Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: A public service announcement  (Read 2218 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
A public service announcement
« on: November 21, 2014, 03:31:05 AM »

I have gone about sending a message to all of the village leaders about a movement that I, alongside a majority of Konohagakure, are starting in an attempt to make the site a better place.

This is the message:

Hello, my name is Rusaku and I would like to discuss something the whole community is aware of. There is a player on this site who, in my humble opinion, is causing a grotesque amount of toxicity in the realm of SL and I would like to discuss a way to put it to an end to it.   

Bocchiere: a name that has stuck out in our minds for the duration of the time we have devoted to this site that unfortunately brings a negative connotation.

Words like toxic, nuisance, headache, and the occasional jerk have been attributed to his image. I think a majority of players agree that even before his time as the Kyuubi's Jinchuriki, he has plagued this domain with arrogance and self-appointed entitlement, which has gotten him Perma-banned by the site owner, Neji, once before.

Now, he has returned from something I like to call, “The Calm”. To all of the Final Fantasy X fans out there, we will compare Bocchiere to Sin (not to be confused with Satan himself), and SL as Spira. He continuously comes, does as he pleases without regard to anyone but himself and now has let the Kyuubi go straight to his head. Now, he thinks he is above judgment and the rules that apply to the rest of us. This simply cannot be.

Today, we begin the campaign to end the misery and the plagued reign of Bocchiere; removing him from his self-appointed throne and to take this place back to somewhere that logic dictates decisions. A place where complaining about something in the forums won't result in a favorable outcome for just one person/party. A place where we can all Rp in peace without the playground bully taking our toys and kicking sand in our faces. Today is the day, the day to be rid of Bocchiere once and for all.

As you all may know, Bocc has been gaining quite the reputation for making Rp unenjoyable for a large portion of the players on this site. Without any second thought he will kill off your character in a questionable way. The moment you attempt to give a counter argument, you are met with insults to your intelligence and constant undermining, sarcastic comments. To add insult to injury, he will give you the “I RP what I want, so I am going to RP you dead” excuse. Now as I am sure you are aware, this utterly ruins RP for a massive amount of people. Because of the two worlds created from that one decision, everyone must choose what world they want to RP in. That decision in and of itself conflicts with interactions regarding all parties involved.

Not only does he ruin RP, he is, as previously mentioned “a schoolyard bully kicking sand in our faces” the moment he realizes you have something he wants. While there is nothing wrong with being a “go getter”, Bocc does it in a matter where it is unpleasant and volatile for all parties involved. This is proven time and time again when he gets into an altercation with someone with an opposing opinion. A prime example can be the Kirigakure incident, with its 6 month long arguments that lead to nothing but a voided battle and a lot of salt.

Here is a quote from a player preferring to remain anonymous, who is particularly fed up with his behavior:

“Bocchiere's innate tendency to take RP way too seriously leads to more out of character fights than necessary. I was in a fight with him over a claimed technique for goodness sake, and it was all because I neglected to message him and ask him to put my name on there; that was the only reason he wouldn't allow me to claim it as well despite my having it before him. So, not only does he tend to ruin [a] perfectly good zone or roleplay by becoming unbelievably intolerable, he also ruins the off-site wiki. [H]is hubris attitude is what gets him in the most attitude.”

I, backed by the entire village of Konohagakure and a plethora of other players, believe that in order to end the injustice that is plaguing this site, we need to band together and void Bocc from every aspect of RP. A simple countermeasure that would require little to no effort on our parts. With enough following, his Bijuu would be stripped from him and he would be cast out. This would be incredibly beneficial to the entire site, as we would finally be able to get into a zone fight without fear of those crimson letters appearing in our message box or in the zone with hateful messages and actions.

Other sites do not allow such actions to go without reprimand, why should we?

Now, some may think this is a start of a hate campaign, and it is not. I am simply informing others of the situation I, and others, feel needs to be addressed and the way we feel it can be solved.

If you agree with this, then in my eyes you are taking a step in the right direction to making this site a better place. If you do not agree with me, I will not judge you or hate you all of a sudden. We are each allowed our own opinions even if others disagree with it.

If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Re: A public service announcement
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 03:44:21 AM »

Even though I'm currently in RP hibernation, what Rusaku said in this post hits home and rings true on a ton of points. And the "two worlds" thing is sorta the biggest problem out of all of this...a ton of plot loops and what not. Unfortunately, while I'll void Bocc since I'm associated with Konoha, Bocc can continue to RP since he's not banned from this game. Only Neji can restrain him from doing that.

Albeit, to a majority of us voiding him, he'll still be rping in the SL universe. I guess, we'll be rping in another alternative universe...I dunno...Legends of Shinobi? I'll start making names on the get go.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 03:49:36 AM by Genesis »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 04:36:14 AM »

I don't think banning one person will solve the problems of SL that is just my thoughts though. Perhaps if you all would actually beat Bocc you would bring him down a level. Seems to me you make him out to be unbeatable or something therefor you must ban him to win.

