Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bunretsu no Jitsu (Fission Technique)  (Read 3847 times)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Bunretsu no Jitsu (Fission Technique)
« on: December 18, 2014, 03:58:03 PM »

Alright guys, I've been lurking and watching to see how this jutsu would be applied to the SLverse. And from what I've seen, its being abused rather terribly. So, I'd like to make a proposition to nerf the technique based upon the context of what of actually does.

First, the technique description itself:

"This technique allows Mū to literally split his own body into two identical yet entirely independent duplicates of himself. Unlike Clone Techniques that only appear to be similar, the ability is instead a physical separation and so does not require hand seals to activate, making it faster in comparison as a result. This also means that even if one is incapacitated, the other remains completely unaffected and as neither can truly be regarded as the original, the duplicates cannot be dispelled like normal clones. However, while split, Mū's power is halved and as such he is unable to use more complex techniques like his Dust Release kekkei tōta."

Now, it seems pretty self explanatory to here on how it should be used and yet I've only seen one shinobi actually adhere to this description.

Second, the proposition:

Cons:
•ALL abilities are HALVED.
  °This includes physical strength.

•ALL chakra is HALVED.

NO kekkai genkai advanced techniques.
  °No Mokuton, Hyōton, other elemental kgs.
  °Dōjutsu ARE affected.
    -Sharingan loses all advanced abilities and reverts to three tomoe state.
    -Rinnegan only may use ONE path.
    -Byakugan lose the ability to use Jūken ability and techniques.

•Jinchūriki CANNOT use this technique.
  °It violates the splitting of a bijū's chakra rule. Since the technique is literally splitting everything about the person, the bijū would be split, too.

•Losing either half results in permanent character debuff.
  °If a half is seal, could have another break the seal and then rejoin with half.
  °If destroyed, well, you're out of luck.

NO dōjutsu shifting.
  °Pretty exclusive to the Sharingan <> Rinnegan shift. You split with one or the other active and that remains the eyes until rejoined.

Pros:
•Double the amount of actions per post. (6 actions total)

•Life-saving maneuver to avoid a total deathblow.

•Faster than Bunshin no Jutsu.

•Still have access to basic elemental ninjutsu.

•Hachimon still usable though strength halved.

•Sennin Modō still available.
  °Unless split during mode, then chakra/nature energy is halved and time available is halved.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Bunretsu no Jitsu (Fission Technique)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:16:47 PM »

Would be a bit silly to deny KGs in general yet still allow dojutsu ones. If you did go down that path however I daresay you'd want to rather limit rinne people to just the one specific path, such as a weakened version of deva, rather than let them freely pick which one for an inexplicable reason.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 04:25:56 PM »

It isn't like their eyes would disappear. The dōjutsu would only be able use their most basic abilities. Such as see chakra, track movement, etc.

But their other abilities cannot be used. Such as Kamui, Kaiten, multiple path formation, etc.

In hindsight, I do agree with that idea on Rinne users only allowed weakened Deva path.

The reason for KG inability is because it is still an advanced nature transformation. A complex ability. And it even states that Mū is unable to use such. Hell, it took him forever to finally summon one ET when he had been split. He was severely weakened in ability and I feel it should be the same here.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 07:21:51 PM »

No more ruuuuuuules.

If you're fighting someone who uses Fission on you then you know that you can immediately claim to be faster stronger and have more chakra then them. If anyone is abusing the jutsu it's because their opponent is not taking advantage of it.

This does not need a big set of rules. If someone use Fission we know they can't use big jutsu and are really weakened. A 50% debuff to speed is already huge in a zone fight where the speed of you and your attacks is really a deciding factor.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 09:51:43 PM »

... Second, the proposition:

Cons:
•ALL abilities are HALVED.
  °This includes physical strength.

•ALL chakra is HALVED.

NO kekkai genkai advanced techniques.
  °No Mokuton, Hyōton, other elemental kgs.
  °Dōjutsu ARE affected.
    -Sharingan loses all advanced abilities and reverts to three tomoe state.
    -Rinnegan only may use ONE path.
    -Byakugan lose the ability to use Jūken ability and techniques.

•Jinchūriki CANNOT use this technique.
  °It violates the splitting of a bijū's chakra rule. Since the technique is literally splitting everything about the person, the bijū would be split, too.

