I started a mission headquarters there a while back where people could come to get rp ideas. However it seems to have turned into a place to whine and cry out against Little Joe and the rest of the Cartwrights.

Not like anyone tried to stop the madness.  8)

So maybe start a new section other than village square? I mean, for the RP type that we're talking, I think it would need a little more organization than what the village square has.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 03:41:36 AM »

while it may seem like no one tried to stop the madness, nothing is further from the truth.

All the organization it would need is  for only the authors to post to the thread they are writing and everyone else stay out of it unless by invitation. Only fan fic pieces.

It might double for RP in general or those training posts I was talking about in the request section too.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 03:44:44 AM »

Why would you wanna write a Fan Art about SL when you can just rp at SL? Just makes no sense to me is all.

Page created in 1.064 seconds with 20 queries.