Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Byakugan -> Tenseigan  (Read 48873 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Byakugan -> Tenseigan
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2014, 12:04:29 AM »

Truth seeking balls are shit and need to continue to be banned. >.>
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2014, 12:11:53 AM »

The only thing that's OP about this is that the user gains usage over the Truth Seeking Balls.
I feel like everything else can be neutralizes.

I have not seen the movie but I do not see any list of the Tenseigan abilities. >.>

We just know that is's able to fight on par with 9 Tails Chakra Mode and gives you various DBZ like abilities.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2014, 03:06:45 AM »

If Mei had read the thread, we had already established that Control of the Gudodama would not be permitted with the Tenseigan, and instead would be replaced with chakra solidification,

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2014, 08:28:59 AM »

If Mei had read the thread, we had already established that Control of the Gudodama would not be permitted with the Tenseigan, and instead would be replaced with chakra solidification,

Wait, what? Chakra solidification is already a custom ability of several SL RPers, not to mention I too missed that replacement ability decision.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2014, 11:43:29 AM »

Re-reading the thread, the idea of chakra solidification was mentioned and talked about (briefly) but no clear decision was made, and not by the majority. And if a majority decision was made, the first post should be edited to mention such. As if anyone is going to read a whole thread. =/

But Eric has a point. Even I have a move that involves chakra solidification. And going back to Bocc's post, if you're going to nerf something to a degree, you might as well not use it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Raiton no Yoroi is also on par with 9 tails chakra mode. So what would be point of getting getting all those resets to safisty the KG when one can "learn" Raiton no Yoroi? >.>

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »

okay then by that logic we shouldn't use Kamui because the speed of Kamui is nerfed within the SL verse, it's much faster in the actual show and can be used much more frequently.

we shouldn't use hiraishin because we've nerfed it to where multiple hiraishins cannot be used in rapid succession (one post)

We shouldn't use Edo tensei because it's been nerfed to where no more than 3 bodies can be used at once and we can't use offensive attacks with the Edo tensei present

Yeah Chakra solidification is already present within the verse but this would be on a different degree because of the Tenseigan, making it much stronger than anyone who used chakra solidification without it, Unless you'd all prefer that we just have Ninjutsu cancelling black balls of death.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2014, 03:02:19 PM »

I've already explained that. Kamui/Hiraishin/Edo Tensei did not debut in the manga and then before we added them to rp we destroyed them with tons of rules. We used them and over time added the rules that needed to be added. We did not look at them and go, "Well these need to be just absolutely brutalized with edits and rules to be viable for rp." Which is what we are doing for Tenseigan.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2014, 10:37:11 PM »

okay then by that logic we shouldn't use Kamui because the speed of Kamui is nerfed within the SL verse, it's much faster in the actual show and can be used much more frequently.

we shouldn't use hiraishin because we've nerfed it to where multiple hiraishins cannot be used in rapid succession (one post)

We shouldn't use Edo tensei because it's been nerfed to where no more than 3 bodies can be used at once and we can't use offensive attacks with the Edo tensei present

Yeah Chakra solidification is already present within the verse but this would be on a different degree because of the Tenseigan, making it much stronger than anyone who used chakra solidification without it, Unless you'd all prefer that we just have Ninjutsu cancelling black balls of death.

I would prefer there not to be a replacement for the balls of death. Heck, I might would even prefer that we drop this until we can see the entire movie in a language and format that we can comprehend so that we can fully analyze what was shown to be able to be done and what was not shown to be able to be done with it.

Hiraishin, Edo Tensei, and Kamui all debuted in the manga (last time I checked). Up until it was confirmed that Kamui and intangibility were one in the same, intangibility was treated as an entirely separate technique, and Kamui as Kakashi used it was hardly touched.

Hiraishin too was hardly touched until after it had been on SL for some time. I don't recall Tomi really adhering to any of the current hiraishin rules, especially the teacher-student rule.

Edo Tensei was not touched either until it was further shown in the manga during the 4th Great Shinobi War, and even then, not until people who actually used it in-game started using it did it really become a deal enough to start limiting.

Kamui is the only one of those two examples that does not have a "must be adhered to" list of rules. The only things nerfed about Kamui is intangibility, and that was to keep people from staying intangible for ridiculous amounts of times in posts (since in really close combat 5 minutes could take 4+ posts to get through) and to keep down the spam of long-range Kamui.

