Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 8 Gates Death  (Read 4477 times)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Gates Death
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 09:18:18 PM »

Bit too late with that Kage. I acquired both the markings from Hagoromo last year already, IC too at that. None of this 'oh I claim so I haz nao' nonsense.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 09:18:53 PM »

So then who's Hagoromo? Or who controls him.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 09:24:36 PM »

I did this once. Should anyone ever question Warren further of the encounter in public though I might ask Rinoa's help with it, because she does good stuff when she's not lazy, and GM text looks much nicer than || in front of every damn post too.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 09:26:18 PM »

Bit too late with that Kage. I acquired both the markings from Hagoromo last year already, IC too at that. None of this 'oh I claim so I haz nao' nonsense.
Excuse meh, but I have some hard, in-character, role-played documentation for my claim here.

(1m36s) <||||> Uchiha Kage becomes shocked as a strange white circle mark appears on the palm of his right hand. "Woah." He then proceeds to examine the mark with his Sharingan, "Yep, that's some Yang-natured chakra alright."

So then who's Hagoromo? Or who controls him.
If I remember correctly, there was an agreement upon anybody not being able to RP Hagoromo or Kaguya. Mainly because their existence and running-about could stir up some pretty bad RP and claims. Especially with Kaguya. There's also some time-displacement stuff that people could legitimately bring up too. And even if anybody where to create their own Hagoromo or Kaguya, they would most-likely be voided/ignored.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2015, 09:32:58 PM »

I, uh, don't know if you guys are really being serious or not 'bout this >.>;

Thought it was decided anything like that was void here on SL xD Especially because I am pretty sure that move requires Ten Tails chakra and all, right? o.o; Or, the Old Man's direct strength. And the old man, last I checked, was banned here on SL...

Now I'm just lost >.>
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 09:37:32 PM »

I, uh, don't know if you guys are really being serious or not 'bout this >.>;

Thought it was decided anything like that was void here on SL xD Especially because I am pretty sure that move requires Ten Tails chakra and all, right? o.o; Or, the Old Man's direct strength. And the old man, last I checked, was banned here on SL...

Now I'm just lost >.>
The old man isn't allowed, but all of his powers are welcomed with open arms. Besides, you really don't want somebody that can bring himself back from the dead popping up around, do you?

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2015, 09:39:29 PM »

How are people supposed to get his power without him here? lol

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 09:42:37 PM »

How are people supposed to get his power without him here? lol
You can ask the same question for about 57% of the techniques, powers and abilities that exist.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 09:43:42 PM »

Yeah but I just assumed that power of the guy who created pretty much everything would have different circumstances. Especially considering their op nature.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 09:44:33 PM »

And I posted my own stuff of following canon basically every step of the way all over the goddamn site over RL months last year, not two minutes ago, I even flooded the desert board pretty bad when I finalized the sealing ritual and stuff along with some others o_O not even to begin with having studied ninshuu for even longer, major rehauling of the character's views on things like chakra and shinobi in general, et cetera.

Like I let you get away with ignoring me telling you why exactly you can't just bs a gudodama with sage mode because it was amusing watching you roll it around like a tumbleweed, but really man, can't you at least try to think of something new other than the plain old claim so dibs?

What comes to voiding rikudou stuff and people, I quit caring a longass time ago, not that I ever followed most of the nonsensical lithany of rules in place nowadays anyway. If I can play something out in a regulated, sensible manner people will have fun with, then you can be damn sure I'm gonna do it too.

What comes to original topic, sticking to my statement; you can prolong it a little while if you splurge chakra on op healing measures, but you will still die.

As for you Ichiro, I met him in a dream sequence, about the same as Naruto and Sasuke did.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 10:08:30 PM »

And I posted my own stuff of following canon basically every step of the way all over the goddamn site over RL months last year, not two minutes ago, I even flooded the desert board pretty bad when I finalized the sealing ritual and stuff along with some others o_O not even to begin with having studied ninshuu for even longer, major rehauling of the character's views on things like chakra and shinobi in general, et cetera.

Like I let you get away with ignoring me telling you why exactly you can't just bs a gudodama with sage mode because it was amusing watching you roll it around like a tumbleweed, but really man, can't you at least try to think of something new other than the plain old claim so dibs?

What comes to voiding rikudou stuff and people, I quit caring a longass time ago, not that I ever followed most of the nonsensical lithany of rules in place nowadays anyway. If I can play something out in a regulated, sensible manner people will have fun with, then you can be damn sure I'm gonna do it too.

What comes to original topic, sticking to my statement; you can prolong it a little while if you splurge chakra on op healing measures, but you will still die.

As for you Ichiro, I met him in a dream sequence, about the same as Naruto and Sasuke did.
Calm down. It's just a bit of satire.

But if you really want to void all that Rikudou stuff, you gotta propose a line drawn with the community. Like, if we just outright say that everything Rikudou-related is straight-up banned/voided, then that's pretty much killing all KG. Maybe chakra too. But we all know that's not going to happen. There are levels of the bar that you can propose setting here.

But that also brings into question, what is the community and what power do they have, if any, at all?
If you want to get real technical here, nobody has any power to say who can have what. This is because RP is a secondary aspect on SL. So everyone can be whatever they want, even if it's not ninjas. Heck, somebody could just drop a space colony on the ninja world and be done with it.

This is where voiding comes into play. To "void" someone or something, is to not acknowledge that it never happened. If two parties don't agree with each other on something, one is bound to void something of the other. Or perhaps both.

Now this is where guidelines and rules come into play. These are writings that set some lines on regulating RP. This is usually done by the creator(s) or mod(s) of said RP site. But since RP is secondary, it falls into the hands of the community. Who or what is the community? Those which choose to participate in RPing.

Here's an example.
Nathan is declared Hokage. The people who RP in Konoha and are Konoha nin acknowledge it. Others in the SL-verse acknowledge it. I acknowledge it. It is acknowledged by most of the active RPing community.

But hold on. Only most acknowledge it? Apparently so. Not everybody agrees or acknowledges with Nathan being the Rokudaime Hokage.

Please note that the above example is merely an example. But it is outlined from a current situation in regards of who is/was in charge of what village. Not going to point fingers or call out names, since my whole point in explaining all this is to keep heavy conflict from happening. That is, harassment and the such. But be certain, conflict WILL arise. It's our job, as well as the rest of the community's, to ensure that it's orderly conflict. That is, where we actually get to discussing these things and creating rulings/guidelines for them, along with being in agreement on it.

So if anybody has a beef with something, then go ahead and bring it up. It is highly encouraged. Bring up some of that sweet conflict, so we can get it resolved. But remember to keep it orderly. That's the tough part.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 10:20:41 PM »

On that regard, its looking like death gate death -no pun intended- can be delayed by OP healing powers, but not prevented.

Unless someone blindsides with a so far unthought of mega argument that wrecks everything.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 11:00:19 PM »

So he doesn't exist.. but he comes to us in dreams..

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 11:04:10 PM »

So he doesn't exist.. but he comes to us in dreams..
Actually, that would most-likely fall under bringing him into current play, since technically he's being controlled by someone. Spontaneous abilities and technique creation is more acceptable though.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 11:05:20 PM »

I'm just tuggin' on your ball strings.

But really though
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 16 queries.