Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Ban Techniques?  (Read 23695 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: Ban Techniques?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2014, 03:21:55 AM »

Probably Izanami feels more like character control than anything.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2014, 04:52:27 AM »

I find it odd that a majority of users on here ban Izanami but not Izanagi.
Why ban something that can effectively counter a forbidden technique that allows users to cheat death at practically the same cost; losing an eye?

Izanami is... banned by many?  :o Wut? I was unaware of this. I was aware that it was practically auto-hit, but since getting out of it can be fished rather easily, it becomes less of an issue in that department, since frankly, many genjutsu are technically auto-hit as depicted in the series. It's more a matter of escaping the effects half the time.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2014, 05:41:37 AM »

Why ban something that can effectively counter a forbidden technique that allows users to cheat death at practically the same cost; losing an eye?

Well. :roll: From my personal experience it isn't really a realistic jutsu to perform on SL. When someone used it on me in a zone fight I just let it go so they'd lose an eye since back then it meant you lost Susano'o. The jutsu was not performed correctly though.

There's also the matter of it being a character control jutsu much like Kotoamatsukami, but not as bad. If you actually get trapped in an Izanami you just accept the results of your actions and escape it, your opponent can't argue that you don't do that, so the jutsu is useless. If they opponent was able to refute your resolve the jutsu would be god mod, so everyone just cuts out the middle man and says it is banned.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2014, 07:02:25 AM »

Well. :roll: From my personal experience it isn't really a realistic jutsu to perform on SL. When someone used it on me in a zone fight I just let it go so they'd lose an eye since back then it meant you lost Susano'o. The jutsu was not performed correctly though.

There's also the matter of it being a character control jutsu much like Kotoamatsukami, but not as bad. If you actually get trapped in an Izanami you just accept the results of your actions and escape it, your opponent can't argue that you don't do that, so the jutsu is useless. If they opponent was able to refute your resolve the jutsu would be god mod, so everyone just cuts out the middle man and says it is banned.

Accepting the results of your actions, however, would be nullifying Izanagi, meaning you would get hit by whatever attack you were attempting to quite literally god-mode your way out of. Accepting that you would get blown to pieces, for example, by Konan's specialty technique as Obito would get you blown to pieces, and Izanagi would be, in effect, countered.

It is only really impractical for SL use when you attempt to use it against an ordinary joe who is not using Izanagi. Izanami was created as Izanagi's counter for a reason. It was made to teach Izanagi abusers a lesson. Kabuto's situation would simply not happen in SL unless the character legitimately did not realize that they were in Izanami, or truly could not accept a certain detail about their fate (this even includes a victory if one were to go about it that way).

Looking over the tech descriptions in the series, in order to use Izanami properly against an Izanagi user, one would most likely have to have some sort of foreknowledge that their foe is attempting to Izanagi their way out. After all, at least one event would have to be recorded by the sharingan and stored for the purposes of creating the "loop". While a single event looping would be obvious, in a tight-situation, it would alter reality by altering the illusion that the reality is to be replaced by. By accepting, the target is hit. By not accepting, the victim stays within the loop, and the izanagi cannot alter reality as the user sees fit, thus still causing a hit.

This closely timed action would require the sharingan not justs for utilization, but for timing purposes. It would need to be executed immediately during the illusion-reality tranition in order to work.

As a result, Izanagi abusers would predictably use Izanagi whenever things did not go their way, so an Izanami user would have an easy time dealing with them because they could easily predict the usage of Izanagi. On the other hand, a Kabuto-Itachi situation would require an extreme arrogance or similar exploitable flaw in order to capitalize on, something Itachi would have never gotten had Kabuto not been so talkative in the fight.

So unless you use it against an Izanagi user (and you expect them to use Izanagi, so prepare recorded sensations at bare minimum a post before the main event) there is really no practical use for it in SL unless you capitalize on the brief interval in which the target must recognize the loop (hence, longer loops are best on targets who would be made aware of a loop by the looping itself, and not themselves would recognize familiar sensations and believe it an illusion, which in itself is unlikely since the loop doe not necessarily have to be the exact same scenario each time, merely the same sensations, which will be very close to an exact copy) to finish with something that they cannot so relatively easy get out of.

