Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Bijuu Rules Question  (Read 19689 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Bijuu Rules Question
« on: August 18, 2014, 09:39:46 PM »

Ok, after the HonoxSabu debacle I just feel the need to ask this. Does anyone else think we need to change the rules some more? I feel as though the new system fails like 75% of the time and people just end up doing an old bijuu challenge anyway, and that means something is not right.

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Rules Question
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 09:46:40 PM »

We could get rid of the biju altogether and solve it once and for all.

But that is too radical. Let's instead come up with some more rules that will indefinitely have interpretation issues and loop us right back to where we started.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hono Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 09:49:47 PM »

What Eric said.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 09:56:29 PM »

There are always going to be loopholes and exploits in any set of rules unless they are rigid to an extreme, which usually causes more harm than good.

The key is to use common sense in combination with the rules to avoid any blatant abuse.

Kageri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 10:28:37 PM »

There are always going to be loopholes and exploits in any set of rules unless they are rigid to an extreme, which usually causes more harm than good.

The key is to use common sense in combination with the rules to avoid any blatant abuse.

What's common sense and how much does it cost?

Seriously, though, as soon as power or loss of power is involved everybody misplaces any common sense they may have had before. And since, as Eric said, nobody is willing to just get rid of the tailed beasts there should be at least basic rules on how fights over them should be handled.

Especially when it comes to voiding.

I hate voiding.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 11:28:40 PM »

Well I don't remember like 3/4 of the old bijuu fights being voided instead of finishing. With the new system we had.

Me and Trev: Worked
Sabu and Hono: Failed
Night Sabu and Shinko: Failed
Hazama and Warren: Failed
Akatsuki and Kiri: ...Well it certainly isn't a success.

I dont think anyone can accuse me of nostalgia here, I had very awful fights with the old rules. However it was much simpler. You fought your opponent till one of you lost, usually by judges decision, or someone gave up.

Now obviously that wasn't perfect either or we wouldn't have had these new rules made, but I also think these new rules don't seem to be working either.

I just think there is some kind of happy medium between the old rules and the new ones that would make it work out better.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 11:32:00 PM »

Awww, me and Bocc made it work  ;)

Anyway, I never thought I'd say this, but go back to the old challenge rule. It was much easier. Plus I hardly see anyone hosts posts outside their village ( a few, not many).

Go back to the old rules, and make a rule to have fights in public, eliminate the need for the he said/she said and screenshots.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 11:45:21 PM »

Anyway, I never thought I'd say this, but go back to the old challenge rule. It was much easier. Plus I hardly see anyone hosts posts outside their village ( a few, not many).

Go back to the old rules, and make a rule to have fights in public, eliminate the need for the he said/she said and screenshots.

I'm not against that idea to be honest. I just assume most other people would be.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 11:55:56 PM »

As much as I would like to disagree...

Well I don't remember like 3/4 of the old bijuu fights being voided instead of finishing. With the new system we had.

Me and Trev: Worked
Sabu and Hono: Failed
Night Sabu and Shinko: Failed
Hazama and Warren: Failed
Akatsuki and Kiri: ...Well it certainly isn't a success.

I dont think anyone can accuse me of nostalgia here, I had very awful fights with the old rules. However it was much simpler. You fought your opponent till one of you lost, usually by judges decision, or someone gave up.

Now obviously that wasn't perfect either or we wouldn't have had these new rules made, but I also think these new rules don't seem to be working either.

I just think there is some kind of happy medium between the old rules and the new ones that would make it work out better.

Bocc makes a point. They were frustrating, they were irritating, but at the end of the day, they didn't have near the same issues as they do now as far as RP is concerned.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 01:10:58 AM »

I'd also have to say that the old way was better. With that being sad I'd like to add in if people wanted to track down host to make it more fun and an actual rp event then they can still do so. No rule should say that you can't.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 01:14:33 AM »

I can't think of any changes off the top of my head except that, if a host or challenger has/have general set of rules they like to propose, that they may make a forum post and get omeone to sticky it or something. If they are in the hunt long enough for that anyways.

The only thing else I thought of after reading about Grace Period, is if we're still going with "conference of a suitable host" thing. Cause if so, is there a set group to determine the next host for a set beast, or is it free for all based on whoever cares?

And I say that if they do want to track down the host still via RP in order to circumvent a long challenger list (otherwise, why else would you go through the trouble...) that general RP rules apply, rather than a special set of rules.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 02:18:56 AM »

Old rules are sounding pretty good to me right about now.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 04:51:26 AM »

It really shouldn't be an issue since you should just make the challenge IC. But yeah I always used the 3 month rule.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 05:14:22 AM »

It really shouldn't be an issue since you should just make the challenge IC...

Now hold on, these challenges are supposed to be entirely OOC, including the actually challenging part. If RP is at all included in this, then issues of the recent sort are almost bound to arrive.

And persistence aside, I think the limitation should be not that you can challenge only twice in a 3 month period, but 4 times total in a year as long as the host does not change.

If that does not keep people from challenging back to back to back the same host for the same beast, then they have four times to go through it. For the year.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 05:47:14 AM »

Well, where are the hosts going to post the lists? In their SL profile, on here? We all know how some people are about using the forum, as if it contains a trojan and a virus.  :(

A list of known hosts should probably be on here anyways, and the hosts be responsible for noting changes in hands. Of course, having others double check is good, but just sayin'.

The challengers list being inherited, while I'm personally opposed, does make sense, and can't argue against because, as you said, if the beast constantly changes hands, then some folks just wouldn't get a shot, since persistent folks will re-challenge since their 4 times a year only applies to the host and not the beast.

Run-on for the win. ^_^  In short, I agree for a list of some sort to be inherited.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.