Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Ban Techniques?  (Read 23651 times)

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
Re: Ban Techniques?
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2015, 08:32:28 AM »

-nods-
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2015, 05:46:42 PM »

However, I don't jump ahead and watch the Japanese dub. I stick with the English.)
Me too.
On another point.
I think resets could be gotten through rp, but only one except the Rinnegan since that thing is op even if you only can the five elements perk or shinra tensei....
Izanami and Izanagi....
My character does not know about either and he is an uchiha.

:smt064

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2015, 06:30:46 PM »

On the subject of Shunshin, it's really just high-speed movement propelled by chakra use. So the longer of a distance that you want to go, the more chakra that is used. Though it's usage is only really acceptable by others when travelling around. And it's not so much of a voided technique in battle. In all actuality, it's more like the participants agreeing to not using Shunshin. But once someone pulls it out, then all hell breaks loose with Shunshin-dodging everywhere.

Just be warned though. If you're an acad that's trying to out-speed someone of Jounin level, then you're obviously going to be out-done. And more reasonably, Shunshin isn't going to help you against someone with the Sharingan or Byakugan. They'll either see you moving, or see where you ended up moving, respectively. And don't try to pull out that "My hand and overall speed movements are faster than the Sharingan can see" garbage. The only way that is possible is through Shunshin while using Lightning Release Chakra Mode. But even then, you better watch out that your opponent doesn't start to call out the amount of chakra usage using both techniques requires.

This is a part of the reason why I like to open up with kunai, shuriken, conventional weapons and simpler techniques. It starts the match/spar off at a level where you can gauge whether or not your opponent will overpower or counter those attacks with their wits, or with big technique spam.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2015, 01:43:20 AM »

One jutsu I hate with a searing passion that should be banned because of it's sheer stupidity, is Kawarimi no Jutsu. I find that anybody using this jutsu thinks of it as some sort of Hiraishin. Sense its not, its simply high speed movement like Shunshin, but with the completely asinine point of running BACK to only put a log or what have you in your place. Whats even worse is that the jutsu is described as, "....users replace their own body with some other object, generally with a block of wood, the moment an attack lands. This creates an optical illusion, making the enemy think the attack was successful." Really? So you just happen to have the speed to move faster than light, or fast enough to leave an afterimage, only to run back with an object from hammerspace for a ,"Ha ha, I fooled you!"??

Granted I could forgive almost all of this, if it weren't for the fact its a general ninjutsu. No genjutsu, no henge to make it look like you; you just do it...
_________________________________________________________________________________

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2015, 01:47:17 AM »

One jutsu I hate with a searing passion that should be banned because of it's sheer stupidity, is Kawarimi no Jutsu. I find that anybody using this jutsu thinks of it as some sort of Hiraishin. Sense its not, its simply high speed movement like Shunshin, but with the completely asinine point of running BACK to only put a log or what have you in your place. Whats even worse is that the jutsu is described as, "....users replace their own body with some other object, generally with a block of wood, the moment an attack lands. This creates an optical illusion, making the enemy think the attack was successful." Really? So you just happen to have the speed to move faster than light, or fast enough to leave an afterimage, only to run back with an object from hammerspace for a ,"Ha ha, I fooled you!"??

Granted I could forgive almost all of this, if it weren't for the fact its a general ninjutsu. No genjutsu, no henge to make it look like you; you just do it...

I have never had anyone use that against me in a fight. Nonetheless I would void it cause of the sheer speed on would have to have to do that.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2015, 01:58:59 AM »

I have never had anyone use that against me in a fight. Nonetheless I would void it cause of the sheer speed on would have to have to do that.

Unless it was prepped beforehand, like it most likely is in the canon series.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2015, 02:01:23 AM »

What exactly preps that move? i mean I could see it as some sort of Kuchiyose like technique that switches the position between you and the object like that, but Idon'tknow

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2015, 02:07:26 AM »

What exactly preps that move? i mean I could see it as some sort of Kuchiyose like technique that switches the position between you and the object like that, but Idon'tknow

Use an illusionary technique to disguise the log or scroll or whatever you decide to use. It doesn't seem like the substitute stays faked for very long, so it would probably require a diversionary tactic first to use properly, hence why it fell out in usage in battles where distractions were not aplenty.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2015, 02:27:49 AM »

Yeah but is the body switching just shunshin speed? Or do they switch simultanesouly

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2015, 02:32:48 AM »

Use an illusionary technique to disguise the log or scroll or whatever you decide to use. It doesn't seem like the substitute stays faked for very long, so it would probably require a diversionary tactic first to use properly, hence why it fell out in usage in battles where distractions were not aplenty.

I always figured it worked similarly to how Naruto disguised one of his clones as a fuuma shuriken.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2015, 02:49:28 AM »

If it's just simple illusion or genjutsu then it won't work on SL anyways since we're all Uchiha whores.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2015, 04:55:55 AM »

If it's just simple illusion or genjutsu then it won't work on SL anyways since we're all Uchiha whores.

Normally, the sharingan cannot differentiate between shadow clones perfectly every time (with Madara being the exception). With some creativity I am sure it could be done.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2015, 12:20:21 AM »

Unless it was prepped beforehand, like it most likely is in the canon series.

But that begs the question, even if it prepared, where are you getting it from? Space-Time? That could work, but cries out abuse. High speed movement? If your moving that fast that your opponent can't see you move out of the way the moment an attack technically "hits" you (I assume the user moves fast enough before the total energy of the attack transfers to you, which is speed the likes The Flash will applaud you for.) summon a log from some scroll, and place it back before they are the wiser, you are already at god-like levels compared to that ninja.

Mad because I should be dead by your Rasen-Shuriken? Its all good bro, I substituted the moment it hit, to give you the optical illusion of me being it, without me actually being hit. Its all science you wouldn't understand.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2015, 12:32:53 AM »

To my understanding it varies. Either you simpy manually switch a nearby object with yourself faster than the enemy can see or while they're distracted, or you summon something over like an animal like zabuza did and swap with that.

A normal hare for example isn't a summon animal, so it'd be easy keeping it in its cage, only to be called over when necessary.

Both ways still require speed or an optic diversion though.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2015, 12:46:48 AM »

Like I mentioned earlier, it is likely similar to how it worked when Naruto turned a shadow clone into a shuriken. Still, it's very silly considering it means you were fighting a log, basically.
I like to think of it as the poor man's shadow clone. Basically, instead of creating a clone from nothing, you use an object as a base. But shadow clones are just silly in all aspects anyway, so this just furthers the silliness.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 19 queries.