Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Byakugan -> Tenseigan  (Read 49381 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: Byakugan -> Tenseigan
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2015, 12:48:02 AM »

While a sharingan nerf would do the trick, I doubt it would pass through the site. Everybody's already in too deep with the Rinnegan, they wont give it up now lol. At least that's how I see it.

I'm also still for the Tenseigan, I feel like appropriate nerfs could be granted to it, Whether it be removing the Gudodama all together or reducing it's control of said technique. the way I see it Gudodama isn't even that much of a problem, at least not for sage's

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2015, 09:05:35 AM »

While a sharingan nerf would do the trick, I doubt it would pass through the site. Everybody's already in too deep with the Rinnegan, they wont give it up now lol. At least that's how I see it.

Basically.

And what kind of nerf to Sharingan are you people talking about? o.o

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2015, 11:42:11 AM »

Basically.

And what kind of nerf to Sharingan are you people talking about? o.o

The quick and dirty of it is remove it's ability to ascend to Rinnegan and optionally the eternal mangekyou sharingan. Those are honestly the only nerfs to sharingan that would make any sort of difference at this point.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2015, 02:57:55 PM »

Which not only would few to none agree to, I certainly wouldn't, but would be quite unnecessary as well and especially if Hyuugas get Tenseigan.

Possible spoilers at this point though mind you, if you'd rather see the movie first.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Tenseigan

Now to discuss the nerfs and such. Biggest no-brainer is separation from the moon and Tenseigan altar there, not only would that be beyond broken levels of power to admit to anybody, but it was also seen in movie by Toneri that trying to amass it all to yourself is beyond the human body's ability to contain anyway. Simpler put, you'd just explode, sploosh.

Edit: This would naturally cut users off from stuff like materializing cages and other such things too.

What comes to acquisition, canonically you'd need Byakugan in an Ootsutsuki body. A bit strange considering the moon people were shown getting the doujutsu anyway, they just took em out and sealed into the altar. Perhaps theirs would have turned into Tenseigan at 'maturity' regardless? Who knows.

If we consider Ootsutsuki basically extinct as they are in canon (cept Toneri), we could just take the EMS route; a Hyuugan takes somebody elses Byakugan, if there's no organ rejection then a while of paralyzing pain periods later it 'matures' into Tenseigan. Would be the simplest to be honest, though if you wanted to be real strict about it you could also insist on having Kaguya dna in addition to Hyuuga.

Gudodama, another simple fix. Remove the non-senjutsu pulverization, turn them into powerful glowy green chakra spheres instead. Hell, that's how they function majority of the time in the movie anyway.

Scattering chakra rosary, no need for changing here imo, all you do is basically bombard with the chakra balls.

Silver wheel reincarnation explosion, regulate the power, make it chakra costly proportionate to the power used, and you're good here too. Its not that out of the ordinary, basically just a compressed tornado sideways. Might as well be a beefed version of hakke kuusho.

Golden wheel reincarnation explosion, a giant sword that cuts moon in half? Secondarily a death laz0r? Beam version can function as something akin to beam version of tailed beast bomb, powerful but costly, simple fix. The sword variant I believe could function akin to Susanoo's weapons, ranging from the low level digging hefty trenches along the ground, to chopping mountains in two of stabilized. The more power you want, the costlier it gets. Could even make the stronger versions be either single use or only a few before it forcibly breaks you from the orb usage for a time.

Why Susanoo comparison? Because the shroud could be likened to it and nerfed to work in a similar manner. Thought of it this way; if Susanoo materializes a giant chakra construct, Tenseigan shrouds your body in a similarly massive chakra instead. As for potency, forget about Kyuubi cloak, just liken it to the Eight gates instead. 6-7 gates, depending on your general potency at it and chakra used? Obviously would prevent you from stacking any other body enhancing shit like lightning armor or gates themselves, or you'd just die, explode from too much chakra and strain on the body like Toneri almost did in the movie.

