Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Get rid of the bijuu  (Read 10333 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Get rid of the bijuu
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »

I am beginning to think that the conclusion of this thread has been reached, as nothing new to the original discussion has been added in quite a few posts now. So, everybody cool with the tailed beasts taking a hike to the moon and beyond by Christmas?

Where did we get that from?

Well, if you new world order is established, I imagine you would at least want to revel in it a month or so before casting stuff aside. I'm reasoning that you wouldn't acquire the last beast(s) until around November. It's a rough estimate, much room for error as I'm not sure how progress is on catching those last two...

Plus, who knows, maybe by Christmas people will be sick of the tailed beasts enough to give it another shot. Or consider it a Christmas gift wrapped in bright white paper.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2014, 02:19:03 AM »

About half of the Bijuu Owners here are stuffed stuff of Multiple Kekkei Genkai and other powerful traits or techniques. Yet they want even more power by having a Bijuu. A huge imbalance if you ask me if you are near unbeatable you basically have to win a Bijuu like how Bocchiere got the 9-tails.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2014, 03:30:52 AM »

About half of the Bijuu Owners here are stuffed stuff of Multiple Kekkei Genkai and other powerful traits or techniques. Yet they want even more power by having a Bijuu. A huge imbalance if you ask me if you are near unbeatable you basically have to win a Bijuu like how Bocchiere got the 9-tails.

Yeah I mean if other people are CHOOSING to be weaker than me, because anyone can get 16 resets and canon jutsu, then I should have to suffer because of it. For sure, I have a tear in my eye just thinking about it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:37:05 AM by bocchiere »

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2014, 04:58:56 AM »

@Ratatosk

I am what you refer to as a "Bijuu Owner" and also have multiple Kekkai Genai/powerful traits/techniques. As Bocchiere noted, that is permissible by the "sixteen-point" norm. However, in relation to the biju, I wouldn't say that they add more power to their jinchuriki.

Let me be clear. I think that they should. But descriptively speaking, I don't really think they do. Rather, I think that the biju have two values.

(1) A biju, while not "owned" by anyone IC, is essentially controlled by whoever their respective jinchuriki is. This additional conscious entity allows for more diverse and interesting RP.

(2) Also, to some people, the biju are a sign of skill, and earn their jinchuriki respect. Mostly, I think, in cases where the biju was actually attained by means of skill rather than their jinchuriki going inactive. Sadly, inactivity has been the norm lately rather than respectfully-handled battles of RP skill.

The value that biju should offer is substantial chakra boost, but as it has been pointed out, it is no longer the norm to limit chakra use on SL.

Thus, I don't see any real power being added to anyone -- regardless of their unique kekkai genkai or other trait claims -- simply by them possessing a biju.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 05:01:58 AM by Night »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2014, 07:32:37 AM »

@Ratatosk

I am what you refer to as a "Bijuu Owner" and also have multiple Kekkai Genai/powerful traits/techniques. As Bocchiere noted, that is permissible by the "sixteen-point" norm. However, in relation to the biju, I wouldn't say that they add more power to their jinchuriki.

Let me be clear. I think that they should. But descriptively speaking, I don't really think they do. Rather, I think that the biju have two values.

(1) A biju, while not "owned" by anyone IC, is essentially controlled by whoever their respective jinchuriki is. This additional conscious entity allows for more diverse and interesting RP.

(2) Also, to some people, the biju are a sign of skill, and earn their jinchuriki respect. Mostly, I think, in cases where the biju was actually attained by means of skill rather than their jinchuriki going inactive. Sadly, inactivity has been the norm lately rather than respectfully-handled battles of RP skill.

The value that biju should offer is substantial chakra boost, but as it has been pointed out, it is no longer the norm to limit chakra use on SL.

Thus, I don't see any real power being added to anyone -- regardless of their unique kekkai genkai or other trait claims -- simply by them possessing a biju.

Well, you can get additional KG elements via the tailed beasts, along with passive abilities that they may or may not possess. The chakra boost would be a help if chakra amounts were a serious problem in the realm.

I dunno, I would say that by many standards, having a tailed beast does grant its owners some additional power. Even if you grind hard and get as many resets as some of the folks have, that tailed beast still adds a bit more. Additionally, if you are friends with them, you are almost completely and utterly immune to genjutsu, since they can break you out of it without you being consciously aware of it. Add that onto the "second mind" trick that Yugi used in the original Yugioh series, and I would say having a tailed beast is not just about prestige and additional RP, but the fact that some power does come from it.

A character like Eric Nara would benefit more from it in the overall power than a character like Bocchiere, but the above paragraph I still put forward.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2014, 08:10:43 AM »

Oo, well noted Eric. I had forgotten to consider KG/techniques that the biju bestow upon their jinchuriki.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2014, 10:02:50 AM »

It is a power-up. But if I could have Sage Mode with my Rinnegan instead of the 9 tails I would, I'd just have the 9 tails sealed in a bottle around my neck or something. That bijuu for me is 99% about the prestige, the power it gives me is pretty redundant at this point.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2014, 06:21:13 PM »

I'd just have the 9 tails sealed in a bottle around my neck or something.

I'd seriously like to see this.

Anyway the manga isn't over yet for all we know the tailed beast could be permanently sealed away by the end of it. I know SL takes place in an alternate universe, likely some time after the creation of the tailed beast by Hagoromo otherwise if that isn't the case, who exactly created the tailed-beast in this SL timeline.

As said before the beast provide a power-up if you need it, but for some they are just ranks of your RP fighting prowess .

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2014, 07:04:54 PM »

I think what most people forget is that the Tailed Beasts are also a symbol of status. This was prevalent in the series, mainly in the aspects of which villages had which ones, and how many each had. Konoha has Kurama, due to the events that concern Hashirama and such. And Kumogakure had the eight and two tails, which is a large sign of their status and strength. Even some of the minor villages had one.

On SL, they're a symbol of status, activity and power. Having one shows that you have been recognized as somebody who has sought out some form of acknowledgement, and have received it by being known as one of the bearers. Although some don't seem to care as much, since they have already grown strong enough to wrestle a Tailed Beast into a choke-hold with their legs. (Such as myself)

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2014, 05:19:32 AM »

Adding in regards to when I was stripped, but Bocc never gave any word on an extension because the wife DID go into labor this past Monday, after nearly keeping a watchful eye on her if she was to pop at any time. Technically, he had already stripped me to get the point clear and I did go over some forum topics to see my character isn't dead(which I applaud), and the fact I do have a healthy baby boy now without needing to spend a 4th day at the hospital.

Anyway, I have no grudges on anyone, so don't take it personal when I come out like I would blatantly and straightforward.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:20:28 AM by Xiarawst »

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2014, 12:37:02 PM »

@Ratatosk

Simple question, Hagoromo made them. That's how basically everyone has RP'd up so far, though most people aren't so knowledgeable IC and or OOC that they'd actually know this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.