It truly makes me laugh as I see this as a sign of fearing him rp wise more than OOC wise.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 04:57:57 AM »

Doesn't a house dived against itself not stand?

Bad enough the community is divided as it is, leaving those to either associate with Robert and his characters or you choose not to.

I just don't think Robert even cares and just does his own thing with his characters, freely ignoring the community division that was caused by his own actions.

Quote from: Kayenta
As far as perma-bans go...he served his time, Neji let him back.

Errrrr...no. Neji never unbanned the Taumaster account to this day and it eventually got deleted.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 05:25:31 AM »

So the short story is Rusaku barged into an rp of mine, tried to kill me, failed, and now that I am doing the same thing to his character I need to be voided from rp.

A few days ago you asked me for help making a Kekkei Tota and I gladly helped you. Now that I want to give you just desserts for trying to kill me I'm a plague to the world.

You're beyond ridiculous.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 05:35:10 AM »

Get good.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 05:36:36 AM »

I don't think banning one person will solve the problems of SL that is just my thoughts though. Perhaps if you all would actually beat Bocc you would bring him down a level. Seems to me you make him out to be unbeatable or something therefor you must ban him to win.

It truly makes me laugh as I see this as a sign of fearing him rp wise more than OOC wise.
I'm still standing my ground on the fact we are not scared of him. It's more of we don't want to put up with 6 months of arguing over a single attack or use of a jutsu. Or for example claiming someone is dead when everyone else says they are not *Cough* Manji *Cough*

Rule #2 of the site...
2. Be nice to each other. Harassment, stalking and other such things will not be tolerated. Your freedom ends when another players freedom is harmed, basically. There is no catalog on what exactly is covered, but a fine invention called 'commonsense' should give you a few hints on what is allowed and what not.
I find it funny that you would bring up this rule, considering I have taken this rule to the mods before with Bocc's behavior towards the other players, yet nothing was done.

Doesn't a house dived against itself not stand?

Bad enough the community is divided as it is, leaving those to either associate with Robert and his characters or you choose not to.

I just don't think Robert even cares and just does his own thing with his characters, freely ignoring the community division that was caused by his own actions.

Quote from: Kayenta
As far as perma-bans go...he served his time, Neji let him back.

Errrrr...no. Neji never unbanned the Taumaster account to this day and it eventually got deleted.

While this is true, the world is already divided massively. Even more so with Manji being claimed dead. It would be better in my opinion to try and work together to mend those rifts by getting rid of what created them.
So the short story is Rusaku barged into an rp of mine, tried to kill me, failed, and now that I am doing the same thing to his character I need to be voided from rp.

A few days ago you asked me for help making a Kekkei Tota and I gladly helped you. Now that I want to give you just desserts for trying to kill me I'm a plague to the world.

You're beyond ridiculous.

We have been putting this idea together before you even had the nine tails, so no this is not out of the blue. You coming into my RP with Athos has nothing to do with this. Your behavior is what brought this, nothing more nothing less. 

And once more you act as if this is me alone who is coming up with the plan to get rid of a toxic player. This is a group effort by several people so you can go ahead and keep the personal attacks to a minimum.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 05:52:08 AM »

Maybe there is something missing here. Shinobi Legends is supposed to be fun, time away from the Real World, someplace us crazy naruto fanatics and others can come together and enjoy. Honestly I'm feeling this 'plague' is not Bocchiere just the whole vibe of people nowadays in general. So much hate here and there not IC; not at all everyone's smiling and being so kind and generous, but OOCly is a whole other story.

I've crossed paths with Bocch-man and sure he's tried to kill me in ways that made me think damn you!! But in all its our choice to really RP with him, you, anyone in any sense. Now lets say you don't want to RP with him, don't! (Although you have been trying to get into his 'world' so to say) SL isn't defined by RP, thus there can be literally a world for each player, just if they decide to interact with eachother they have a 'shared world'. SL doesn't have strictly defining RP rules and regulations like it should to handle matters like this, just its community base.

I personally tend to stay away from everyone, but I enjoy RPing with certain individuals, especially sticking with Otogakure as my safe village. Certainly there are characters in the realm I specifically stay away from and it works. Though if people are going to Role Play with eachother, they really need to understand that being rude doesn't work when dealing with people. Let alone being rude to a person who is trying to enjoy their time on the same site the both of ye are on! If someone is specifically targeting your character to kill said character out of spite, you have all means by the power invested in you to void that ill-intended nin out of your characters RP life.

Also as Kayenta expertly said before!
Ignore the bad behavior of others ....truly ignore it...do not respond to hate when it is hurled at you and continue to carry on with your play as though nothing was hindering you.

Because what stops you from doing as you wish to? Truly?

Nothing. not a thing...that you do not permit to occur.

