Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bijuu Rules Proposition  (Read 3547 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Rules Proposition
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 02:16:32 AM »

I wasn't trying to cause an argument with that question lol, while it is a pain to have to fight them with both beasts, it is logical that they'd be able to use them both. At the least We could like, nerf whichever one was the summon so that it couldn't be used offensively (explanation being that its resisting the genjutsu thats controlling it?)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 03:20:24 AM »

Possibly slightly unrelated, but here's a thought.

Say you've one as a summon, controlled through sharingan genjutsu or some such.

What's to stop another sharingan user from simply dispelling it, and bam no more summon.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 03:42:58 AM »

I also think using two bijuu is unnecessary and unfair. Meaning if I wanted to challenge a Jinchūriki for his bijuu and he happens to have another, in this case sealed within him, then he shouldn't be able to use that bijuu's chakra at all.

Right Bocch?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2015, 03:52:29 AM »

I'm just tired of rules made to limit specifically what I can do. Who has more than one bijuu? No one but me. Very unlikely anyone but me is going to have more than one at this point. Yeah super unfair to let me use what I've earned, same reason we nerfed Edo Tensei when I started using it effectively.

It's unfair that I have Edo Tensei and Hiraishin and everyone else doesn't as well, that's just something you have to deal with. Nothing is stopping anyone else who wants them for challenging and capturing multiple bijuu. You just have to actually be good enough to do so, and since Akatsuki has most of the bijuu that just happens to be a caveat most people cannot meet.

If we are going to make another Bocch rule then I'd agree to one bijuu per bijuu challenge, and I will always pick the 9 tails since it is the one I'm hosting. It would be character control to tell me I cannot use the bijuu I am hosting. It's character control to say I can't use the two of them at the same time as well but who cares about letting me use what I've earned other than me? 

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2015, 04:03:00 AM »

I'm just tired of rules made to limit specifically what I can do. Who has more than one bijuu? No one but me. Very unlikely anyone but me is going to have more than one at this point. Yeah super unfair to let me use what I've earned, same reason we nerfed Edo Tensei when I started using it effectively.

It's unfair that I have Edo Tensei and Hiraishin and everyone else doesn't as well, that's just something you have to deal with. Nothing is stopping anyone else who wants them for challenging and capturing multiple bijuu. You just have to actually be good enough to do so, and since Akatsuki has most of the bijuu that just happens to be a caveat most people cannot meet.

If we are going to make another Bocch rule then I'd agree to one bijuu per bijuu challenge, and I will always pick the 9 tails since it is the one I'm hosting. It would be character control to tell me I cannot use the bijuu I am hosting. It's character control to say I can't use the two of them at the same time as well but who cares about letting me use what I've earned other than me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8XTpCwicwE

Couldn't resist, Happy New Year!
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 04:10:57 AM »

So now that this topic has been completely derailed can we get back to the initial question at hand? You know the pertinent thing about issues at hand that is not even being addressed at this point?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 06:51:00 AM »

we have a few bijuu issues going on here...i will try to list them all in this place for my sanity's sake.

1] giving a bijuu away...it was proposed that...They can't give it away while in a fight or if there are challengers.
yes or no?

2] Can another bijuu be used in a match other than the one that is being challenged for?
This rule is as close as we come to this point.
ºHosts are allowed to use their tailsº
There should be no arguments about a host using their Biju's abilities. However, the claim of utilizing all of their tails, if it seems unfit for them, due to period of time with the Biju, can be negotiable [but must be maintained brief]. Furthermore, other rules can be negotiated between both parties. I.E. Rules such as the number of contestants versus the host [? v. the host (1)] can also be negotiated, etc.

I feel that "their" tails...refers to the bijuu being challenged for, not meaning any bijuu the defender has access to.

3] Refusal of challenges...this edit is proposed...
 ºHow to Challenge a Jinchurikiº
 In order to challenge a Jinchuriki & obtain a Biju, one must extend an invitation to its host; this places you on the list of challengers that each host must update in a publicly accessibly spot. [Either as a post in this thread or on the wikia as a discussion topic on the tailed beasts page. Here]  The two will make all arrangements for when the match will begin and where. Should the Jinchuriki ignore or refuse the invitation(s) you may report it to other Jinchuriki. Subject for such an event's invitation, for proof & reference of a challenge, must be titled: (Number of tails) - (Name of Jinchuriki); the body of the message may be as you please (though manners & politeness would of course make things much smoother).

are there other points that need revision and discussion?

1) Pretty much, stripping away the discussiony stuff. No gifting unless there are no challengers and not in the middle of a fight. There was a suggestion to fit it less artificially, but it didn't seem to take to the masses.

2) I'll get back to this one.

3)http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8126.0.html

I would say that revision, more or less, has been long in the making. 

This is where we started:
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8015.0.html

Now, back to number 2.

2) As far as I'm concerned, being forced to accept the challenger's challenge no matter what (at this point) is compromise enough. Now you want the host to, in practice, hold back when the challenger is trying to snatch one of my beasts away?

Yes, hosts were pretty much inclined to accept all challenges anyway, but the prior rule allowed some wiggle room; the first few times a host or two says no though (for debatable reasons), and it's clear that it was never really desired to give the host any option regarding whom they fight. Recall, we are in this very thread revising the rule from "you might can deny a challenge" to "you definitely cannot deny a challenge".

If you want to fight only one tailed beast, challenge someone else who doesn't have akimbo. It is not fair to further handicap the host at this stage. The challenger and the challenged were not supposed to have great dominance over each other, but if it is permitted to have two tailed beasts at once, then why keep someone who actually has that opportunity from using it?

I cry foul, and I'm not even in this situation! Going over when we were first making these rules, we were trying to balance the host and the challenger so that they walk into the match with a decent amount of evenness. That balance is precarious enough as it is. If we can start telling hosts that they can't use this or that because it is "unfair" when it is permitted in the rules, then what's next? Custom techniques that are deemed overpowered?

Whatever happened to negotiating the terms of the fight?

Possibly slightly unrelated, but here's a thought.

Say you've one as a summon, controlled through sharingan genjutsu or some such.

What's to stop another sharingan user from simply dispelling it, and bam no more summon.

The strength of the genjutsu and the lack of opportunity to just "dispel" the genjutsu, all of which would be factored in during the fight itself.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:51:36 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 17 queries.