Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Byakugan -> Tenseigan  (Read 48209 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Re: Byakugan -> Tenseigan
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2015, 02:42:54 AM »

Or....we wait till all the info is translated. ~

That's a better idea.
You guys are kinda jumping the gun without knowing all the facts.

Setting rules and guidelines that may potentially contradict what information will release.

Also, I read in a few sites that in order to Tenseigan you would need an accumulation of the power of hundreds of byakugans. Is that true? If so, you guys are making all these rules/guidelines for something that's even possible to achieve. >.>

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2015, 03:11:09 AM »

It doesn't hurt to go ahead and spin ideas of rules and regulations about the Tenseigan, before random people start claiming it on the site and running around cutting the planet in half.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2015, 03:20:22 AM »

It doesn't hurt to go ahead and spin ideas of rules and regulations about the Tenseigan, before random people start claiming it on the site and running around cutting the planet in half.

We can do that now. .-. Remember Madara with the giant ass meteorites and look at my sig, cutting mountains like butter.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2015, 03:27:10 AM »

Also, I read in a few sites that in order to Tenseigan you would need an accumulation of the power of hundreds of byakugans. Is that true? If so, you guys are making all these rules/guidelines for something that's even possible to achieve. >.>

Just like how there can only be one person with the rinnegan who has to be the reincarnation of a specific person? <.<  Bruh, SL don't play by what's 'canon'

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2015, 03:32:40 AM »

Can't most people already do that considering how powerful they are? At least they're not DBZ-tier. But they're at least DB-tier. But the movie will likely be subbed. Until then, people should try to not speculate and assume and just shuffle it off to the side for later.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2015, 04:08:18 AM »

Just like how there can only be one person with the rinnegan who has to be the reincarnation of a specific person? <.<  Bruh, SL don't play by what's 'canon'

That's a little bit of cherry picking. It wasn't explained till recently how that worked, and that was the second time it explained how you get Rinnegan. We had no reason to believe the Uchiha with EMS + Senju DNA would ever be compounded on later and changed to be plot-centric. So that was more so we decided to go with what we had been rping with rather then have everyone void their Rinnegan that they had to reset like 9 times for.

This would be different. This we have a very clear explanation of how it is obtained and also know that it is very likely to not be changed in the future, since it was all contained within a singular movie, so I doubt we will ever hear from the Tenseigan again, so far as Naruto canon goes.

In this case I agree with Mei, you can't even get Tenseigan on SL because of how it is created, there is no way you could find enough Hyuuga players to kill for Byakugan and more importantly no way you could get to the moon to make the Tenseigan with the Tenseig-o-matic that is hanging out there. I see no reason to ignore what we know to be canon to make it possible.

Just get Sage Mode and Byakugan and then learn to zone fight. Watch the Rinnegan spammers cry.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2015, 06:13:19 AM »

Here's the hole plot hole behind this Tenseigan Altar thing: Hamura was the first to awaken it.

There's also some confusion between the Tenseigan and Tenseigan Altar. Before Hamura died, he implanted his eyes into the altar, and it became known as the Tenseigan Altar. The Otsutsuki Clan would also implant their Byakugan into the altar for thousands of years, to build up it's energy and use it for whatever purpose later. Toneri decided to use it to bring the moon down. Movie plot events happen, and Naruto and Hinata destroy it and stop the moon from descending. But once Toneri's personal Tenseigan awakens, the moon starts descending again because of one of it's powers is being able to bring down celestial bodies. This actually doesn't stray far from the Rinnegan's power to do that either.

So basically Toneri is the Otsutsuki's/Hyuuga's Madara.

And to clarify on the Golden and Silver Wheel Reincarnation attacks, those involve covering/infusing the Gudodama with Tenseigan Chakra Mode chakras. So to bring those into fair play, we'll just omit the Gudodama from being needed to use those, while also removing the ninjutsu-obliterating effects that the Gudodama gives the attacks.

The chakra mode is actually very similar to Susanoo's ability to cover/coat things as well, but on a more humanoid and smaller scale.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2015, 10:35:41 AM »

Just get Sage Mode and Byakugan and then learn to zone fight. Watch the Rinnegan spammers cry.

That's a good point. But the Rinnegan can just repel them away. Better include that Gates KG for speed.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2015, 11:07:14 AM »

Were you agreeing with me Kage or just repeating almost everything I said already for some other reason? >_>

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2015, 11:12:29 AM »

Were you agreeing with me Kage or just repeating almost everything I said already for some other reason? >_>

Is this addressed to me? o.o

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2015, 11:45:19 AM »

Kage, not you.

In all seriousness though, the movie is both out and subbed already, both me and Rusaku have seen it, so unless there's some big pile of databook info not translated yet that nobody knows about then all the info is out already.

Don't see what the gripe is about acquiring the eye. As both I said could be changed already, and several others pointed out, Rinnegan is equally impossible for anybody cept one person to get by canon, and we changed that. Swap a byakugan into hyuuga/kaguya body, draw the power from your body instead of the altar. Bam.

And uhh yes, you do need combined chakras of Indra and Ashura to get rinne, alternatively help from Hagoromo, both of which all of you void >_> Hagoromo said so himself and at least I'd rather trust the sage than fan pov's.

