Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Orochimaru's Hideout  (Read 2917 times)

Teostra

• View Profile
Orochimaru's Hideout
« on: January 11, 2015, 12:11:53 AM »

My main gripe about this place, is that it seems rather pointless risk/reward doesn't seem worth it. On top of that, the enemies really feel as if they're unchanged from LotGD. Right now I encountered a0 Disembodied Spectre which lunges at you with ghostly powers. Doesn't really sound very Naruto/Ninja-y.
The enemies should be easy fixes. They could be something like, 'Failed Kaguya Experiment w/ Inside-Out Body' or 'Manda Clone w/ Deadly Venom' or 'Ninja Prisoner w/ Curse Seal' or some other suggestions.
And as for risk/reward, we all know there's plenty of instant deaths that can occur in the hideout but the enemies you encounter there are also extremely difficult. After completing the dungeon, this is my reward.
You finished the maze in 159 turns.
You find a treasure of 0 gold and 0 gems.
I know you're going to say 'Oh, you didn't make it out fast enough', but even when I had, it wasn't really that great of a reward. Would it be possible to make it a rare random encounter within the hideout to fight Orochimaru himself (doing so would be able to net you an Oro kill, maybe?) but he would be extremely buffed up (kind of like the chipmunk boss) so that it would be difficult to actually kill him and 'skipping' that Oro kill would actually be hard to achieve. Either that, or increase the amount of stuff that you can get from completing the dungeon by adding items to the things you can get by completing it.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Orochimaru's Hideout
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 01:28:06 AM »

Well you know it was coming so I'll say it anyway, you didn't make it out fast enough, cause it actually is quite a good gem amount if you get out. Enemies, I suppose the sort you suggested might be spookier.

Fighting oro would make no sense, it is after all an abandoned hideout. If enough people feel like it to warrant a change though, an item or two might not be so bad. Contrary to popular belief, the ones you can forge/create at kiri can actually be very good, especially at lower kills.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 03:13:55 AM »

Oh, I completely forgot it was supposed to be abandoned. I guess I've just run into it so much, I've just stopped reading the fine print. So scrap the Oro idea then. But at least make it more Naruto-related with the enemies.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 05:27:13 AM »

Well you know it was coming so I'll say it anyway, you didn't make it out fast enough, cause it actually is quite a good gem amount if you get out. Enemies, I suppose the sort you suggested might be spookier.

Fighting oro would make no sense, it is after all an abandoned hideout. If enough people feel like it to warrant a change though, an item or two might not be so bad. Contrary to popular belief, the ones you can forge/create at kiri can actually be very good, especially at lower kills.

Maybe you can find a recipe in Oro's hideout or something. I agree, the rewards do seem a bit lackluster considering the danger, time, and difficulty of getting through the place without a map.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 02:50:21 PM »

Recipes are no longer bought, never found, they come at random as you go up in orokills.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 16 queries.