Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Bijuu Rules Question  (Read 19564 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Rules Question
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 05:31:03 AM »

I still vote that we do not tip the minefield and even allow an IC route. Why, for the love of goodness, would you want to go the IC route? It is more difficult, requires RP that has to be validated, and could open up yet another opportunity for a large RP to sink like a torpedoed ship.

Per biju regarding challenges I see no issue with, and am all for the proposed OOC. I just am really against the RP option right now.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 05:38:10 AM »

What if we left it up to the host to pick IC or OOC? Would that be too problematic?
We already seem to be planning to let them pick if their challenge fights are IC/OOC

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 05:40:48 AM »

I still deny the Jinchuriki can't fight other Jinchuriki rule. I fought who I want!

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 08:41:43 AM »

Thank you for those who support my idea. I'm honestly astonished that it would get any.

@Bocchiere: Yea, we know. However, to promote fairness to the rest of the SLverse, it allows for others to grab a bijū for himself/herself. It's really only fair for one (1) player to have one (1) bijū despite the amount of accounts they use.

@Eric: Well, the IC option is available to allows for those who love to play out stories and roleplay. Most, it seems, want that quick time fix of gratification rather than the more enjoyed satisfaction of actually achieving a goal.

@Sabu and Eric: Also, as I proposed, the way the path is taken is purely up to both parties involved. If they want an OCC battle, then that's how it'll be with the (proposed) rules applied. If IC, same deal.

Ahh, for sensors, I have a few more ideas on them but we can hash that out after we amend the current rules. One step at a time will lend more progress than rapidly firing away at different topics.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 12:51:36 PM »

Nothing more for me to say really, Dart already said about the same thing as I suggested.

Leave it to people to decide which they want to do, unless there's so much trouble otherwise that OOC is the only option.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 04:51:01 AM »

... @Eric: Well, the IC option is available to allows for those who love to play out stories and roleplay. Most, it seems, want that quick time fix of gratification rather than the more enjoyed satisfaction of actually achieving a goal.

@Sabu and Eric: Also, as I proposed, the way the path is taken is purely up to both parties involved. If they want an OCC battle, then that's how it'll be with the (proposed) rules applied. If IC, same deal...

Are you implying that an OOC fight gives less satisfaction than an IC fight with RP involved? I may be embittered by recent events, but going through the RP just to have someone ninja you via challenge is a waste of time and effort. I would rather just fight the sucker in a 1v1 match, throw my dice, and continue moving on with more relaxing RP at the same time. But that's just me.

The only issue I guess I can put forth that is not a "I don't want to see another RP crapstorm cause someone wanted to do the RP route" is that we put stipulations that prevent the aforementioned conflict of an on-going RP being pointless because a host loses a challenge.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2014, 07:07:17 AM »

Woo. I'm here. I skimmed the 4 pages of responses, but did read in full Dart's post.

I agree with •Make all challenges, whether IC or OCC, 1v1 only. This I highly agree with. Do you know how long a battle with anymore than 2 people takes? A long ass time. 1v1 easier for everyone.

I don't agree with •Instead of having only four (4) challenges per year per host, I suggest having it be only four (4) challenges per year per bijū.

Mainly because this screws out any other person who may want a shot at it. Say the four people already went through and those took place in June. Then what? The host gets the rest 11 months off? The point of a bijuu is to battle, show power, ect. If you don't want to deal with challenges don't get a bijuu. If this is to be implemented who decides who fills the 4 slots? If the host gets to pick then they will pick all 4 weakest people.

As for •I do like the one (1) week activity per fight but I believe earlier in the year it was discussed allowing a month of time in case of something drastic occurring? But only allowed to use that month clause ONCE a full year.

I came up with the month off due to real life circumstances. 1 month per year. This was actually in the case of Xia who seemed to be quite busy.

Obviously agreeing with •OCC vs. IC to be determined by participating challenger and jinchūriki. Those are the only two who have say in the fight, ever. No outside bystanders decide that ever.

•Pre-determined judge to be present should issues arise. <- This I have delved into a lot. Taking multiple forms from judges to Gm's and so forth. I agree with it. However some things need to be taken care of for it to work.

Only those who are known to be unbiased. Darkshinobi is my go to for anything that needs to be judged. He's not afraid to shut the door on his own friends if it's to be fair. He also knows his shit.

Judge(s) are picked by the challenger and the host. No one else.

•Current jinchūriki cannot challenge for another bijū.
This doesn't make sense to me. I am doing this right now in the Kiri fight. I took the 2 tails and am now going for another one. You take a bijuu from the easiest opponent and then you can challenge another host to 'upgrade'. So if you're someone like Dart who claims lava release and such then the Yonbi would be a perfect match. However you only have the nibi so then you challenge to get the yonbi? That would make sense to do such.

•NO voiding! Have to finish the fight until a decisive end is met.
->Only voiding may be issued by judge's decision.

If the host and the challenger want to void it then they can. The judge has no say in it if both the parties agree on it. However one party cannot void the fight.

The OOC and IC things I agree with however that's still up to the participants. If it's IC yet they want the host to live after the beast is extracted then why can't they?

The main issues with bijuu fights are the debating and how to challenge. I'm going with the side that the host has most say.

Character | Tailed Beast | IC or OCC | Judge picked | Additional information | Rules |

Shadow | Nibi (Two tails) | To be decided by Shadow and the challenger | Darkshinobi | Anyone can challenge OOC anytime however Shadow can pick weather or not to accept the fight. To IC challenge him for the Nibi one must find him IC. If found IC has to accept the fight. Rules are to be picked by challenger and Shadow.