Also actually no, you couldn't cut the earth in half. Its significantly larger than the moon, up to the point even an unnerfed tenseigan sword (which we are nerfing) couldn't do it. Same deal with stabilized susanoo sword, you'd make a giant ditch but that'd be it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:46:00 AM by Warren »

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2015, 02:51:03 PM »

So what level will Tenseigan Chakra Mode be if we so implement it? I haven't seen the movie myself, so maybe I missed something, but as far as I know, Naruto is just as powerful as he was in the last chapter. With that being said, the wiki states that Tenseigan Chakra Mode is on par with Naruto's Sage enhanced Kurama Cloak, combined with that it gives the user attraction and repulsion abilities, strong enough to pull the moon itself, techniques that have celestial body destroying capabilities, and along with that Truth Seeking Balls as icing on the cake.

I'll be optimistic and say we can work with this.

If Tenseigan is allowed, then I say the user needs to have the Sage reset (and Byakugan of course), but completely relinquishes the Natural Energy aspect the Sages have, and we treat it as a power-up on par with it in terms of jutsu enhancement, speed, and durability. We treat the chakra costs of using Chakra Mode as one who is using Kanseitai Susanoo and give the Truth Seeking Balls the same level of destructive capabilities (except the ninjutsu negation of course). Silver Wheel Reincarnation Explosion though should just be as strong as your standard Planetary Rasengan and they have access to Shinra Tensei and Bansho Tenin.

As for obtaining it? I've got an idea, we make Hamura's Altar a claimed item much like Edo Tensei, Hiraishin, etc. The person who wants Tenseigan sacrifices  their Byakugan eyes to the Altar and it transforms into the Tenseigan, in return you get all the above cool abilities but sacrifice Jyuuken and 360 degree Kaleidoscope vision. This limits the amount of people who have it, while taking a bit of Sage Mode and Rinnegan without the the specific advantages of either, some semblance of canon material, and evens it out as a Hyuuga+Otsutsuki version of Senju+Uchiha we have going on here. At the same time it leaves some advantages a regular Byakugan player would have. Sound fair? (and of course no combing Tensei with any other Doujutsu)
_________________________________________________________________________________

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2015, 03:13:49 PM »

Normal animal based sage mode would get beat by canon tenseigan, its only the custom ones on SL that might stand up to it. 7 inner gates open could match it tho imo, 8 would surpass.

What exactly would you be 'sacrificing' with the altar scenario though? Remove your own eyeballs, it spits out someone elses pair for you to implant?

As for removing 360 vision, dunno of that cause its kinda the core function of the eye. Removing jyuken would completely shut down the BS 'jyuken element' I mentioned earlier however, so that would be nice. Lion fists would go away with it since its a jyuken off-shoot I think. What about vacuum palm and kaiten though?

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2015, 03:57:37 PM »

I don't think the Hyuga should have to give up 360 vision or Senjutsu usage just because they have the Tenseigan, Maybe they can't use it at the same time like I had said earlier, but I mean they could still do it

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2015, 10:31:32 PM »

Normal animal based sage mode would get beat by canon tenseigan, its only the custom ones on SL that might stand up to it. 7 inner gates open could match it tho imo, 8 would surpass.

What exactly would you be 'sacrificing' with the altar scenario though? Remove your own eyeballs, it spits out someone elses pair for you to implant?

As for removing 360 vision, dunno of that cause its kinda the core function of the eye. Removing jyuken would completely shut down the BS 'jyuken element' I mentioned earlier however, so that would be nice. Lion fists would go away with it since its a jyuken off-shoot I think. What about vacuum palm and kaiten though?

I know, which is why I made the comparison. Tenseigan of course is too much as it is for either Rinnegan or Sage Mode users to handle by themselves without some serious co-op action.

Perhaps, i'm not so much against the ideas of HOW its obtained as long as the user follows the dumbed down abilities and limitations. Maybe the eyes themselves can be transformed via the chakra from the altar itself?

I say the only things the Tenseigan should have in common with the Byakugan is the seeing of chakra. I think gaining the ability to cut mountains, Sage benefits (nix the Natural Energy), Gudodama, and Deva Path skills is more than a fair enough trade off for 360 degree vision, Jyuuken, X-ray, telescopic vision and Kaiten. Much like how the normal Rinnegan does not have the abilities of the Sharingan, except the ability to see chakra, despite the fact the Sharingan is the evolutionary offshoot of the Rinnegan.

To avoid the an inevitable Tenseigan/Byakugan hax, I say much like the Mangekyo, the abilities are sanctioned by which eye the user has.

For example:

Right Eye- Chakra Mode (a.k.a Sage buffs)

Left Eye- Deva Path (Shinra Tensei and Bansho Tenin)

Both Eyes: Gudodama (Allowing the full destructive potential of the user on a Perfect Susanoo level)

I'd rather not devoid the Tenseigan user of ever using Byakugan again as it seems unfair that we allow a Rinnegan/Sharingan combo to work just fine. That way,  if one ever encounters them in a fight, they would either be a little less stronger than an actual Hyuuga Sage, or just a Byakugan user who simply has two abilities of the Rinnegan.

I don't think the Hyuga should have to give up 360 vision or Senjutsu usage just because they have the Tenseigan, Maybe they can't use it at the same time like I had said earlier, but I mean they could still do it

To give a Tenseigan user the ability to use Senjutsu greatly throws things off balance and they would have to give something up to offset the difference.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:35:03 PM by Uchiha Madara »
_________________________________________________________________________________

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.