•Losing either half results in permanent character debuff.
  °If a half is seal, could have another break the seal and then rejoin with half.
  °If destroyed, well, you're out of luck.

NO dōjutsu shifting.
  °Pretty exclusive to the Sharingan <> Rinnegan shift. You split with one or the other active and that remains the eyes until rejoined.

Pros:
•Double the amount of actions per post. (6 actions total)

•Life-saving maneuver to avoid a total deathblow.

•Faster than Bunshin no Jutsu.

•Still have access to basic elemental ninjutsu.

•Hachimon still usable though strength halved.

•Sennin Modō still available.
  °Unless split during mode, then chakra/nature energy is halved and time available is halved.

Until my fight with Ichirou, I have never actually encountered the fission technique (not that I recall anyways), so I don't think it is a very common technique. However, that is irrevelent since I don't fight every single group in SL on a regular basis, and wouldn't have fought Ichirou had it not been for the biju challenge thing.

Anyways, Rinnegan is an advanced level of sharingan; unless it is an implant, then it would fall under the sharingan rule and just revert to a 3-tomoe sharingan. So I don't see why the Rinnegan would need to have its own separate rules since, even as an implant into a non-Uchiha, it could just be de-powered to its 3-tomoe sharingan state (which the user would have little experience in unless they had in the other eye a sharingan, or if they had matured this one into the Rinnegan).

I am very much against the double the action per post, unless all clones were allowed to do that, in which case I would have no case to argue that this type of clone cannot do it either.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 01:43:24 AM »

@Bocc: Speed isn't always everything. And just claiming you're more "buffed" than they are when they used the technique doesn't change the fact that they will continue to fight at full strength, using such abilities as Amaterasu and Mokuton in a fight with HALF of their chakra and ability.

And I'm surprised you said anything against it since it was your character whom I was referring. During the fight with Tsuyo [with Rakudo] for the Nibi, you used this technique in this virtually exact manner.

@All: Despite "proficiency" within a field, it isnt possible to employ full results when you're only working with half of the equipment.

@Eric: It isn't a clone, though. It's literally a split person and really the only givable boost to the technique I can think of that would make the rest of its [proposed] limitations doable. That's why I propose the actions be doubled.

And correct me if I'm wrong, [I very well could be because I didn't fully analyze your fighting posts], but how is that any different than you and your summons having multiple actions yourselves?

And if their Rinnegan did shift during the fight from its Sharingan state, then I could see how it would be forced to revert. But, again, there needs to be a balance between powering down and a complete rebuff.

@All, again: Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against the technique at all. I could see how useful it could be used, i.e, using to split from say an offensive Kamui. But it isn't being used in a manner that respects its debuffs that are officially stated. It's just one of those techs that need monitored and then gently reminded that it isn't how it is suppose to work when it's being abused.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 01:49:17 AM »

To be fair, at the time I was under the impression that we (Tsuyo and I) were to be having a fun fight. So if I was not being realistic with abilities that is why :P though I do not remember how I used Fission in that fight.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 01:55:41 AM »

So I don't agree with this at all. I understand that everything is halved but not being able to use Mokuton and Hyouton seems a bit ridiculous. I don't think that the Sharingan would not be able to reach MS state either. Dust Release is understandable because it's three affinities at once. As far as wood and ice go, I think that one would not be able to use the justu to their fullest but there is NOTHING that states one would not be able to use other things like that at all. I was under the impression that everything was weaker not voided. All but Dust release.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 02:29:52 AM »

@Eric: It isn't a clone, though. It's literally a split person and really the only givable boost to the technique I can think of that would make the rest of its [proposed] limitations doable. That's why I propose the actions be doubled.

And correct me if I'm wrong, [I very well could be because I didn't fully analyze your fighting posts], but how is that any different than you and your summons having multiple actions yourselves?

Between myself and my summon, if you analyze my 1st fight with Ichirou, you will notice that I and Rita share the 3 action turn limit. The only exception is when we are performing collaboration techniques, and even then, at most, the collab is compounded into one, and generally very little else is done that turn. Whether other people do it like that or not depends on your opinion on that mechanic with summons, but how I do it is, just like with clones, sharing your turn moves. That was to cut down on summon spamming in order to overwhelm with sheer number of moves in a single turn, and though it is flawed in that line of thinking, I've kept with it for the most part.

