Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Bijuu handling.  (Read 8015 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Bijuu handling.
« on: January 02, 2015, 12:38:26 AM »

So what are your thoughts on it?

Giving it to a friend or giving it to an alt? My thoughts are simple cause it's easy that way.

Alts -> Once only ever

Friends -> Yes

Mind you in order to do this you must have no challengers currently and must not be in a fight, obviously.

If RP is needed to be made in order to do it I'm sure no one will decline that. Easy to do.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu handling.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 12:42:03 AM »

So what are your thoughts on it?

Giving it to a friend or giving it to an alt? My thoughts are simple cause it's easy that way.

Alts -> Once only ever

Friends -> Yes

Mind you in order to do this you must have no challengers currently and must not be in a fight, obviously.

If RP is needed to be made in order to do it I'm sure no one will decline that. Easy to do.

Seems pretty self-explanatory like this.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 12:44:27 AM »

Well that was the most quickly concluded topic ever.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 12:45:15 AM »

Yeah i'm cool with this set up, lol.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 12:45:43 AM »

Well that was the most quickly concluded topic ever.

*Master negotiator* xD Give others time to respond. ~
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 12:46:12 AM »

Well, if we're going to do this topic, we might as well be upfront about it. This is intended to add a rule regarding the "gifting" of biju to the biju rules, so that it is *not* as open-ended as it was before.

The original system was not really set up to accommodate gifting biju to different characters for the sake of inactivity concerns. If someone went inactive, there were provisions for the tailed beast's fate. Gifting biju for any other reason, to me, does not make a whole lot of sense. The tailed beasts are not just trophies to be handed off whenever the shelf wants to be replaced.

If you want to gift it otherwise, why not just have a mock fight between them? "But da result is the same!"

Yes, and no. The winner does get a new grace period, BUT, they also inherit the challenge list from prior. If they have no one before said giftee in their challenge list, then all runs swimmingly. But if there is someone else in line ahead of them, then it keep them from getting skipped in the process. Even gifting for the sake of activity concerns is really "meh" with me.

As far as I see it, it is easier to work with the rules we have set up then completely adding in a rule explicitly permitting free gifting. Because as we have seen, there will be protest if it is done under questionable circumstances.

That's my proposition.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:46:42 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 12:48:13 AM »

To be entirely honest i'm fine with anything, because once again I DON'T have alts to even worry about transferring Biju to, nor do intend to go inactive once I get one. My overall want is for everything to just boil down and be finalized

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 12:50:46 AM »

Well, if we're going to do this topic, we might as well be upfront about it. This is intended to add a rule regarding the "gifting" of biju to the biju rules, so that it is *not* as open-ended as it was before.

The original system was not really set up to accommodate gifting biju to different characters for the sake of inactivity concerns. If someone went inactive, there were provisions for the tailed beast's fate. Gifting biju for any other reason, to me, does not make a whole lot of sense. The tailed beasts are not just trophies to be handed off whenever the shelf wants to be replaced.

If you want to gift it otherwise, why not just have a mock fight between them? "But da result is the same!"

Yes, and no. The winner does get a new grace period, BUT, they also inherit the challenge list from prior. If they have no one before said giftee in their challenge list, then all runs swimmingly. But if there is someone else in line ahead of them, then it keep them from getting skipped in the process. Even gifting for the sake of activity concerns is really "meh" with me.

As far as I see it, it is easier to work with the rules we have set up then completely adding in a rule explicitly permitting free gifting. Because as we have seen, there will be protest if it is done under questionable circumstances.

That's my proposition.

So basically what I said? >> Also if it's given to an alt there is no grace period.

Can't pass it along if you have challengers waiting, as said.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 01:00:30 AM »

That's my proposition.

So basically what I said? >> Also if it's given to an alt there is no grace period.

Can't pass it along if you have challengers waiting, as said.

No, the way I put it make it clear that it doesn't matter whether it is an "alt" or a "friend". Did we not just have a thread locked when there were accusations of who is an alt and who is a friend? As I stated prior, how can you tell who is alt and who is friend? Unless someone confesses with conscious, you really don't know.

In the case of some such as Bocc, he is willing to put that kind of information out there. But for folks like me, I would have no intentions on revealing the difference between friend and alt. Because that would affect the RP perceptions of both characters.

Again, mine emphasizes that it is less of a "gift" and more of a way to work things into the system. it also makes minimal emphasis on the distinguishing between "alt" and "friend". So somewhat like what you said, but keeping in mind that "alt" and "friend" are near impossible to definitively tell apart if the player(s) is/are unwilling to divulge.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 01:13:47 AM »

Here's a thought.

How about A, having an actually sensible, logical IC reason to do it if its passed along, and as a slightly unrelated side-note B, having a legit way of surviving the extraction if former owner was made into a jinch stead of just having it in a pot or something.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 01:14:08 AM »

Here's a thought.

How about A, having an actually sensible, logical IC reason to do it if its passed along, and as a slightly unrelated side-note B, having a legit way of surviving the extraction if former owner was made into a jinch stead of just having it in a pot or something.

Boooooooooooooooooooo. *throws rotten vegetables*
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 01:14:32 AM by bocchiere »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 01:16:00 AM »

Here's a thought.

I'm all for RP. I mean this is supposed to be an RP site.

Side B...you mean that were the jink give it away and then get it back?

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 01:26:19 AM »

A is more for cases like Night, even he himself admitted he got and later gave it away through OOC really. A would solve that issue.

B is one of my two main facepalming inducing issues about Bijuu, one being getting tails that I won't go into, other being surviving extraction without any real explanation. Its happened over years quite a bit, people swapping what they're a jinch to like changing their clothes.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 01:31:16 AM »

Does one actually die immediately though? I mean look at B when the Hachibi got extracted from him, he survived.

It took Gaara a bit to die too from that statue stealing the beast through forced means.

Naruto is an Uzumaki [and main character no jutsu] so he doesn't really need to be taken into account here.

So would it not be plausible to survive the extraction and have a new one transferred in that time frame before dying?

Or am I just crazy? XP

Edit: All edits were made to correct typos and grammar. Damn these small keyboard pieces!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 01:32:39 AM by Dart »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 01:34:53 AM »

Huh....I wonder if taking one out and putting a new one it would offset dying...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.