Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I'm not having this.  (Read 3551 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: I'm not having this.
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 01:59:53 PM »

Ah I understand.

But I believe you misinterpret the intention of that rule.

It is the host does not have to accept the challenge, but he can if he wishes to.

It was made to keep harassment of hosts down to a minimum. To let the host have some variety and not have to reface the same challenger right away if they did not want to.

I suppose it should be amended to say a host does not have to accept the challenge but may if they wish to. It is like the 2 weeks grace period. You do not have to accept a match as a new host but you can if you like.

That would probably be better if that was the intention, since as it is written now, anyone being held up by the ongoing match could reasonably petition for it to be prematurely ended, since it should not have been initiated in the first place.

It needs to be written out, as just intention alone leaves it open to interpretation. Which can sometimes be a bad thing.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 07:52:07 PM »

Sorry if I am off-topic with this question, but someone mind explaining to me how a Jinchuuriki is able to maintain a contract over a bijuu? Isn't this a literal paradox, we're speaking of? Considering that once you're at terms with your bijuu and gain all your tails for Bijuu Chakura Modo; It's basically like you two are best buddies.

On the other hand, maintaining a contract over a bijuu is the complete opposite and in accordance to the summon's rules, that specific bijuu will hate you till the ends of the earth; It will even try to kill it's summoner once the contract is broken.

As for some of the bijuu/summon rules, I feel that it needs some more work to plug up all the current loopholes; This also applies to Edo Tensei as well.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 07:59:11 PM »

Sorry if I am off-topic with this question, but someone mind explaining to me how a Jinchuuriki is able to maintain a contract over a bijuu? Isn't this a literal paradox, we're speaking of? Considering that once you're at terms with your bijuu and gain all your tails for Bijuu Chakura Modo; It's basically like you two are best buddies.

On the other hand, maintaining a contract over a bijuu is the complete opposite and in accordance to the summon's rules, that specific bijuu will hate you till the ends of the earth; It will even try to kill it's summoner once the contract is broken.

As for some of the bijuu/summon rules, I feel that it needs some more work to plug up all the current loopholes; This also applies to Edo Tensei as well.

I hate to be short in length, but the answer is simply that the tailed beast has no other choice. You have to keep the tailed beast constantly under a genjutsu, so even IF it were to know how to break the contract, as long as you have it under your control, it will not be permitted to just break the contract.

Consider this. Orochimaru could restrain Tobirama using Hashi's cells, so even if Tobirama wanted to break the contract, Oro would attempt to stop him from doing so.

You only come to terms and gain tails in the way you're speaking of with a tailed beast sealed within you. A tailed beast you keep on the side to summon to battle does not give your character jinch benefits.

Anything else that needs to be plugged while we're on the topic?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 05:42:34 AM »

I'm unclear as to what issues exist.

And I do intend to give the bijuu to other people at some point. Once someone can earn one. I don't want to be fielding the non-existent challenges for all these bijuu forever.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 07:44:09 AM »

Well I suppose if you want to plug things you could try to plug my mouth? I still don't like the bijuu as a summons. Even more so now than ever before seeing as activity is at an all time low. Nor do I feel that people who are leaving the site should retain their bijuu. They need to be in the hands of people who will actively RP here. GO out and create things to do. I really expected the Jinchuuriki to be acting like GMs rather than like little dragons holding up on a pile of gold to be guarded.

But that is just me I guess. Every bijuu that is not in a host is just being wasted, in my opinion. In an active host interested in keeping SL alive, not just having a pretty bio.

I said "need" to be plugged. Your mouth does not need to be plugged.

I don't understand, how can someone who is leaving the site retain their biju? They could hand it off to someone else and retrieve it later if someone still has it, but the in itself one cannot leave the site for an extended period of time and have their character retain the beast during that time, in theory anyways.

Correct me if I am wrong Kayenta, but I think you have more of an issue with a jinch having a summonable tailed beast than with a shinobi having a summonable tailed beast, period? Again, correct if I am wrong and it is just the principle at large that you disagree with.

And though I cannot plead it in my case, it is hard to do RP when you are RP tied with a biju match.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 07:33:45 PM »

Eric...you make me sigh in exasperation some times. Plugging my mouth was a joke. ha ha ha

I think bijuu should be sealed in hosts but know as well as anyone how hard it is to find suitable hosts.

I do not like them being summons by anyone. Nor am I finding fault with you in general.

anything else?

Perhaps, but dirty jokes are hardly jokes I like to make in public.

I do OOC fights, so I don't have to worry about IC conflicts unless I'm in the middle of training my tailed beast and suddenly I lose it in a fight.

I think that pretty much covers it, unless there is objection to the optional time constraints between challenges. Since you know, that was kind of edited a little more swiftly than it should have been, original intent or no.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 10:26:49 PM »

original intent or no?

i think not. it reaffirms it and is not rather swift at all. search the old discussions. it was quite clear why that rule was made even though it was worded badly.

But I'm leh tired...
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.