Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Get rid of the bijuu  (Read 10223 times)

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
Get rid of the bijuu
« on: September 14, 2014, 03:54:49 AM »

You know, after all this time of seeing how things are handled with people wanting this one, or that one, I just think the way all these posts of needing to strip them or whatever just need to go away. For one, the rules for some have been way to strict that if someone can't post in the given time period, they get stripped. What if someone doesn't have wifi, internet, ect.... There can be more reasons, but we are expecting way too much out of everyone when they are a Jinchuriki.

I am however not upset over the fact I lost mine, but I have seen more than enough that out of how many people argue over something stupid in a game and take it way too far, they just need to go away and save the headache for anyone else down the line, especially with all the voiding being lessened that way. We rely and depend too much on something like this that I got up to where I wanted without it in the first place. To heck with a bijuu.

I don't care much for what anyone might say, but I am standing by my decision based on the fact that things go way too far at times on this matter.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 03:57:40 AM by Xiarawst »

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Get rid of the bijuu
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 04:53:53 AM »

I disagree, getting rid of the biju is getting rid of a main component of Naruto itself. They hold so much importance in both SL and Naruto universe. To get rid of it cause they cause "headaches" is simply choosing to give up, instead of working to improve things, and I am against it.

I don't think we're asking too much out of host to post once every 14 days. That seems perfectly acceptable to me. If someone can't do that, they should give it up and let someone who can take over the role. We're not saying you can't rp or stay on SL, but if someone can't handle it, let someone else.

If someone isn't interested in biju, well great! You never have to get one or worry about them ever! But why deny the people that do want them? It's easy to ignore them, but it's unfair and mean to deny them to people that want them.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 05:55:11 AM »

You know, after all this time of seeing how things are handled with people wanting this one, or that one, I just think the way all these posts of needing to strip them or whatever just need to go away. For one, the rules for some have been way to strict that if someone can't post in the given time period, they get stripped. What if someone doesn't have wifi, internet, ect.... There can be more reasons, but we are expecting way too much out of everyone when they are a Jinchuriki.

I am however not upset over the fact I lost mine, but I have seen more than enough that out of how many people argue over something stupid in a game and take it way too far, they just need to go away and save the headache for anyone else down the line, especially with all the voiding being lessened that way. We rely and depend too much on something like this that I got up to where I wanted without it in the first place. To heck with a bijuu.

I don't care much for what anyone might say, but I am standing by my decision based on the fact that things go way too far at times on this matter.

It has already been suggested by yours truly before during discussions regarding the beasts. Although it didn't get very far, it will be interesting to see if it makes more progress this go 'round.

I disagree somewhat with your reasoning, that too much is being expecting of Jinchs. Keeping them around is only for the sake of RP or, as Trev and others will point out, for them being a component and importance and etc.

However, if they are in the hands of inactive players/ folks who can't get on for this reason and that, that defeats the purpose of the cause trying to keep them around. Hence the need to limit the activity regarding who can hold on to the beasts.

I have almost always stood by the idea that it would be far easier to remove them. Cop-out or no, they are hardly making RP any better, even when they were fought IC it was still a bunch of crapfests, with exceptions here and there of course.

Getting rid of them will not make peace among the SL community, though. While someone has brought up "what will we fight for now" in a previous discussion, I'll go ahead and reiterate that we will fight for whatever is left, since there are not countries of people clamoring to snatch a tailed beast anyways.

I say we RIP the tailed beasts, but not before the Akatsuki at least gets the chance to collect them all.  ;)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 06:02:15 AM »

Yes obviously if you can't follow the rules to keep a bijuu then no one should be able to have them.

Yeah, 2 posts a month, that is way out of line. Move over Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany, SL is rolling up to take your throne.

I love the Kiri is never wrong mentality though. Xia couldn't follow the bijuu rules so bijuu should be removed from the site. Just like how it's all Akatsuki's fault the fight in Kiri is taking so long after Kiri refused to respond and insisted the whole fight be voided and restarted.

If you guys are so worried about the bijuu rules I say don't worry. If it's the last thing I do none of the Hidden Villages will ever have a bijuu again. So you really dont need to worry about being able to follow those big bad rules anymore.

On the note of removing the bijuu I agree with Eric. I plan to just destroy the world and force a reset of rp, where everyone who wanted to could start over and we could make actual rules for rp and make it not awful instead of having people go "well that's how we've always done it." You know, 1-2 KG only, no more Edo Tensei, throw the bijuu out too, sure.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 06:27:35 PM »

I been said void the tailed beast. It's so stupid that the plot of SL has to evolve around these things when they are really useless anyways. They don't give a village an advantage at all honestly and if you think they'd other you should probably start working more onto skills then character OPness.

Voiding the things will only result in better plots being created like SL use to have. So yeah I say void them.

Also on a side note I may just become interested in rp at this site agian if they aren't voided just to get one an ruin Bocc's plan lol.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 07:10:36 PM »

Rp will be the same with or without the bijuu.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 07:11:45 PM »

Rp will be the same with or without the bijuu.

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 12:07:44 AM »

I love the Kiri is never wrong mentality though. Xia couldn't follow the bijuu rules so bijuu should be removed from the site. Just like how it's all Akatsuki's fault the fight in Kiri is taking so long after Kiri refused to respond and insisted the whole fight be voided and restarted.