The hypnosis ball things...dunno of these really. Personally I don't see what use they'd be considering general immunity of people to genjutsu on SL, but if you want em then use em. From what I can tell, they just pacify or knock out someone weaker if used up the face, can control them like a puppet if inserted inside the body.

Long range chakra absorbing? Lolno, better just left out. This thing wasn't explained at all, plus its brokenly strong.

Lastly it seems to grant limited control over attracting and repulsive forces, basically pseudo-Shinra tensei and -Bansho ten'in. Don't personally recall seeing the pulling version, but wiki claimed so. In any case, could just treat it the same as the aforementioned two Deva path moves, only no AoE versions, just focused in one direction.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:12:58 PM by Warren »

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2015, 09:52:33 PM »

That would make the Gudodama chakra solidification instead, which was my original idea for the nerf on it but it got turned down in this thread for whatever reason, I don't remember and don't feel like going back at the moment, Either way; like Warren stated we could easily nerf down the tenseigan, I feel like it'd be much easier than trying to get people to back out of the Rinnegan, I feel like that would just cause another site Rp rift where half of us are doing one thing and the other half is doing another.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2015, 10:25:22 PM »

Which not only would few to none agree to, I certainly wouldn't, but would be quite unnecessary as well and especially if Hyuugas get Tenseigan...

Of course Hyuugans wouldn't get Tenseigan if Uchiha had to give up mangekyou+. I haven't smoke anything that would make me want to suggest that without also shutting down Tensaigan.

The hypnosis ball things...dunno of these really. Personally I don't see what use they'd be considering general immunity of people to genjutsu on SL, but if you want em then use em. From what I can tell, they just pacify or knock out someone weaker if used up the face, can control them like a puppet if inserted inside the body.

How powerful is this long range hypnosis? There are alot of Uchiha in SL, but not everyone is an Uchiha. Depending on the strength of the hypnosis, this could be a hack comparable to Koto that I would certainly not say yay to.

If we consider Ootsutsuki basically extinct as they are in canon (cept Toneri), we could just take the EMS route; a Hyuugan takes somebody elses Byakugan, if there's no organ rejection then a while of paralyzing pain periods later it 'matures' into Tenseigan. Would be the simplest to be honest, though if you wanted to be real strict about it you could also insist on having Kaguya dna in addition to Hyuuga.

Well, it is intended to be on par with the Rinnegan, so considering that it would already have a reset break compared to its counterpart, I think adding in Kaguya DNA would be a necessity rather than an option. It is still fewer resets than 6 Rinnegan, 4 Uchiha, 4 Mokuton (and that's assuming folks still go with that kind of setup for full powered Rinnegan  not taken out of someone else's head reset style).

Long range chakra absorbing? Lolno, better just left out. This thing wasn't explained at all, plus its brokenly strong.

While I agree that it is broken, I think the wikia suggests that that was actually an ability either of Toneri himself or the clan, and was independent of the chakra cloak.

Now, for the big one. How will potential custom techniques of this new dojutsu be considered? Mangekyou once had plenty of custom MS powers, sage mode has a plethora and such. The standard answer would be to handle them as they come, and I assume that is what we're going to do.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2015, 10:27:12 PM »

...As has been said before though, the Byakugan is still relevant, it just is much less easy mode for the inexperienced or lazy RPer.

Yet there are people who think we should fix that by just making them both easy mode. If only the movie added some Byakugan version of Kamui then we would really be all set.

Just don't add this at all >_> We don't need more dumb things. Here, let me provide a flow chart to help people understand this.

Do it? >---------> Don't do it.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2015, 10:52:39 PM »

They aren't long range, Toneri used them right up Hinata's face. She was in despirited wimp mode though, hence my mention of it only really working plausibly on weaker opponents. The sort inserted directly inside the body might be another matter, lest you had some way to repel or combat it.

Not sure on chakra absorbing. First time he blasted Naruto with a tenseigan ball which seemed to bitchslap his almost entire chakra out of him instantly. Second time was after his Tenseigan had disappeared and he had taken the Byakugans from the altar to try substitute, he just kinda held hands out and sucked it at a distance to form into a sphere to try blast others with. Either way there's literally no defense against it, so its cut out.

