Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Bijuu Rules Clarification  (Read 11413 times)

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
Re: Bijuu Rules Clarification
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 04:54:55 AM »

Speaking of which we are doing the same thing.

So far it doesn't seem like anyone is against the bijuu being used as summons in this system, the only point of contention is that I think it should be strictly via Sharingan and Rinnegan and Eric things it should be more open then that.

I agree because it just sticks, terrible to open my mouth with no true back-up. But non three-tomoe sharingan users or rinnegan users shouldn't be able to create contracts with the beasts.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 05:54:07 AM »

So far it doesn't seem like anyone is against the bijuu being used as summons in this system, the only point of contention is that I think it should be strictly via Sharingan and Rinnegan and Eric things it should be more open then that.

I agree because it just sticks, terrible to open my mouth with no true back-up. But non three-tomoe sharingan users or rinnegan users shouldn't be able to create contracts with the beasts.

And why not? Sharingan hypnosis is powerful, but considering the SL universe, it is not unrivalled in strength against something like a summon. Heck, there are custom hypnosis argueably better in some sense.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 07:25:33 AM »

And why not? Sharingan hypnosis is powerful, but considering the SL universe, it is not unrivalled in strength against something like a summon. Heck, there are custom hypnosis argueably better in some sense.

It is a special ability of the Sharingan that lets them control bijuu though not just based on the fact that its a Genjutsu.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 07:33:58 AM »

I disagree with bijūs as a summon entirely. Why should someone be forced to fight the same person twice for two different beasties? Makes no sense at all.

It would be fighting two bijū at once with a summon and a Jinchūriki. The bijū should just be sealed within a host within the week's time span and get rid of the summoning ordeal altogether.

And I'm waiting for all the opinions and thoughts are hashed out before I "make a choice" on which "rules" to follow. Nothing has truly changed. And I'm active daily.

So don't mention me again, Bocchiball, especially when you're wrong. I simply forgot to reply for I have much more important things to deal with that speak to you about nothing.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 08:03:35 AM »

I disagree with bijūs as a summon entirely. Why should someone be forced to fight the same person twice for two different beasties? Makes no sense at all.

It would be fighting two bijū at once with a summon and a Jinchūriki. The bijū should just be sealed within a host within the week's time span and get rid of the summoning ordeal altogether.

And I'm waiting for all the opinions and thoughts are hashed out before I "make a choice" on which "rules" to follow. Nothing has truly changed. And I'm active daily.

So don't mention me again, Bocchiball, especially when you're wrong. I simply forgot to reply for I have much more important things to deal with that speak to you about nothing.

Thank for being insulting and antagonistic for no reason. :D That's super helpful.

If you kill someone in a fight for their bijuu they'd be dead so I don't know how you think you'd be fighting the same person twice. Or we can just say if you beat them you get summoned bijuu too.

You read a pm I sent you something like 2 weeks ago and never responded. How ridiculous of me to assume you were ignoring me considering how reasonable you've been in the past.  :roll:

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2014, 08:39:41 AM »

Thank for being insulting and antagonistic for no reason. :D That's super helpful.

If you kill someone in a fight for their bijuu they'd be dead so I don't know how you think you'd be fighting the same person twice. Or we can just say if you beat them you get summoned bijuu too.

You read a pm I sent you something like 2 weeks ago and never responded. How ridiculous of me to assume you were ignoring me considering how reasonable you've been in the past.  :roll:

Where exactly is there an insult?

Inbox   Write   Mail Archive   Mail Notepad   Outbox

Subject: Just for clarification
Sent: 2014-09-23 07:41:25
Reply   Forward   < Previous   Next >

Are you following the bijuu rules on the wiki or the forum?
Reply   Delete
Mark Unread   Report to Admin
< Previous   Next >

Yea, that was literally sent three (3) days ago. I've ben busy with much more issues than your question.