You are laughable, sir. People on Kiri's side have been posting consistently when it is their turn.
We just got done waiting more than three weeks for Renkai to post a simple "get out of dodge." What is taking so long is Akatsuki's belligerence, negligence, and this animosity towards people who RP in Kiri.

The last thing that will happen is you ever getting a bijuu out of me. 
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 01:17:58 AM »

Ahhhhh, I wish I was a forum moderator, you guys love to derail a thread.

@Bocc, and Isa. This isn't about Kiri and suki fight, please stay on topic.

@main topic, I still don't think this will solve anything. The biju aren't the problem, it's the people. Get rid of the biju, and it is as others have said. People will find something new to fight about; land, special items (Like Seven Swords, Sage weapons, etc). In my opinion, this solves nothing. What you should really do is voice your opinion on the biju rule thread.

Don't like the inactive rule? Well change it! I know some people don't like the forum, but honestly get over it. Not to be rude, but this is the best way to communicate rp issues, as posting them on SL would be hell.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 03:43:48 AM »

With or without them, like others have said, things will be the same. There are rules to abide by when dealing with them, and we must follow them. Like Trev said, if you don't like the rules, contribute to rearranging and changing them. Though, if you do nothing to contribute (which can be as little as simply voicing your opinion) then you should not blame others for these rules, but rather yourselves. By choosing not to say anything, you have already made the choice to not fight against it.

I for one am pretty alright with these rules, and choose not to have the Biju voided.
There, you see that guys? That's me voicing my opinion on this and contributing to the topic on hand. And if the decision on this seems to be leaning towards the other way, then I'll simply try to voice some reasoning.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 05:12:28 AM »

Don't like the inactive rule? Well change it! I know some people don't like the forum, but honestly get over it. Not to be rude, but this is the best way to communicate rp issues, as posting them on SL would be hell.

... That's me voicing my opinion on this and contributing to the topic on hand. And if the decision on this seems to be leaning towards the other way, then I'll simply try to voice some reasoning.

That's the spirit of 'Murica! Oh wait...  :-? Almost half the population still doesn't vote. Well, good points either way.

@main topic, I still don't think this will solve anything. The biju aren't the problem, it's the people. Get rid of the biju, and it is as others have said. People will find something new to fight about; land, special items (Like Seven Swords, Sage weapons, etc). In my opinion, this solves nothing. What you should really do is voice your opinion on the biju rule thread.

Land? Laughable, for real.

The ninja swordsman swords are collectors items, but I think Kiri still has that regulation regarding them, so you would have to be a Mist ninja to obtain it in a practical fashion. I dunno about you, but I would not lead an invasion into Kiri for 7 swords when only one of them is really all that in the can of sardines.

Other than special items, what else would there to be fight for? Pride, honor? Maybe, but that is kind of why there are arguments in the first place. If we took away the tailed beast, it sure would make folks have to find something else to knock each other over the head for. Shoot, I was going to go to Konoha for some deer antlers (still plan on it btw) so that I can get my Blade of Shadows back (thanks Kirk for totally not giving it back to me during your leave time you douche  :P [I say that in jest]).

Actually kind of makes you wonder what SL would be like without the tailed beasts. Almost like the beasts to be won IC experiment we did some time ago.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 05:23:48 AM »

I don't think land is laughable, since Oto claimed a bunch of territory from smaller nations. I'd at least fight you over land, so don't laugh at me!

Also, find someone bored enough without biju and you bet they'll lead an invasion over small things.

Getting rid of the biju solved nothing, you even just said it'd make people knock each other out for other stuff. This doesn't solve any headaches, it just leads to headaches over a different discussion!

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 11:43:11 AM »

Not laughing cause I kinda agree here. Believe it or not, land and other things are actually in the spotlight in my current storyline, while bijuu in turn are just a nice little addition on the side.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 12:47:20 PM »

I don't think land is laughable, since Oto claimed a bunch of territory from smaller nations. I'd at least fight you over land, so don't laugh at me!

Also, find someone bored enough without biju and you bet they'll lead an invasion over small things.

Getting rid of the biju solved nothing, you even just said it'd make people knock each other out for other stuff. This doesn't solve any headaches, it just leads to headaches over a different discussion!

Oto claimed land from minor nations? Shoot, I must have missed that buried in biju related topics for the last year and some change.  :-?

And congrats, you took some land from minor nations. What now? Unless you took some RPers/citizens as well, not a whole lot you can do with it in the SL-verse. There is no regulated currency system, no supply-demand for most products, and only prestige being the real gain in attaining more land for the country. And RP, maybe.

I would rather see people knock each other over the head over land than these tailed beasts at this point. There are enough biju topics to warrant a separate board if you were to take the trouble to count them all up. I want to see people fight and argue over something that is not related to a chakra beast. I would almost be willing to kill just to see that.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 01:17:21 PM »

And that, is why you put said land to use, Eric. If there's nothing worth mention in those places, then all you gotta do is make some.

Also, I'd rather said people have fun with those other things, rather than fight over them >_> not to be mistaken as advocating for never ending tea parties, I just happen to know for a fact its quite possible to go on adventures and stuff without the need to squabble on here about every action.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.