Can't say much on custom stuff though, have no idea what sort could one even make for this.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2015, 11:10:37 PM »

They aren't long range, Toneri used them right up Hinata's face. She was in despirited wimp mode though, hence my mention of it only really working plausibly on weaker opponents. The sort inserted directly inside the body might be another matter, lest you had some way to repel or combat it.

Not sure on chakra absorbing. First time he blasted Naruto with a tenseigan ball which seemed to bitchslap his almost entire chakra out of him instantly. Second time was after his Tenseigan had disappeared and he had taken the Byakugans from the altar to try substitute, he just kinda held hands out and sucked it at a distance to form into a sphere to try blast others with. Either way there's literally no defense against it, so its cut out.

Can't say much on custom stuff though, have no idea what sort could one even make for this.

Some beta stuff that I can think of:

Goudama (even in nerfed form) + Revolving Heaven (No nice name for it, but because of that it's pretty self-explainatory)

Two Lion Fisted Cloak/Armor. Essentially, shroud the entire body in the Twin Lion fisted cloak technique, combining it with the chakra mode or transforming the chakra mode in this manner. The armor has the ability to absorb chakra, and combined with increase speed and strength, is capable of draining an opponent of their chakra in very few strikes in very little time.

Twin Lions Crumbling Strike. - Much like how Raikiri is an upgraded chidori, this is an upgraded form of the Twin Lions combo that allows completed dissipation of chakra-based attacks and jutsu by absorbing and dismantling them at the ying-yang level.

Gentle Fist: Golden Wheel Reincarnation - Grant the sword and/or beam the attributes of the gentle fist. The sword is smaller, but more precise, and combined with the power of gentle fist, is basically a chakra armor, barrier technique, chakra-based stuff shredder. The beam would be more akin to the vaccum palm, but by using the byakugan to aim for vitals and the precise aim of the beam, combined with speed, can essentially make this into sniper weapon 2.0 for SL.

Obviously they could use some refinement, but I think you see some of the potential flow.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2015, 11:22:47 PM »

We could nerf the Tenseigan by having users only able to use the the techniques described from the tenseigan while it's active

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2015, 11:28:51 PM »

Plot twist.

It's Uchiha bloodline.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2015, 11:29:57 PM »

Boom?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2015, 11:47:56 PM »

Clak the sound of my heart.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2015, 12:19:36 AM »

Not sure what you mean with ball kaiten. If its just to spin them around fast, that's not exactly custom cause that falls under the sphere manipulation the shroud itself grants already. If its to try make a kaiten with the chakra making those orbs, if they're nerfed then it'd be just a powered up kaiten with nothing extra really. If anything it'd exhaust your shroud far quicker cause kaiten uses a crapton of chakra as is.

I believe juho soshikens potency comes from it being compressed in the first place, so I don't think it'd work anymore as an aoe thing, if it would even be possible to sync any other chakra with the shroud like that to begin with. Furthermore, fairly sure I listed in nerfs that if you use the shroud, you aren't getting any other body oriented boostage crap.

Though juho soshiken sucks chakra from victims (according to wiki anyway, I don't recall ever seeing said effect in series), I don't really see how exactly would that turn it into a specific anti-all jutsu device, at most it'd deflect projectiles and such if struck with it. It might be possible to make a stronger version still though, as seen with Hinata's version being powered up by Hamura's chakra, though it'd be even more exceedingly difficult to learn.

I've never ever understood this whole jyuken element thing people got going on from the looks of it. All jyuken is, is releasing small pinpoint bursts of chakra to reach inside the body as you strike, aimed at organs and other vitals to maximize damage. There is no way to 'grant' something jyuken, so that alone makes the invincible death laz0r already impossible.

Should be everything. Though as Ichi already said, we could just ban custom moves for it. Lazy but easy route.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2015, 12:25:58 AM »

Or....we wait till all the info is translated. ~

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.