It is not character control like Koto because it does not allow one to control the victim without restraint. It merely forces the target to accept a certain fate, which is hardly a character control that is comparable.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2014, 07:11:33 AM »

Well yeah that's true, but IC how would someone know they were in Izanami? I mean after the loop continues to repeat they can assume they were in a Genjutsu but everyone can't know about the Uchiha's Super genjutsu, can they? And it would also require that the Izanami user known about Izanagi as a general thing, but I mean if you know about one you usually know about the other, I guess.

But I mean the situation sustains that certain people wouldn't know the way out of the Genjutsu, so once they realized they were in a genjutsu they would then have to figure out how to break it, which would give the Genjutsu caster more than enough time to end the individual in question, because they wouldn't have broken the Genjutsu and would be all "mmmuhhh" and all that good stuff.

Unless i'm wrong and am just talking out of the back side.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2014, 05:12:32 PM »

Well yeah that's true, but IC how would someone know they were in Izanami? I mean after the loop continues to repeat they can assume they were in a Genjutsu but everyone can't know about the Uchiha's Super genjutsu, can they? And it would also require that the Izanami user known about Izanagi as a general thing, but I mean if you know about one you usually know about the other, I guess.

But I mean the situation sustains that certain people wouldn't know the way out of the Genjutsu, so once they realized they were in a genjutsu they would then have to figure out how to break it, which would give the Genjutsu caster more than enough time to end the individual in question, because they wouldn't have broken the Genjutsu and would be all "mmmuhhh" and all that good stuff.

Unless i'm wrong and am just talking out of the back side.

Half of the realm consists of Uchiha/sharingan users, almost all who would claim to know about Izanami and the way out of it. Even those not of the sharingan sort might would very well claim knowledge of how to break it.

At least one turn of intentional recording of sensations and events (like, explicitly stated to be doing such) would probably be a pre-requisite for this technique's fair usage.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2014, 09:29:22 PM »

I said I learned it via the 4th Hokage. I didn't say he taught it to me. I gained the rp character along with the account and I rp'd sending Bocchiere information on Hiraishin and Tomi's Rasengan variants. So yes I did actually rp it. It just so happened I was the Tomi at the time. Nice random rant about something that happened somewhere around half a decade ago though. >>;

Rant? lol
I was just making fun.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 04:42:52 PM »

2. Resets in-game DO NOT equal resets in rp. I don't see how clicking for 15 hours straight in the forest has anything to do with your rp skill. Also things like Edo has had over 10 + forum topics made to make it 'legit'. As is Edo Tensei doesn't need any prereqs. It doesn't state any. Kabuto uses it and has no kg (Sage mode kinda), Orochimaru did't. The 2nd Hokage didn't.

I get the impression that you do not have any resets or very few resets.
If you’re new to resetting, it usually takes a week or 2 to get a reset IF you decide to donate the whole time. After a while, it may take as little as a few days. The fastest I have ever seen someone get a reset is 1 whole day. And the whole time, you’re mainly providing your time to DKing, while putting your RL in the backseat. Little to no sleep.

Anyways, proof via in-game resets helped reduce the amount of Sharingan users roaming around. And it’s easy to prove.

Anyone can say that they RP to get this skill, but then where’s the proof? The person would need some type of “documentation”. Anyone can say that they RP to get this skill. It really takes only 4 to 5 posts to require a skill. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it can go like this:

1st post: First time training
2nd post: After a few days of training
3rd post: After a week of training
4th post: After a month of training
5th post: You have acquired this skill

Now that can be done in 15 hours or less. >.>
This relates to what Bocc said earlier.

Anyway...when it came to custom jutsu. Zenaku, Mei, FlamingChaos, Mariko and myself used to chit chat about it. use it on each other, fix this, fix that. and ta dah. New jutsu was born. That was just my zoning circle of buddies. Everyone was doing it that way with their friends too. It worked. We moderated ourselves.