The highlighted portion in Bocchiball's quote is in contention as well. Because that's only IF the route for bijū is agreed upon to be IC. Not everyone wants every single time to be IC as it is indeed more time consuming. Some want OOC and some want a mix.

Plus, if you're a jinchūriki and you also possess a bijū summon, your challenger can really only choose one bijū as the rules imply. Even though it isn't implicitly stated.

As such, we should also address that issue. It isn't fair to have someone possess more than one bijū or for a jinchūriki to fight for another bijū, especially if it is within the IC route. That makes the challenge almost impossible for you have to fight not only the character, but also two bijū as well.

And it just isn't fair. There are nine (9) beasts so there should nine (9) separate hosts. Not everyone gets along with everyone on the site and as such they shouldn't be forced to roleplay/talk/handle/deal with them more than they should.

Oh, 10! I forgot the Reibi. Sorry Trev!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 08:59:08 AM »

Thank you Kay.

That's what happened, I ctrl F'd to find the message but searched Dart, forgot you changed your name, so nothing came up. So I thought it timed out.

I wouldn't have any issue fighting a Jinchuriki summoning a bijuu, or multiple Jinchuriki, I'd actually love to just fight you and Isa at the same time and finish this whole little scavenger hunt off, but that's neither here nor there.

No one forces anyone to fight for bijuu. If you're a Jinchuriki you need to fight the people hunting bijuu, if you want a bijuu you need to fight a bijuu owner. That's how it works. Don't like it? Surrender your bijuu. I'm pretty sure I said a variation of that phrase 10 or 20 times during the 5 months the Kiri rp's were going (Got voided again people keeping up with that kind of stuff).

Trust me on this one Dart, you give us the 8 tails and we will NEVER rp with you again. :D

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 10:06:06 AM »

Wow, you really had to dig deep for that. Jeeze, there's no need to read into everything I type.

First, my phone automatically corrects Bocchiere to Bocchiball, so I hadn't even realized. My bad on that one.

Second, those are turn of phrases were I'm from. Neither demeaning or dismissive in nature. Literally means I have nothing to say nor wish to interact with him.

I'm not even going to comment on the blatant arrogance of your last comment, Bocchiere, less you think I was insulting you again.

Either way, this isn't a topic to be trolled/insulted/ganged up on/argue, etc. this is literally about getting the bijū "rules" in sync so let's stick to to the actual topic then?

Which is this:

Plus, if you're a jinchūriki and you also possess a bijū summon, your challenger can really only choose one bijū as the rules imply. Even though it isn't implicitly stated.

As such, we should also address that issue. It isn't fair to have someone possess more than one bijū or for a jinchūriki to fight for another bijū, especially if it is within the IC route. That makes the challenge almost impossible for you have to fight not only the character, but also two bijū as well.

And it just isn't fair. There are nine (9) beasts so there should nine (9) separate hosts. Not everyone gets along with everyone on the site and as such they shouldn't be forced to roleplay/talk/handle/deal with them more than they should.

Oh, 10! I forgot the Reibi. Sorry Trev!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 10:33:26 AM »

Well my second fight for the Yonbi was me vs Trev, Vex, Mikoto, Kamui, and one of Trev's Edo Tensei zombies and I won that. (Spoilers all of those people are kage or their alts). I've also beaten Isa before and was about to kill you in Kiri before you coincidentally refused to post and wanted the fight to be voided. So yeah. I'd say me being able to beat both of you is more of a forgone conclusion then arrogance.

I find it more arrogant for you to think I can fight 4 Kage at once and win but not beat you and Isa.

I'd addressed your statements, which is the part of my post you ignored. So let's try it again.

No one forces anyone to fight for bijuu. If you're a Jinchuriki you need to fight the people hunting bijuu, if you want a bijuu you need to fight a bijuu owner. That's how it works. Don't like it? Surrender your bijuu.

Oh man Bocchi has two bijuu but I don't like him that's not fair. Well I guess you didn't want the bijuu as bad as you thought then. I put up with people I don't like all of the time to capture bijuu, I've also had occasion where I have just forfeited a fight so as to no longer deal with someone.

