Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Should Bijuu be for sale?

yes
no
who cares?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kyuubi for Sale?  (Read 4380 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Kyuubi for Sale?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 10:13:29 PM »

Tell you guys what, I recently got a raise and promotion at work; meaning I have a little extra money laying around for my own purpose of spending it on whatever.  :twisted:

I'll try to buy the accounts, including the one that has Kyuubi and if I do win it... (Knock on wood)
I'll re-distribute it to the proper users or simply give it away to some random Kage.

I can't make any promises that I'll be able to do these things with Kyuubi, considering that I don't know if any challengers were still for it.

We'll just see into the bidding ends and hopefully this will settle this whole situation down. :cool:

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 01:21:49 AM »

I'm staying away from this, just an FYI

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 01:28:52 AM »

My two cents...

Is Kyuubi linked to the actual person or the character?
The answer, so there is not another topic in which it takes 10 pages for an answer, seems to be the character- obvious, yes?

Alright. If the character is sold, well, that Kyuubi is still linked with the character.
I'm not going to discuss the so called "ethics" as that is in itself a different discussion.  Having that discussion, we can uncover how the "ethics" of many things have been "violated". Point being, everyone's ethics is different. And, I don't think it is necessary to discuss for this issue.

What option solves this issue the quickest? =)

Again, Kyuubi is *linked* to the character. That is the fundamental point...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:29:49 AM by Ace »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 01:44:59 AM »

My two cents...

The answer, so there is not another topic in which it takes 10 pages for an answer, seems to be the character- obvious, yes?

Alright. If the character is sold, well, that Kyuubi is still linked with the character.
I'm not going to discuss the so called "ethics" as that is in itself a different discussion.  Having that discussion, we can uncover how the "ethics" of many things have been "violated". Point being, everyone's ethics is different. And, I don't think it is necessary to discuss for this issue.

I'm not selling the character. You get that account and the IC claims in the form of the actual items themselves or scrolls in which to learn the techniques. You also get the 9 tails. It's just a take over the world starter set.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 02:09:38 AM »

that's very nice of you Kamui but the situation has been resovled.
the only thing left is for people to make their nasty comments about me...

figured to let everyone get their fill of that before locking the thread.

wouldn't want to leave out anyone I notified about this situation to miss out, right?

but cause it is the most lol-worthy thing in the world to think someone who buys something might actually think they own it and therefore are the only one to have say over it.

but I am just an idiot who thinks that money exchanging hands confers ownership and all that it means.

Of course, how dull witted of me not to realize that even though this future buyer has paid money for it that this delightful community would just mob him and take what he rightfully owns if they don't like the way he plays with his own purchases.

I forgot where I was for a moment.

please forgive my very odd sense of...

well everything, right?

Let's not go there. As you said, the biggest part of the issue has been resolved more or less.

My two cents...

I'm not selling the character. You get that account and the IC claims in the form of the actual items themselves or scrolls in which to learn the techniques. You also get the 9 tails. It's just a take over the world starter set.

So everything from your character except the character himself? Well shoot, they are pretty much paying for someone to human path you and take the 9-tails, with any resets on your account thrown in as an added bonus lol.

Tell you guys what, I recently got a raise and promotion at work; meaning I have a little extra money laying around for my own purpose of spending it on whatever.  :twisted:

I'll try to buy the accounts, including the one that has Kyuubi and if I do win it... (Knock on wood)
I'll re-distribute it to the proper users or simply give it away to some random Kage.

I can't make any promises that I'll be able to do these things with Kyuubi, considering that I don't know if any challengers were still for it.

We'll just see into the bidding ends and hopefully this will settle this whole situation down. :cool:

We don't need another redistribution Kamui, but thank you for the offer. And congrats.

My two cents...

Kyuubi, as is being sold and as proof by Bocc's post, will not be sold along with the character, only all of the character's, well, stuff. Traditionally tailed beasts have been linked to characters and not players, but since Bocc's character is not also being sold off (merely the account, the resets, and IC claims apparently) then one of the most essential things to the character identity-wise, the history and personality, is being left out of the sale. Meaning that, the 9-tails is moreso linked to the player than the character in this particular situation.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.