What is needed is sportsman like behavior and manners. IT always comes down to the fit throwing.

these are my rules...

behave
no character control
post before I die....
PLEASE?????

Ah, the good old days. I sure miss them.
And very true. If your zoning friends can accept your custom jutsus, then the general public should be able to as well..unless you’re zoning against a really strict person.

In regards to the Izanami & Izanagi, I do not understand why one would use either at the cost of an eye. You should make the cost a loss of a permanent Sharingan eye IC. >.>

Or…this where resets can help. Since those two are the most powerful techs, I think only a Grandmaster should be able to use it.

Are they really a lot of people using these moves?

I find it interesting that some people are banning Body Replacement technique. I personally only use this move once per fight (if at all) though.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 05:29:35 PM »

Nobody bothers with izanami, one can just say they already know and accept who they are and poof, wasted eye. Izanani though, rare for those with just two eyes, but those who somehow stack more on their body like it. Its basically their get out of death free card after all.

As for kawarimi, its kind of the same as kage bunshin used to be. Basically; oh you thought you hit me? Lolol, I was never there, it was just a kawarimi clone all along. Kawarimi is worse though in the sense that not spotting the swap is equal to admitting your opponent is so much faster you can't see them move at top speed. Only exception is a visual distraction during which you pull it off, but I don't think anybody does that really.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2015, 05:33:39 PM »

Custom jutsu are frowned upon now-a-days? That really blows because Teo's whole moveset was basically custom in a way (but I don't RP anymore, because of all the drama that seems to be tied to RPing these days). Hell, back in the day, everyone had their own custom moves because that was back when there still wasn't a huge selection of moves to pick from in the actual series. And as long as the move wasn't some 'You're Already Dead no Jutsu' and was fair and had rules, it was accepted. If custom moves are really banned, then there's no way I'll ever come back because that's just a big fun limiter.

But back to the topic at hand, honestly, I think the only moves that should be banned (besides the kawarimi because it's cheap as hell. Hell, even clones can be pretty cheap if abused, especially with that body-flicker technique) are those truth-seeking balls. Unless people here now use say that they're the reborn sage of the six paths. Because I could swear that only people who can tap into the sage's powers (so people who are the reborn Indra, Asura, or people who have the ten-tails). Because at that point you're pretty much god-modding in the full aspect of it (because let's admit it, Naruto was basically a god at that point).

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2015, 06:05:47 PM »

Shunshin is the one thing I hate above all else. Everybody treats it like a goddamn teleport, when its only fast speed movement. Hell I've never even truly thought of it as a fast speed movement, just an optic diversion during which you move in their blind angle.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2015, 12:18:58 AM »

Shunshin is the one thing I hate above all else. Everybody treats it like a goddamn teleport, when its only fast speed movement. Hell I've never even truly thought of it as a fast speed movement, just an optic diversion during which you move in their blind angle.

I believe that a whole lot of people confuse shunshin with that thing the 4th hokage did. Technically, he was fast. But that teleportation he did was always a swap with a pre-placed/thrown kunai.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2015, 02:15:35 AM »

I believe that a whole lot of people confuse shunshin with that thing the 4th hokage did. Technically, he was fast. But that teleportation he did was always a swap with a pre-placed/thrown kunai.

It was not a swap, it was a teleport straight to the marked kunai. That was space-time ninjutsu. It would not surprise me one bit if they ever came out that Minato used chakra to enhance his speed so that he could quickly use hiraishin and perform actions with it.

Custom techniques are not banned. Anyone who has seen me fight knows for sure that custom techniques as a whole are not banned. In case you haven't though, 1/2 if not more of my arsenal is custom with only what is left actually canon.

TakaharuChusaki

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2015, 12:43:38 AM »

I think part of the reason people use Shunshin as a teleportation technique is the anime/games for some reason translate it to Teleportation Jutsu. Even Shisui is called 'Shisui of Teleportation' for that matter.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2015, 01:51:31 AM »

Because he's simply so fast it looks like he teleported, even when he actually didn't.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 21 queries.