Things that cannot be decided by the host: Activity. Once every 2 weeks has to post. Anywhere they want. During a fight to avoid battles taking weeks; each person has to post weekly. After that the one that doesn't post is kicked out of the fight and then is subject to any terms agreed on beforehand. Example: It was decided IC to the death. However the host doesn't post for a week then the challenger wins and the host dies. If found IC they have to accept the challenge.

That's just an example of what I want.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2014, 07:43:40 AM »

It was meant as only one person maybe challenge for a specific bijū four (4) times a year to avoid people hopping right back "in line" for a challenge. Anyone can challenge but they may only challenge four (4) times for the same bijū. It wasn't limiting the jinchūriki to literally only having four (4) challenges a year, silly.  :P It is limiting say Dart from continuously challenging for Kurama all year long. No, he gets four (4) shots at obtaining it, and then he has to wait until the year is over. However, to circumnavigate that, Dart could still challenge for the other bijū. Each time only four chances to secure it.

As I said to Bocchiere, it's more fair for the other player in the SLverse to have a shot at attaining a bijū. If you don't like your bijū, then give it away and go and fight for the other one. No need to "stack" up or have another Zenaku ordeal. (P.S. Which was awesome at the time, don't get me wrong.)

The voiding issue seems to be the biggest problem because one side does try to void out. Of course, if both parties can agree, then it would certainly come to fruition but how often does that really occur? The judge, when being asked for a decision, can choose what can or cannot be voided IF and ONLY IF it needs to be. I.E., blatant god mod, meta gaming, cheating, etc..

I do so very much like the end format of what you desire. I dare even say if these rules are adopted, each jinchūriki make a similar template. Just so much easier for others to read and choose and know how to challenge.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2014, 08:21:45 AM »

If it's a rule that Jinchuriki can't challenge Jinchuriki then it should only be for the OOC fights.

What if I attack Kiri and I have a bijuu Dart and Xia just can't fight me then? Or if they kill me do they just have to let the bijuu go? It would make no sense IC.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2014, 01:24:31 AM »

I don't agree that they can't challenge each other. For reasons Bocc said and cause if they want to become stronger by getting a 'better' bijuu then they should be able to.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2014, 04:15:10 AM »

Nah, I agree with Dart. No challenging others, it creates people who hoard biju, and that isn't very fun when that happens.

@Bocc's response: It should only be for ooc challenges, you should be allowed to fight, if you stumble across each other IC.

@Shadow's response: They should have tried for the "better" biju, before becoming a host for a different one.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2014, 04:24:16 AM »

Nah, I agree with Dart. No challenging others, it creates people who hoard biju, and that isn't very fun when that happens.

@Bocc's response: It should only be for ooc challenges, you should be allowed to fight, if you stumble across each other IC.

@Shadow's response: They should have tried for the "better" biju, before becoming a host for a different one.

I agree with Dart's comment as well, but more or less if people see each other IC, the only people who can sense a Jinchuriki is another Jinchuriki. This crap with people know you're a Jinchuriki without knowledge IC just annoys me.

I don't think much of the rules need to change, but it needs to be addressed that if you do not have knowledge, then you're wrong. Common sense guys.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2014, 07:24:56 AM »

I agree with Dart's comment as well, but more or less if people see each other IC, the only people who can sense a Jinchuriki is another Jinchuriki. This crap with people know you're a Jinchuriki without knowledge IC just annoys me.

I don't think much of the rules need to change, but it needs to be addressed that if you do not have knowledge, then you're wrong. Common sense guys.

I don't really care for the IC approach at all, but it seems like I'm losing that battle, so I'll try to pitch in ideas regarding the IC approach.

If the only people who can sense other jinchs are other jinchs, that would basically require jinchs to be on the hunting teams in order for a practical hunt to take place, unless you're going after your own village jinch.

...The main issues with bijuu fights are the debating and how to challenge. I'm going with the side that the host has most say.

Character | Tailed Beast | IC or OCC | Judge picked | Additional information | Rules |

Shadow | Nibi (Two tails) | To be decided by Shadow and the challenger | Darkshinobi | Anyone can challenge OOC anytime however Shadow can pick weather or not to accept the fight. To IC challenge him for the Nibi one must find him IC. If found IC has to accept the fight. Rules are to be picked by challenger and Shadow...

As I think already mentioned, the idea of being allowed to deny OOC challenges without a basis for the denial is a little too much selective power in the hands of the host. Not to mention that, while snazzy, every host having their own individual set of rules is jut going to be a screwfest for the challenger, especially if the challenger is required to comply with said rules in order to challenge.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2014, 07:27:01 AM »

Yeah I agree with Eric. That was one very bad thing about the previous rules. Certain people were very much of the opinion that, "Well I'm the host so I get to basically make up any rules I want, on the spot." That needs to not be a thing.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2014, 09:55:17 AM »

"@Shadow's response: They should have tried for the "better" biju, before becoming a host for a different one."

I went after Rinn cause I saw him as the easiest and fastest. I thought I could kill him and get the bijuu quickly. (While it was easy, it took a long ass time) The Nibi was a boost for me.

I wouldn't feel 'confident' going at say Zenaku (if I were to) without a bijuu.
With the Nibi I now have more chakra and even more moves to draw from once mastered. Thus I'm more confident.

This is what I mean. I get something that will help and do for now and once ready you go for the 'upgrade.' That only makes sense.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.