Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Can Kgs be trained?  (Read 1619 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Can Kgs be trained?
« on: November 27, 2014, 07:54:24 AM »

Just wondering, but can Kekkai Genkai's be trained to individuals who have mastered the respective elements required? I only ask this because Mu had taught Ohnoki the Dust Release, which as well as know is a Kekkai Touta, so I wonder if it stands to reason that Genkais could be taught as well, or what?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Can Kgs be trained?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 08:03:26 AM »

Just wondering, but can Kekkai Genkai's be trained to individuals who have mastered the respective elements required? I only ask this because Mu had taught Ohnoki the Dust Release, which as well as know is a Kekkai Touta, so I wonder if it stands to reason that Genkais could be taught as well, or what?

No they can't, that's one of their basic facets.

It's just never really explained how KT's work.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 08:05:28 AM »

It just doesn't make sense that the advanced version of the Kekkai Genkai could be taught, but not the Kekkai Genkai, unless part of the advancement was that it could be taught?

What are the SL rules on training Kekkai Tota?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 08:08:28 AM »

It just doesn't make sense that the advanced version of the Kekkai Genkai could be taught, but not the Kekkai Genkai, unless part of the advancement was that it could be taught?

You're making the assumption that the Tsuchikage do not all belong to a single bloodline.

I think the wiki rule was that you had to replace your Sage Art resets for a KT until you got all 6, then it was free.

For me I just say take that for free or an elemental KG. As long as you're claiming something thats interesting and not just OP like Nuclear Bomb Release. Or Radiation Release >_> Don't know why people keep trying to do that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 08:13:33 AM »

You're making the assumption that the Tsuchikage do not all belong to a single bloodline.

I think the wiki rule was that you had to replace your Sage Art resets for a KT until you got all 6, then it was free.

For me I just say take that for free or an elemental KG. As long as you're claiming something thats interesting and not just OP like Nuclear Bomb Release. Or Radiation Release >_> Don't know why people keep trying to do that.

Those wiki rules sound whack.  :-?

I concur with the replacing it with elemental KG.

You see, having skill or great mastery in an element does not per say allow you to use the KG. Having both be your natural affinity is (your natural affinity is not defined as earth + water, but just wood for ease of language.

You can learn and become very skilled in a variety of elements, but you will always be more adept at your natural affinity when compared to a non-natural affinity that you have in your arsenal.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 08:15:44 AM »

I see I see, So am I entitled to a Kekkai Touta? I'm a little lost on that aspect..

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 11:49:53 AM »

I see I see, So am I entitled to a Kekkai Touta? I'm a little lost on that aspect..

I don't think the word "entitled" is the right one to use for KT, but the idea is similar. It is much like a KG in claims from what I understand.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 01:16:28 PM »

I think the whole entitlement to Kekkei Tota thing is kinda silly. Though if we're playing that game, then I would suggest that Kekkei Tota would be less-composed, and because of that, would take more time to use than Elemental Kekkei Genkai.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 09:31:11 PM »

I actually hadn't intended on getting a KT, because I feel like my character is good to go now, I don't feel the need to keeping adding on, But I was just wondering how the system worked for the KTs, I know some people on the site had switched to a more nerfed down system that allowed KTs under specific rules and everything,

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 09:43:53 PM »

I know they had a 'new game plus' system for a while, where once you got 16 resets you were given a free KT. I heard things got a little...interesting with KT's after that. A lot of unfavorable things were created so that system may have been abandoned. I created my own KT not to long ago, under the New Game Plus system but it's not nearly as crazy as some KG out there now. I feel like if you can come up with something interesting on your own without it being OP as all get out (And not a carbon copy of someone else's KT or Dust release) then you are fine to do whatever.

As for KG being trainable? On SL, no way. Though a few friends of mine came up with a theory that they can be trained with enough time and skill, but it was just us coming up with weird ideas and thoughts. 

The way I see it, Mu was related to that ole fence sitter, because it makes no real sense why you need a blood relation to mix two elements, but not 3. Though that does not matter because it has never been shown one way or another. Unless Kishimoto is like "Oh yeah they are related." Then you don't need the same blood. 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »

Basically put from the wikia;
It's possible that these techniques are not genetic, as Ōnoki stated that his master, Mū, passed the secrets of Dust Release on to him,[2] though it is unknown whether the two share any familial relations.
Where as KG is simply upon your bloodline (everyone apparently has everything now a days...)
Kekkei genkai and their related techniques cannot be taught to or copied by others. However, these techniques can be given to others. Dōjutsu, or other kekkei genkai isolated to a single organ, can be transplanted into the body of another, as was done with transferring Obito's Sharingan to Kakashi.
I still find it rather interesting we have so many shinobi that posses a great mix of combined Kekkei Genkai into their person.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 09:55:51 PM by Keito Uzumaki »

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.