I can have a very raw talent of not caring. In my perceptive I think to myself, would it really be worth it at the end of the day to just bash someone with insults online trying to prove a point, nah man. I'd rather RP thats kinda why I'm still here on SL I enjoy my characters in their fantasy shinobi land. Its been like my home on the interwebs. :P
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:01:25 AM by Keito Uzumaki »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 06:17:36 AM »

Manji came and attacked Iwa announced with a group of people, making no effort to plan an rp out with me or anyone in Akatsuki/Iwagakure. He got made and yelled and swore at me because I was telling him how my villages defenses worked and how he was using my own custom jutsu incorrectly. Trev suddenly got an offer and sold his account and so then his entire side voids themselves out of the rp, completely wasting all of our time.

An attack from Kirk had killed him and he god modded to avoid it, Kirk agreed to let him. I told him that's fine, rp with Kirk obviously he doesn't mind, but I find that to be god mod. If you want to rp with me or challenge me for the 9 tails show me an rp where someone revives you, it would be pathetically easy for him to do.

I'm literally doing what you guys are incapable of doing. Telling someone I do not like their rp and will not rp with them if they continue that behavior.

You are beyond hypocritical. Your entire effort to kill me this past month was based off something that you knew before you even did the rp that I would not accept. You threw yourself into my face, forced me to rp with you doing something that I did not accept and then you have the nerve to tell me that I'm going around ruining peoples rp.

Whose rp am I ruining exactly? I hardly do anything. The Jinchuriki who I've stripped for not being able to make posts in the span of weeks and weeks or months? Kamui? Because I tried to kill him with the blood he accepted me having in a previous rp? You and your clique because I refuse to accept the garbage you throw in the face of me and my clan members?

If you guys don't want to rp with me then don't I certainly have no interest in rping with you. I made one effort to rp with Konoha because I thought the storyline of attempting to overthrow Nathan and install Eric as Hokage as he should all rights be would be interesting. However an apparent inability for any sort of successful communication to happen sunk it before it even occurred.

I spent weeks talking to Nathan trying to start that godforsaken rp. Every time we seemed to agree on something I would then come back to find out you guys had changed your mind, or actually we meant this, this is not what you thought it was, I said this oh but I meant this. Again and again and again and again. I said stop, we do it or we don't and you guys decided not to do it and it was done.

Yet it was AFTER that entire debacle that you try and kill me, and after that that Tsuyo comes and bumrushes my villages.

I tried to rp with Konoha as a whole ONE TIME since I've been back. I did one rp with Dark and Tomomi before hand because they are friends of mine and people openly said it was one of the best rp's they had seen on SL. This was in spite of the fact that when I first began the rp in Konoha I was flamed to hell and back by the population at large for attempting to do an rp with my friends.

You guys keep THROWING yourselves at ME, and then complain because you don't like the results. Here's a crazy idea for you. Stop.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 06:29:16 AM »

... Now, some may think this is a start of a hate campaign, and it is not. I am simply informing others of the situation I, and others, feel needs to be addressed and the way we feel it can be solved.

If you agree with this, then in my eyes you are taking a step in the right direction to making this site a better place. If you do not agree with me, I will not judge you or hate you all of a sudden. We are each allowed our own opinions even if others disagree with it.

I think Konoha REALLY could have chosen a better spokesperson. So you state that this is not a hate campaign, and yet, you clearly stated that in your eyes, his riddance would make SL a better place. It's mildly contradictory when you think about it.

Regardless, I want to see the "army" that has the balls to actually carry this out. Because frankly, if you intend on voiding Bocc, I suggest you void anyone who refuses to void him, and let the game continue. If that's the way things have to be, then that is simply the way they have to be. There is no stopping the determined ones of either side unless they both break the rules and are punished for it.

I was the object of such a campaign at one time.

So...yeah. I think this smacks of mob mentality and hate mongering and I will not support it...

Kayenta is not amused by this topic (I don't think anyone is really). But because she said "mob mentality" I just figured I would joke with this meme in the spirit of things:
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 11:26:15 AM »

Yet from what I heard from Konoha people that's not the story at all, that it was you among other Akatsuki more or less trying to just effectively ignore key details like their defenses among other things. Dunno, we'd have to ask them about it, I haven't talked to any of them much after they almost collectively started ignoring me so I didn't pry too much when I was told about it.

Be that as it may though, something I find quite amusing, you and others suddenly just decided to start avoiding the fact you bypassed the perma ban and kinda just got away with it without even a slap on the wrist >>; so how about you do the same as you're demanding of Rusaku and others and can it with the insults, accusations et cetera? And same deal with you Konoha, tag along with Kirk and go obliterate Bocchi or something if he's such an unbearable pain in your backside, a thread like this (although it may have its points) isn't ultimately gonna accomplish anything besides more toxicity and hypocrisy beyond belief.

So yah, I suggest we just stop this right here.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 11:35:45 AM »

Good on you.

That is plainly false, I asked permission to return as Bocchiere and it was granted by moderators. I'm not the one making topics like this on the forum, I've already reported it, and also suggest that the topic be ended, and locked.

I have no desire to interact with Konoha, if they don't want to rp with me than the problem has solved itself.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 11:46:17 AM »

Also not true from what I heard, but seeing as not a things been done about it by now its pointless to argue, lol.

Camel or whoever, lock this nonsense already.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 16 queries.