Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Just an Idea.  (Read 2980 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Just an Idea.
« on: November 02, 2014, 06:52:28 AM »

So to reiterate this is JUST an idea that had come across my mind after reading through the whole, "Lets nerf everyone everywhere" thread, which I can both agree and disagree with, but my topic isn't necessarily about that, It's just an Idea that came through my head as i read the board,

So one of the original points in starting the nerf topic was that new players were getting "swept under the rug" right? This was brought to light with the information that learning proper RP rules/ developing a style could take years, as well as the whole "Resets = Rp" thing, which I do not agree with,

But I think a better way for us (as a ROLEPLAYING site) to decrease the amount of swept under the rug players is to actively regulate actual Senju, Uchiha, Uzumaki, Hyuuga, Nara, Inuzuka, etc etc clans, using the clans to help spawn new players whom wish to be of these decents, and training them up as such, to improve upon Rp legitimacy (as far as KG go) and to help bring up the lower ranking players, as well as giving us higher players something to do, albeit "Slice-of-life" role playing. This -in my opinion- would really help the site in a roleplay manner, and i'm aware that most of these clans already exist, though I think they should be emphasized on, they all be made separate clans even if they operate within a clan, (such as the Senju operating within Konoha, There'd be the Senju clan to regulate actual members of the Senju clan, but they could still rp within Konoha as the home base, i'm sure anyone reading this understands what I mean) This way anyone who wanted to be born an Uchiha or a Senju could actually come to someone and be like "hey can I be born this?" and then an rp could be worked out from there, parents chosen or whatever and the character could be born, rp train to awaken his/her whatever KG, and then train it up as such.

Of course all of this would take active members to accomplish. That's the only way to hold anything together on the site would be rp activity, people gotta get up and get active with stuff if they want to enjoy the rp, we can't just sit around and complain about not enjoying it if nothings really being done in actuality to enjoy this site.

I personally love this site. It's a really good way to bring out one's imagination and forms of expression and I wouldn't want to nerf that, I feel like there are ways outside of nerfing to bring up the community, and that is the community. We'd have to come together and actually become active lol.

I mean, maybe i'm just rambling. but I feel like an idea such as this would work out, or could be improved upon and implemented, of course that would be up to us as a community to decide, which would be the point of the forum.. so here I am!

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Just an Idea.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 07:01:41 AM »

Players swept under the rug? New players you mean? There are leaders for all the clans listed either they are inactive or just hold the leader title for the sake of holding it. So you'll have to talk to those people about helping others who are swept under the rug. Even then both sides are to blame. Neither side really attempts to contact one another.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 07:06:21 AM »

Yeah I know what you mean.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 02:46:33 PM »

As leader of the Nara Clan (or former leader I guess, since Jestar is technically in charge now), I can mention that i have certainly made mitakes in helping out newcomers to the clan. A Kusa branch used to exist, and one of their members asked me if they could make omething similar to shadow migration.

I said "sure", and when they actually RP'd out what they had in mind in an attack on Konoha, hell broke loose. I blame myself mostly, as it would have been easier for both parties had they just used my variant, which had already been fleshed out and, overall, accepted by that particular community.

However, they were from Kusa, so I was not too keen on actually giving them my technique. The knock-off version caused some fuss because it could use shadows that were not even connected to each other, and because it was so similar to my shadow migration.

I am not sure that branch exists anymore, and I feel kind of terrible with how that went down. I missed out on a real opportunity there, but village competition made it rather difficult to work with them IC to develop this, which probably woudl have helped cut down on the hullaboo.

Frankly, blurring village boundaries altogether might would be very helpful if this plan were to be implemented.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 11:43:15 PM »

We would need people like you as staples in this plan because you're an active player AND an active Nara, you could get the current in charge and you guys could set up the "Nara clan list" to list who is officially apart of the clan and who isn't, things like that

SokuTakori

• Reason is a slave to the passions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 05:20:16 PM »

I'm relatively new to this game but even I understand the importance of having veterans teach the new players. I can tell based on reading RPs and OOC conversations in the clan halls that this game has a rich history, and I already find joy in playing it ever day. I think new players could really get into it if they had some guidance from the older players from the start so they can really learn the basics of becoming really good role-players. I'm going based off of what I've read in this post, but I like the concept of having a more official Academy run by more experienced players. Maybe it's been said before, and maybe I'm just rambling but I believe this game could be incredible if the newer players were just as involved as the vets. I know I want to be.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 11:05:59 PM »

^ that's the kind of people we need.

Also, is there an Akimichi clan as of now?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 12:04:52 AM »

I do not think that new players leaving or not feeling involved enough or whatever is the problem or results of actions of veteran players. I simply think that a lot of the new generation is just lazy perhaps.

All use vets had to start somewhere. We were not handed a free ride... I think it is just that they generation that comes now may not have that drive and dedication like we had perhaps.

I know I will get thrown under the bus for saying this and backed over but it is true. They see how the manga is these days and they want to be like that right of the bat. I think that is the down fall. I don't blame the vets at all I blame the new players themselves.

IF you want to be apart of something and want to get better then you will work at it and do so. There is only one way to get better and that is to simple get to rping. No one should have to take you by the hand and say come on lets go. You should want to yourself. There are plenty to rp with at SL. People will zone with you and all. So what you lose some deal with it learn from your mistakes that is the best way anyways not be taught by someone. But no one wants to lose thus they would rather just give up and blame the world.