I have very little sympathy for people complaining about the conditions of something they are willingly subjecting themselves to and could also cease whenever they wanted.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:36:50 AM by bocchiere »

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 11:08:35 AM »

Again, not going to post so as to not "insult" you.

And that's your opinion. You already stated it. So I'm waiting to hear from the others.

It seems you've forgotten that Bocchiere DOES NOT equal SL Community. You're but one guy of one mind and one opinion. You don't run anything, you don't make any rules, and you're not even a moderator.

And your opinion on my questions has very little to do with what was said. You're somply trolling to troll because you don't like me. Let's try to be more productive here.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:12:20 AM by Dart »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2014, 11:27:48 AM »

Thank you for saying you didn't mean to insult me before repeatedly insulting me, really softened the blow. Though I reported you for it regardless of what you then edited out.

I said it the first time and you completely ignored it, which is why I repeated myself, as most people would do if they said something to someone that garnered no response.

I don't think I represent the community, I just know I'm much better than most of you at zone fighting, I'm unclear as to where that is getting confused.

I addressed actually everything you said.

#1 I suggested you could just challenge one person for all of their bijuu instead of one, thus eliminating the need to fight them multiple times or for them to have multiple challenger lists.

#2 Well that's just kinda your opinion, I just disagreed with it.

#3 Being forced to deal with people you don't like is just the nature of the beast, so to speak, and forbidding summoning Bijuu wouldn't change anything.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2014, 06:55:31 PM »

Hey guys,

to shorten some drama here:

Please be nice to each other - if you happen to get into a dead end, don't escalate things into personal insults.

In RP, you will have no fun if you be with a party you don't like or does not play with your rules. You need to nod + agree on all of them, and name one person (a mediator) to settle if any issues arise while RPing.

That has worked well in the past, and will in the future.

Just as some piece of advice.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2014, 10:20:24 PM »

Hey guys,

Please be nice to each other - if you happen to get into a dead end, don't escalate things into personal insults.

In RP, you will have no fun if you be with a party you don't like or does not play with your rules. You need to nod + agree on all of them, and name one person (a mediator) to settle if any issues arise while RPing.

You've had to post stuff like this waay too much.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2014, 01:16:26 AM »

Hey guys,

Yet people still don't listen. It just goes out one ear and out the other; it's sad just thinking about it.  :oops:

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2014, 05:04:49 AM »

It is a special ability of the Sharingan that lets them control bijuu though not just based on the fact that its a Genjutsu.

But you can control others using genjutsu, sharingan or not. Sharingan has just been capered by Kishi to the point in which you might as well call it that when it is not that. There is more than one way to control a tailed beast if you count filler.

I disagree with bijūs as a summon entirely...

Let's back up to here. Do you disagree with the bijus as a summon entirely, or do you disagree with being able to have both? Because if it is the latter, I agree that that is an issue, and that the second beast should be divied, but if it is the former, there is a thread where that was hashed out regarding the viability of using tailed beasts as summons.

I forget where I was in that discussion regarding it, but as for this discussion, I am wholly against it if it is exclusively sharingan control only. As someone who dislikes the way sharingan-Rinnegan has taken over the power scales of the site, I think that limiting who can control the beast as a summon is very un-SL-like. While many of those wanting beasts have sharingan or would get one if they wanted to have it run around as a summon, there are many others who do not, but have genjutsu that could certainly do the trick.

I have created custom techniques mimicking the techniques of other canon techniques for months if not years now. To think that that anyone wants to make it sharingan-only feels like a clip of the wing really. Being a host is considerably easier for a character like mine, but at the same time, I don't want to have to go get a sharingan just to experiment with having it as a summon in the future.

Hey guys,

Yet people still don't listen. It just goes out one ear and out the other; it's sad just thinking about it.  :oops:

It is not that people do not listen at all, it's that the "nodding" process is much more contact-sport than it was intended to be.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 14 queries.