By definition though, it is a clone:

This technique allows Mū to literally split his own body into two identical yet entirely independent duplicates of himself.

In biology, cloning is the process of producing similar populations of genetically identical individuals that occurs in nature when organisms such as bacteria, insects or plants reproduce asexually.

Human cloning is the creation of a genetically identical copy of a human.

The first is from the technique description on narutowikia, and the last two are the ones from wikipedia in general regarding cloning. If you would prefer with context, it is a perfect clone.

While I understand your concerns about advantages, the ability to split yourself into two, perfect duplicates at half strength is quite the advantage. Imagine sustaining this technique for a long period of time; you could, essentially, build up the strength of the two until they match that of the original, and then fuse together to create an even stronger demon. In theory. Whether that would be allowed or not is beyond is up for grabs.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 03:45:13 AM »

[quote author=Dart link=topic=8232.msg217467#msg217467 date=1418949804

While I understand your concerns about advantages, the ability to split yourself into two, perfect duplicates at half strength is quite the advantage. Imagine sustaining this technique for a long period of time; you could, essentially, build up the strength of the two until they match that of the original, and then fuse together to create an even stronger demon. In theory. Whether that would be allowed or not is beyond is up for grabs.

This is actually what Manji did to train for a long time. So it's not the first time it's been done.

Yeah I am all up for the nerfing. I don't see anything wrong with it.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 04:01:59 AM »

Noooooo, I need to be able to do that to make my army of one thousand Bocchiere's. Just imagine this but everyone is me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 04:12:29 AM »

@Eric: Oh, I see what you mean by the word "clone" then. Then in that sense, I definitely can see what you mean by not upping the turns. Training both bodies then forming together would become a problem, yes, but that is one advantage to the technique. So then instead of doubling it to 6 actions, perhaps just one more? Make it 4 actions?

Ah yes, see I did not know how your mechanics work with your summons but thank you for clarifying. :)

@Machina: And yet ALL kekkai genkai ARE advanced nature transformation. Thus making them a COMPLEX technique. It explicitly states that it prevents Mū from using such as he only possessed HALF of his total strength, chakra, ability, etc.

And even if a Sharingan can achieve the MS state, using it's subsequent abilities (Kamui, Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi, Susanoo) should NOT be able for use as they are the HIGHEST techniques available for that particular dōjutsu.

@Bocc: Tsuyo attempted to Human Path the Rakudo body as you were trying to do the same to him but he hit you first. So you split into Cmage and used the SAME path and SAME eyes to do the same to him. And somehow some shenanigans were had. But regardless, you fought as Cmage only attempting to use that path and stuck to basic elemental natural transformation techs.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 04:13:52 AM »

Noooooo, I need to be able to do that to make my army of one thousand Bocchiere's. Just imagine this but everyone is me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64

Beef, pork, and chicken?  :shock:

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 04:20:06 AM »

@Bocc: Tsuyo attempted to Human Path the Rakudo body as you were trying to do the same to him but he hit you first. So you split into Cmage and used the SAME path and SAME eyes to do the same to him. And somehow some shenanigans were had. But regardless, you fought as Cmage only attempting to use that path and stuck to basic elemental natural transformation techs.

You are thinking of my fight with Kamui, not Tsuyo. We were both Human Realming each other simultaneously, tug of warring on each others souls, so I went with it and at the last second Fissioned so Rakudo and Kamui died and then Cmage revived Rakudo with the Hell Realm.

Unless that happened in my fight with Tsuyo too because honestly I don't remember that much about it.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 04:26:09 AM »

You are thinking of my fight with Kamui, not Tsuyo. We were both Human Realming each other simultaneously, tug of warring on each others souls, so I went with it and at the last second Fissioned so Rakudo and Kamui died and then Cmage revived Rakudo with the Hell Realm.

Unless that happened in my fight with Tsuyo too because honestly I don't remember that much about it.

Oh, that's right! It was Kamui. Tsuyo and Rakudo was the Hachimon and Body Revival technique being used to regenerate. Haha.

Either way, you used it exactly as proposed. One path after splitting.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.