Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Bijuu handling.  (Read 8075 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu handling.
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2015, 08:14:47 PM »

To prove it actually was RP, not just shady OOC deals or whatever because frack everyone else is why. Would prevent new Nights, not even to begin about worse situations.

Say you fight yourself into a dead end, surrounded by hunters with no escape out of it. What's that, you quit and suddenly the beast is in the hands of someone else halfway around the world because magic?

And so on.

But the bijuu rules already allow that. We killed Trev in Iwagakure but because Rusaku was in a challenge for the 0 tails he got it instead of us, even though Trev was using the 0 tails in that rp we were in. So yes exactly what you just described has been backed up by the rules we have.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2015, 08:16:27 PM »

And nobody else sees this as an issue? ._.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »

And nobody else sees this as an issue? ._.

Apparently just the two of us.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2015, 08:40:46 PM »

The first two rules prevent that. >>
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2015, 09:12:01 PM »

Well, if we're going to do this topic, we might as well be upfront about it. This is intended to add a rule regarding the "gifting" of biju to the biju rules, so that it is *not* as open-ended as it was before.

The original system was not really set up to accommodate gifting biju to different characters for the sake of inactivity concerns. If someone went inactive, there were provisions for the tailed beast's fate. Gifting biju for any other reason, to me, does not make a whole lot of sense. The tailed beasts are not just trophies to be handed off whenever the shelf wants to be replaced.

If you want to gift it otherwise, why not just have a mock fight between them? "But da result is the same!"

Yes, and no. The winner does get a new grace period, BUT, they also inherit the challenge list from prior. If they have no one before said giftee in their challenge list, then all runs swimmingly. But if there is someone else in line ahead of them, then it keep them from getting skipped in the process. Even gifting for the sake of activity concerns is really "meh" with me.

As far as I see it, it is easier to work with the rules we have set up then completely adding in a rule explicitly permitting free gifting. Because as we have seen, there will be protest if it is done under questionable circumstances.

That's my proposition.

I selfishly quote myself because, at this juncture, I want to re-open this suggetion. Why not just not make a new rule that allows people to gift biju under certain circumstances and instead "permit" the "gifting" of tailed beasts? IC-wise, you would already need to survive extraction if it were a deathmatch, so that bit of RP is covered, and OOcly you can cover why the beast was transferred: "causes so and so lost". How they lost is not important, at least not for the sake of the rules, when it comes to OOC fights.

It prevents challengers from getting salty about getting skipped, and while they can understandably cry abuse if it happens often enough, preventing it from happening to successsively is if the host has challengers. If the host doesn't have challengers at all, then why hinder their ability to transfer the beast anyways? The challengers are the ones who get harmed by the transfer, not the host (in OOC, I mean, IC, losing power and potentially life can be considered harm).

If we keep stuff as concrete as possible, debates regarding the ethics of stuff can be less focused on the ethics of the perpetrator (as it so often gets thrown to) and more on the ethics of the rule that allowed it in the first place.

I mean, I was okay with the first two new rules that Shadow proposed, but saw #3 as unecessary. But if some variant of #3 has to be implemented, why not just default the "why" to "oh, we lost" instead of reinventing the wheel. Friends can still spare each other at the end of the fight, even help each other live and all that good jazz if they're feeling comfortable, but any debate as to the legitness of the "transfer" should direct things towards the rules, not the players.

The worst part about this is that the new host gets a grace period, but bear in mind that, gift or not, the new host has to adjust somewhat to having the tailed beast, and with inheriting any potential foes from the old list, it is only fair to give them the same benefit that any other host would have. They can't abuse that unless there are no challengers, but the grace period only prevents battles form being waged, not people from openly challenging for the beast.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2015, 09:29:28 PM »

By adjusting I assume you mean waiting some weeks to automatically bag all the tails ? <<;
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.