Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Blame game  (Read 2532 times)

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
Blame game
« on: January 04, 2015, 03:27:33 PM »

Before you go and try to blame Kiri for voiding, you need to be sure you have the facts straight. Blaming people is a issue we have seen countless times, and for people who are well known here to play this blame game is uncalled for. If you have an issue with how we handled this situation because we were locked in RP with Sabu, who went inactive, didn't even post within the specified time frame, then that is not our fault.

We have our own things we want to do, but when we can't do those things, you are causing an issue to us. Stop playing this pathetic game and grow up already as we can be mature adults about it

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Jolt

• Warning: HIGH VOLTAGE!
    • View Profile
Re: Blame game
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 04:46:30 PM »

I think this should be meant more so for a pm. Seems a little direct and unnecessary to be posted as a topic, and by the way things have been going lately this would eventually succumb to bickering.
Ever wonder how 10,000,000 watts through your whole body felt? I can demonstrate that for you.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:11:09 PM »

I don't blame them for voiding Sabu at all, I would have too.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:47:27 PM by bocchiere »

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 11:47:45 PM »

I think this should be meant more so for a pm. Seems a little direct and unnecessary to be posted as a topic, and by the way things have been going lately this would eventually succumb to bickering.

Eh, it's whatever. I am just trying to point something out as we have already taken the blame for the recent void and didn't even get clarification. It's also childish in a way.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 02:55:18 AM »

Rules are rules, correct. They would apply to both parties I would think... thus where is there reason to blame? If anyone is blaming someone for following rules then simply put they are the one/ones at fault.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 04:32:23 AM »

Lot's o' passive aggressive Shadow does sense.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 04:36:44 AM »

*Gives her new hands*
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 04:58:25 AM »

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 11:47:11 PM »

But as to the serious part...its really cool how Kiri threw a snow viewing festival and them metagamed cancelling it because an enemy showed up at the gate. So then my characters change up from rping the festival to reacting to the village ANBU preparing for something...sinister...they never did find out what that was because no one responds to them...unless I leap into your arms and beat you over the head...my charcters are largely ignored in Kiri.

I don't care if we have to cancel the festival because we encountered Sabu attacking the village, went inactive, and never posted over the past 2-3 weeks. What matters is we waited, there was no post, and we moved on from RP lock. I didn't send the message, but someone must have let him know he had a specific time frame, but I haven't heard anything.

Grow up? yeah you should learn to take a joke. Cause last time I looked around? You been here at this lame ass game about a whole year longer than me. he he ha ha laugh joke joke just teasing...not mad or being pissy here...

I wouldn't see this being called a joke when we were actually being serious during the encounter, yet I am done with this thread because I have seen too much childish response when Kiri has other things going on.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 11:58:43 PM »

Hm, I've realized my only home has been Kirigakure.
Every dragon kill, as far as I can remember, always Kirigakure. :O

For anyone whose interest level just peaked due to this incredible, self-praising, fact, time for your annual doctor's visit. :P

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 01:57:36 AM »

I think we can all agree on both that Sabu has poofed so dealing with the issue was correct, but that it could also have been handled better.

So yah, me thinks that's enough of the blame game, no point to keep hard feelings about when we're all full well capable of getting along. As a friendly suggestion I'll also quote an earlier line; next time when such a situation happens, you could CC the disappeared party having made a hasty retreat or something along those lines. It gets them out of your faces as desired, and without risking breaking any RP timelines too, not even to mention should the poofed individual resume activity at a later date they will no doubt appreciate being alive IC still too.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 03:11:19 AM »

Hm, I've realized my only home has been Kirigakure.
Every dragon kill, as far as I can remember, always Kirigakure. :O

For anyone whose interest level just peaked due to this incredible, self-praising, fact, time for your annual doctor's visit. :P

I'm only interested because I feel sorry for you.  ;)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 05:45:17 PM »

But as to the serious part...its really cool how Kiri threw a snow viewing festival and them metagamed cancelling it because an enemy showed up at the gate. So then my characters change up from rping the festival to reacting to the village ANBU preparing for something...sinister...they never did find out what that was because no one responds to them...unless I leap into your arms and beat you over the head...my charcters are largely ignored in Kiri.

Then...once you all get rp locked you just void the whole encounter and revert back to the festival...so once more my character's lame RP has to be reworked to account for the latest NEW reality of the village.

And who decides this? One two people in a clan...for the whole board. fine...I agree to no RP locks...everyone knows ho wi hate that.

There was no way, shape, or form a meta-game for the higher ups to defend their villagers by placing them out of predicted harm's way. It's effing Sabumaru, he doesn't play nice and he plays messy. So how in the hell can you call it metaing when the village and its people were thought of first?

Second, it was the entire council deciding it, not "one or two" people. Kiri is trying to get roleplay started back up on its boards and we don't have the time to sit around for weeks on end in a RP lock.

Third, your characters weren't adding anything to the festival at all. Bre actually was entertains until she decided to be a troll and set that trash can on fire after not being responded too immediately. [Which it had been dealt with, anyways. <<] And Shima has been nothing but a effing thorn in our side after your meltdown is the village board that got wiped by Shikki. So, if you want your characters to be interacted with, give a good solid reason and roleplay that would allow such an interaction!

Instead, you turn them into passive aggressive thorns that, when not dealt with in your time frame, it's all of a sudden "Ah, it's an attack on Kay's characters. Let's try to start stupid shit to get noticed."

Oh, and haha, hehe, hear the tone in my voice?

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 06:27:26 PM »

And there was no way, shape or form you couldn't have been a grown-up and just left it be as I suggested? This crap flinging fest benefits nobody, so stop it already, all of you.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 06:56:44 PM »

And there was no way, shape or form you couldn't have been a grown-up and just left it be as I suggested? This crap flinging fest benefits nobody, so stop it already, all of you.

I believe a lock would be the most effective way to at least put an end to this thread. Otherwise we can expect a rebuttal within a week's timeframe.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.