Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Kamui and Susanoo?  (Read 2370 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
Kamui and Susanoo?
« on: November 18, 2014, 06:53:43 PM »

As seen when Kakashi gained Obito's chakra and Sharingan, Kakashi was able to manifest the perfect Susuanoo.

The way I have always known it to be RP'ed is this: You can have Kamui OR Susanoo/Amaterasu/Tsuki.

I personally think we should keep it that way, but I have seen some people trying to claim both since the manga showed Kakashi doing it. What do you all think?
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Kamui and Susanoo?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 07:46:46 PM »

The "sets" of jutsu as I see them are Kamui and Susano'o or Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Susano'o.

Personally I have no issue with people having Kamui and Susano'o as I have always found Susano'o to be a jutsu that is more cool than useful. Again that is my personal opinion as against me using Susano'o is the same as just taking your chakra pool and lighting it on fire, you gain nothing of any particular value and it costs MASSIVE amounts of chakra to sustain.

It was always rp'd that you do not get Susano'o with Kamui because we did not know that you could. A pair of Mangekyo with Kamui had never been brought together in the manga until recently. Before  then it was implied that Susano'o was tied to the Ama/Tsuku set of techniques. Personally I had hoped that Kamui would get it's own third ability, a trump akin to Susano'o but totally different. Sadly that was not the case.

Anyway, I'm kind of rambling now. In short, my vote would be that yes you can have Kamui and Susan.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 09:37:15 PM »

The "sets" of jutsu as I see them are Kamui and Susano'o or Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Susano'o.

Personally I have no issue with people having Kamui and Susano'o as I have always found Susano'o to be a jutsu that is more cool than useful. Again that is my personal opinion as against me using Susano'o is the same as just taking your chakra pool and lighting it on fire, you gain nothing of any particular value and it costs MASSIVE amounts of chakra to sustain.

It was always rp'd that you do not get Susano'o with Kamui because we did not know that you could. A pair of Mangekyo with Kamui had never been brought together in the manga until recently. Before  then it was implied that Susano'o was tied to the Ama/Tsuku set of techniques. Personally I had hoped that Kamui would get it's own third ability, a trump akin to Susano'o but totally different. Sadly that was not the case.

Anyway, I'm kind of rambling now. In short, my vote would be that yes you can have Kamui and Susan.

Huh, well I don't mind changing my preferences or anything, I was just a bit curious as to what others thought.

Susanoo can be useful if applied correctly, same as any other technique but I know where you are coming from.

You could always make a custom third technique that is opposed to Susanoo? I would be interested as to what ideas would be created with that idea in mind.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 02:27:45 AM »

Huh, well I don't mind changing my preferences or anything, I was just a bit curious as to what others thought.

Susanoo can be useful if applied correctly, same as any other technique but I know where you are coming from.

You could always make a custom third technique that is opposed to Susanoo? I would be interested as to what ideas would be created with that idea in mind.

In the series, Kamui and susano'o apparently were compatible (not to mention a non-Uchiha used it no less, and perfect form in the first try) but if a third trump for Kamui had to be invented, perhaps the ability to travel between the world of the living and the dead? However useful that might be?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 04:35:26 AM »

In the series, Kamui and susano'o apparently were compatible (not to mention a non-Uchiha used it no less, and perfect form in the first try) but if a third trump for Kamui had to be invented, perhaps the ability to travel between the world of the living and the dead? However useful that might be?

If we could to/fro from "the land of the dead" with time-space jutsu, then it doesn't sound like anything would stop us from using Kamui to just resurrect dead people, bypassing techniques like Edo Tensei. I see that turning into a mess, quickly.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 05:08:08 AM »

I think we talked about this when the chapter came out and when it was made canon that Shisui could use Susanoo too. If you've got the Mangekyou in both eyes, then you've unlocked Susanoo.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 05:31:34 AM »

If we could to/fro from "the land of the dead" with time-space jutsu, then it doesn't sound like anything would stop us from using Kamui to just resurrect dead people, bypassing techniques like Edo Tensei. I see that turning into a mess, quickly.

Uuuh, no, it doesn't quite work like that. The land of the dead has primarily souls. It is a transient place, one that Obito could visit and travel through without having a body. You could bring the soul back, but without a vessel, it would just travel back to the Pure World. Seal it in a vessel, and THEN you could maybe bypass techniques like Edo Tensei, which function on a similar principle (by bringing back the soul and binding it to the vessel encased in the ninjutsu body transformation) that can/have been bypassed already without the ingenuity of making a seal to bind the dead to a newly reinvigorated body.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 06:36:46 AM »

Uuuh, no, it doesn't quite work like that. The land of the dead has primarily souls. It is a transient place, one that Obito could visit and travel through without having a body. You could bring the soul back, but without a vessel, it would just travel back to the Pure World. Seal it in a vessel, and THEN you could maybe bypass techniques like Edo Tensei, which function on a similar principle (by bringing back the soul and binding it to the vessel encased in the ninjutsu body transformation) that can/have been bypassed already without the ingenuity of making a seal to bind the dead to a newly reinvigorated body.

Totally forgot about when Obito did that. My bad, Eric.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 06:46:47 AM »

"Finally, using Kamui, Obito can briefly warp himself from the after-life into the world of the living."

Haha. Ha. No.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 07:07:06 AM »

I feel like Kamui and Susano'o are fine, I use Susano'o with my Kamui, I just don't spam it. And like was previously stated as long as you have Mangekyo in both eyes you've got Susano'o, cause everyone had different set ups

Itachi - Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi
Sasuke - Amaterasu, Kagutsuchi
Shisui - Kotoamatsukami
Madara - I don't think they ever actually said what Madara's were? I might be wrong, I missed a bunch of stuff in the manga and am catching up on the anime, so while I know most everything that i happened i may have not seen some stuff yet.

But anyway yeah i don't think Susano'o Kamui isn't really even that much of a problem. Except for the Kamui shuriken ;D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:19:46 AM by Ichirou Senju »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 05:45:46 PM »

Even that is just regular Kamui but with an added travel time. >>

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 12:18:04 AM »

I am aware of that,

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 15 queries.