Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Genjutsu Logic at its best  (Read 4631 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Genjutsu Logic at its best
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 07:09:49 AM »

I had a longer post, but I deleted in favor of a more concise post that focused on answering the question rather than the theory of genjutsu usage on unconscious folks as a whole.

Really, it depends on what kind of genjutsu, and what its intended effect is. In this case, in order for a genjutsu to make someone already unconscious unconscious again, it would need to either lay dormant in case the person wakes up, or it would need to override the original unconscious causer and takes its place, especially if the original one was a genjutsu.

Since the original one seems to be juinjutsu instead, then it definitely applies. Any disrupting of the target's chakra in the area of effect can have an effect on the effectiveness of the genjutsu.

That's my take on it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 07:11:57 AM »

Well besides it not being in the manga.

It is only logical that once the brain is already within a state of slumber it would not be able to comprehend the Genjutsu which are basically illusions. I don't really understand how you would see illusions in your sleep at all.

I only made this topic because it held my curiosity but Bocch is now mad. >>

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 07:14:08 AM »

Well besides it not being in the manga.

It is only logical that once the brain is already within a state of slumber it would not be able to comprehend the Genjutsu which are basically illusions. I don't really understand how you would see illusions in your sleep at all.

I only made this topic because it held my curiosity but Bocch is now mad. >>

First of all, what would you call dreams in the SL-verse? Influencing your very dreams via genjutsu is a very viable option, if people on SL ever actually slept.

Second of all, even if Bocc was mad, you did make jabs at him earlier in the thread.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 07:22:34 AM »

Bocch already knows what I am doing. I don't even recall saying anything bad about him at all though. XD

Sorry if I did though.

I didn't see any form of identification on any of you guys for that matter. Pretending to be doctors is a crime people.

Hotaru

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 07:45:04 AM »

I think I see Trev's point in that if it doesn't specifically state somewhere in the Naruto verse that it is possible then it's usually ignored when a judge makes decision more or less.

My take on it is this: 1) Zak can't get out anyway 2) If we are debating about possibilities of influencing minds at varying levels of functionality then should we also debate the possibilities of all the jutsu taken from other anime and used on SL (like Attack on Titan, Bleach, and Fairy Tale?)

It's my opinion that genjutsu affects chakra and your mind. If he is casting the genjutsu on an unconscious person, Bocchiere should be able to do so. Unconscious people dream all the time. Unless Zak is planning on being in a long term coma (and even there are cases of dreams in these subjects), then his unconscious mind can still function enough to assess and be captured/misled/confused/etc by a genjutsu.

Whether or not it is overkill since Zak is stuck anyway.. eh.. the jury is out.
Sophie: They say that the best blaze burns brightest, when circumstances are at their worst.

Calcifer: Yeah, but no-one really believes that. Come on, let's be honest.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2014, 07:59:19 AM »

It really doesn't matter anymore so.. I was right? Yay the guys back at SL won't believe any of this.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2014, 08:00:23 AM »

It really doesn't matter anymore so.. I was right? Yay the guys back at SL won't believe any of this.

I immensely regret teaching you how to use the forum.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 08:10:15 AM »

But it was a good deed. You should feel great. Lock this now? Or does anyone else have something to say. >>

All opinions are welcomed.

Hotaru

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 08:25:32 AM »

I think it is very important what the delivery method for the genjutsu is. If sight is required to be caught in it, then no. It's not going to work.

If it is hearing, smell, or direct effects upon the brainwaves...then yes, those all still function during sleep, hypnosis, coma...etc.

Ah, yes, you make a very good point Kayenta!
Sophie: They say that the best blaze burns brightest, when circumstances are at their worst.

Calcifer: Yeah, but no-one really believes that. Come on, let's be honest.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 10:12:34 AM »

I think it is very important what the delivery method for the genjutsu is. If sight is required to be caught in it, then no. It's not going to work.

If it is hearing, smell, or direct effects upon the brainwaves...then yes, those all still function during sleep, hypnosis, coma...etc.

Ah, yes, you make a very good point Kayenta!
^

Ryu, haven't you ever had a dream while you were asleep? If you can comprehend dreams then this is no big stretch in my opinion.
Just two nights ago I had a dream that I had to pick flowers for my wedding and smelled like four different flowers. One smelled exactly like chocolate.
Your brain doesn't just shut down when you are knocked out/sleep/are put in a coma.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2014, 11:23:36 AM »

I had a long drawn out post about the stages of sleep and how they affect your sense and other body functions, ect. Then related it to genjutsu, however, I see this topic now as useless. It doesn't matter if you're asleep or not. You are in his kamui and cannot use chakra. GG

But to answer your question...genjutsu CAN work on a sleeping person under certain conditions.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2014, 07:00:57 PM »

This topic was not made for my escape out of his Kamui dimension even though that is already set. >>

I made this topic to hear others opinion on this since me and Bocch always have the opposite. We've already came to the conclusion that I am in his pocket dimension, how many times was this stated already? That has nothing to do with the actual topic.

Let us shower ourselves in joy!!

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 03:31:34 AM »

This topic was not made for my escape out of his Kamui dimension I'll make another useless topic in which everyone disagrees with me about that later. >>

I made this topic to constantly ignore all points that defeat my argument since I can't admit when I'm wrong. We've already came to the conclusion that I am in his pocket dimension, how many times was this stated already? That has nothing to do with the actual topic.

I fixed this post for you.
All edits made in red.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 05:46:05 AM »

This topic was not made for my escape out of his Kamui dimension I'll make another useless topic in which everyone disagrees with me about that later. >>

I made this topic to constantly ignore all points that defeat my argument since I can't admit when I'm wrong. We've already came to the conclusion that I am in his pocket dimension, how many times was this stated already? That has nothing to do with the actual topic.

I fixed this post for you.
All edits made in red.

*Salutes*  :cool:

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2014, 06:45:05 AM »

I'd have to say yes it can. IT has been thought that people in commas can actually hear and such. Plus there are instances that when people go unconcuis or however you spell it they have dreams. Therefor a genjutsu could work on someone I think.

It effects the chakra going to the brain and can make them dream so to say. Makes sense really when you think of it in this way... the body needs chakra to live correct? The brain is still getting chakra cause if not the person would be dead right? If you are knocked out that does not mean that your chakra nods have been shut down in the head by no means. Therefor the chakra can still be tainted and the person be effected by a dream like genjutsu I'd have to think.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.