Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Expansions  (Read 3928 times)

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Expansions
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 07:04:41 PM »

Neji has the seconds of inactivity set to 520 seconds before auto logoff which amounts to about 8.6 mins. So a little under 9.

Am I the only one who writes out their whole post before posting it? (Doesn't like living life on the edge)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 07:06:28 PM by Shadowxx »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 09:03:38 PM »

It depends for me. Sometimes I'll sit down and right out full posts depending on the severity of the fight or how badly I wish to be a stickler for detail, but I usually don't

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 07:36:19 PM »

I won't raise the timeout :D makes little sense if you chat up ppl you *think* are on but are not =/

That is a thing to consider, but I can put a warning in place somewhere.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 07:56:03 PM »

I won't raise the timeout :D makes little sense if you chat up ppl you *think* are on but are not =/

I'm sure that I'm not the only one familiar with the feeling of thinking somebody is taking a while to reply, when they're really timing out/leaving their comp.

Maybe some sort of warning system should be in place if we do have an extended timeout. Like you know how there's either a red or green dot by a person's name in your mailbox that indicates whether or not someone is offline or online? How about a yellow and orange dot that shows their inactivity before going logout red.

Example
0-4 minutes of inactivity since last page load/refresh = green
5-9 = yellow
10-14 = orange
15 = red/offline

This example is based on a 15 minute timeout. If I remember correctly, 10 minutes is the current timeout.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 08:17:28 PM »

I'm sure that I'm not the only one familiar with the feeling of thinking somebody is taking a while to reply, when they're really timing out/leaving their comp.

Maybe some sort of warning system should be in place if we do have an extended timeout. Like you know how there's either a red or green dot by a person's name in your mailbox that indicates whether or not someone is offline or online? How about a yellow and orange dot that shows their inactivity before going logout red.

Example
5-9 = yellow
10-14 = orange
15 = red/offline

This example is based on a 15 minute timeout. If I remember correctly, 10 minutes is the current timeout.

That sounds reasonable to me.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 04:30:13 AM »

people do not log out on purpose?

that seems pretty silly given the frequency that spawns a bad nav.

I just hate losing my post cause it takes me longer to post it than the server allows me to be logged in to write it.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 06:48:22 PM »

Example
5-9 = yellow
10-14 = orange
15 = red/offline

That sounds reasonable though the unfortunate mobile users already take a while to post unless you are just as fast using a mobile keyboard as to a real one. Anyway I like the idea of a warning system telling the user is about to log out due to 'timing out'

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2015, 08:01:51 PM »

Telling the user themselves they are about to time out is already in play. Turn on ajax and idle on a screen. At like the 3 mine mark or two or w/e it will show a warning message.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 12:57:24 AM »

So bumping this back up, for the sake of promoting more characters per post at the very least. My original suggestions were 750 or 1000. Spam could be easily reportable to mods, and from there be deleted by them.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 02:10:07 AM »

If I were to write out the entirety of my posting reply on a word doc and then paste it in later i would time out while composing. So I write each post then and there rushing to complete before the time out.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 19 queries.