I never had anyone take me in when I came to SL. Never had a rp teacher, took my 2 years of leveling to reach Sannin level in oro kills. Merely had to bust my ass everyday. Somehow I got better... I found something I wanted and I strove to make it come true. I had a vision a goal, to be the best guardian Konoha has ever had not for myself but for the village.

In other words I had a goal and I feel this generation lacks the goals needed. Not a goal any of us can put in them but one they have to determine for themselves.

Remember a village's Kage is just as important as its Genin. For a village to function it must have all parts working... much like an ecosystem. Even the small creatures pay tribute to keeping things going. If you are a new player bare that in mind. Never think because you are new that you are on the lower end. You are equal to even the greats... thus take pride and honor in what you are. Every great was once a noob, every mighty tree once a seed. You may not get those grand battle and all right of the bat but there are things you can do. You just have to take it upon yourself to do them.

SokuTakori

• Reason is a slave to the passions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 04:27:14 PM »

I see what you mean Uetto. Newer players who don't put in any effort to be involved shouldn't be mouth fed. If they don't care then trying to help them would amount to nothing, but would guidance be meaningless if it was for the players who actually wanted to get involved, and become something great? For the most part, everything I know about roleplaying came from just doing it and emulating people who create really descriptive and enjoyable story and action. Darkshinobi is the first example I could think of. Anyways, I guess my point is that players who have been around for a while have more valuable information to offer than the game's F.A.Q, but I do believe that if people want to learn more they have to put some effort in as well from the get go.

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 05:25:00 AM »

So to reiterate this is JUST an idea that had come across my mind after reading through the whole, "Lets nerf everyone everywhere" thread, which I can both agree and disagree with, but my topic isn't necessarily about that, It's just an Idea that came through my head as i read the board,

So one of the original points in starting the nerf topic was that new players were getting "swept under the rug" right? This was brought to light with the information that learning proper RP rules/ developing a style could take years, as well as the whole "Resets = Rp" thing, which I do not agree with,

But I think a better way for us (as a ROLEPLAYING site) to decrease the amount of swept under the rug players is to actively regulate actual Senju, Uchiha, Uzumaki, Hyuuga, Nara, Inuzuka, etc etc clans, using the clans to help spawn new players whom wish to be of these decents, and training them up as such, to improve upon Rp legitimacy (as far as KG go) and to help bring up the lower ranking players, as well as giving us higher players something to do, albeit "Slice-of-life" role playing. This -in my opinion- would really help the site in a roleplay manner, and i'm aware that most of these clans already exist, though I think they should be emphasized on, they all be made separate clans even if they operate within a clan, (such as the Senju operating within Konoha, There'd be the Senju clan to regulate actual members of the Senju clan, but they could still rp within Konoha as the home base, i'm sure anyone reading this understands what I mean) This way anyone who wanted to be born an Uchiha or a Senju could actually come to someone and be like "hey can I be born this?" and then an rp could be worked out from there, parents chosen or whatever and the character could be born, rp train to awaken his/her whatever KG, and then train it up as such.

Of course all of this would take active members to accomplish. That's the only way to hold anything together on the site would be rp activity, people gotta get up and get active with stuff if they want to enjoy the rp, we can't just sit around and complain about not enjoying it if nothings really being done in actuality to enjoy this site.

I personally love this site. It's a really good way to bring out one's imagination and forms of expression and I wouldn't want to nerf that, I feel like there are ways outside of nerfing to bring up the community, and that is the community. We'd have to come together and actually become active lol.

I mean, maybe i'm just rambling. but I feel like an idea such as this would work out, or could be improved upon and implemented, of course that would be up to us as a community to decide, which would be the point of the forum.. so here I am!

This makes soooo much sense. OMG this is exactly how I feel, not like there should be more restrictions..but to actually have someone be an Uchiha or an Uzumaki to have Uchiha or Uzumaki clan traits would be awesome. An not have a non-clanned person "awakening" sharingan but claiming to be senju. Or someone owning two senju parents but "awakening" sharingan. Or someone with a sharingan implant but wielding it with very little drawbacks as if it were their own from the beginning. Or someone using one-handed handseals because that's what they want there characters to do. What I find alot of shinobi doing is giving themselves so many strengths that they've barely got weaknesses. So alot of fights I read consists of purely S-ranked jutsu and or Sage Modes/Susanoo etc etc. Man you said this all so perfectly. All I'm saying it'll be nice to see an Uchiha with two elements, or a Nara with two elements, and not all 5 or 4/5. I understand the resets really do mean something. Or for actual combat to consist of a well-written taijutsu sequence or sequences and it's not all pow pow, boom boom a point-black firing of a mega super-duper ninjutsu. Also any Ototon or "sound users" should be shot. Yes, shot. Lol don't mind me, I'm totally just ranting right now, and I know if you check Rinn's profile you'd be like such a hypocrite. This guy has sharingan, mangekyou sharingan, and the Rinnegan! But it's only because I've grown to realize my character would stand, and in my honest opinion because of my rp-style still might not stand a very good chance vs one of the more higher tier/well-known roleplayers.

I also like that you've made mention of the treatment of new players. I have to be honest if it wasn't for the help that I literally had to pursue Rakudo for and later Tsuyo I would not have been playing today because when I first joined the game the players who were here were not very helpful at all. I'll never forget Nathan taking the time to mail me and explain how to post using ";" then I got a handle. Everything I know I had to learn through inquiring.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 09:13:59 AM »

I like that idea of having an RP academy. o.o
With weekly posts of 'lessons'/rules/examples to be learned from.
That would be nice.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 06:11:46 AM »

Grand ideas.  :D
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.