So much of this could have been avoided had the abilities of the Tensaigan closely mirrored that of the Rinnegan, with the replacement of the Paths being the ability to use Kaguya's variation of Dead bone Pulse KG (since the passed down variant would, in my system, be a requirement anyways). The ability to master all chakra natures being kept the same between the two, and the Tensaigan maintaining the Byakugan's visionary prowess.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2014, 12:34:57 AM »

I just don't see why people are so hard against the Tenseigan, i'm all for waiting to see the full abilities from the movie but I don't see the harm in bringing this in.

Everyone is always complaining that there are too many wooden copy wheels, so why not assist in decreasing that ratio by giving The Hyuuga something that will make people want to be Hyuuga.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2014, 01:01:26 AM »

I just don't see why people are so hard against the Tenseigan, i'm all for waiting to see the full abilities from the movie but I don't see the harm in bringing this in.

Everyone is always complaining that there are too many wooden copy wheels, so why not assist in decreasing that ratio by giving The Hyuuga something that will make people want to be Hyuuga.

To bring this in with how relatively few details we have on it, I at least don't want anyone getting too attached to anything before it is actually seen how it works and stuff. Or at least a list of abilities is given.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2014, 01:55:46 AM »

I didn't expect it to be placed into rp until we got a full ability check on it, I just wanted to cover the basis of what we're going to set in place for the requirements

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2015, 04:58:56 AM »

Hey I know this is an older post, but I just watched the final movie, and I am telling you right now. Nope. Nope, all of my nope. I will void all of that, and a cup of ramen. No spoils, but there is literally no way of making this acceptable on SL.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2015, 12:51:18 PM »

Possibly a bit hasty decision imo. I'ma hit you up about it elsewhere.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2015, 01:33:09 PM »

Hey I know this is an older post, but I just watched the final movie, and I am telling you right now. Nope. Nope, all of my nope. I will void all of that, and a cup of ramen. No spoils, but there is literally no way of making this acceptable on SL.
Same was said of the Rinnegan, the eyes used by Hagoromo, the Sage of Six Paths. In contrast, the Tenseigan was used by Hamura, Hagoromo's brother. Both eyes grant seemingly-OP powers, but it's not like they're not counter-able at all. But by this logic, the Rinnegan should be voided as well. And since some people refer to Sage Mode being better than the Rinnegan, we might as well void that too.

But that's the crutch of voiding someone or their stuff in RP. It's not that you're voiding them, but rather, you are disassociating yourself from participating in any RP with them. You can only void so much until you basically don't want to RP with anybody, and kill your own fun. Granted, there are certain things which are reasonably voided, like Swift Release, a non-canon movie-only element that grants you the ability to avoid anything at will. The Tenseigan is different, in which it is canon and the Rinnegan's counterpart. While at the same time, the Rinne-Sharingan is canon but voided, due to the very nature of it being beyond Kekkei Genkai and Kekkei Tota itself: Kekkei Mora. And anything else that is a Kekkei Mora is pretty much voided too.

What I'm trying to say is, the checks and balances of Doujutsu powers are very heavily weighted in the Sharingan's favor. Unless you propose that anything beyond the regular Sharingan's form to be voided to balance this out, which is certainly not happening, then the scales aren't just tipped in it's favor. The scale is literally laying on it's side for the Sharingan tree of evolution.

tl;dr: Make Hyuugas relevant again.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2015, 11:16:06 PM »

...Unless you propose that anything beyond the regular Sharingan's form to be voided to balance this out, which is certainly not happening, then the scales aren't just tipped in it's favor. The scale is literally laying on it's side for the Sharingan tree of evolution.

tl;dr: Make Hyuugas relevant again.

A nerf to sharingan would make my day, even if it meant that I had to lose sage mode. As has been said before though, the Byakugan is still relevant, it just is much less easy mode for the inexperienced or lazy RPer.

While we're making the byakugan relevant again, why not see if we can make some of the other abilities, on their own standing (and not combined to melting pot status) also quite relevant again. A across the board nerf to the sharingan branch of abilties would probably do the trick, even if it was taking it back to just mangekyou sharingan.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 15 queries.