Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Proposal  (Read 11190 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Proposal
« on: January 16, 2015, 07:25:26 AM »

censored
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:35:46 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Proposal
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 08:23:11 AM »

I may be new here, but let me drop in my two cents.

If there is going to be regulation on something fictional and all about a community roleplaying together, then the community should come together on agreement. Don't make challenging a holder so strick to start with. For the players who will have the bijuu to start with, we have to decide where they fit in in the SL world. Are they protected by a village like Naruto and Bee? Are they roamers like the three tails? I know it technically didn't have a host, but you know what I mean. Or are they part of an organization or clan, like the ones Akatsuki already had?
If the global bingo book idea is implemented into the game, then maybe it can also play a role in determining who is good and who is evil. Obviously, the evil guys are probably going to try and take the bijuu for their evil needs while the good guys are probably trying to use the bijuu to protect villages.
Back onto challenging. If someone challenges a bijuu, all they have to do is ask. No waiting for the previous person who challenged them. Waiting for people to post stuff in SL slows everything to a snail's pace. The bijuu holder has to accept all challenges. Or to make things better, what about doing away with formal asking? Not like Akatsuki penciled in an appointment with the three tails. Just make everything RP-Wise. Sure, there would need to be a public list so people know what's official, but it should require some espionage to find out who has what RP wise.
Another key thing. Leave personal lives at home. Remember, this is just a game. No cyber-bullying. No bull. Just have fun with it. And if you're a holder and are going to quit, let the community know so it can be passed on. People who also have bad conduct should also have their bijuu revoked if they don't comply after two warnings. And that's generous. By bad conduct, I mean slandering and RL things. Just being RP evil doesn't count.
This is the ninja world. Ninjas backstab and spy. Becoming the friend of a holder just to turn on them is a valid idea. But be prepared for repercussions. Like falling into lava and dying in your son's arm in a sequel.
Sorry for the long and messy post. I'm about to go to sleep and I saw all this bickering and mudslinging and honestly, it pissed me off that people were getting their panties so bunched up over a game. Just play it and have fun. We come here to unwind and escape the crap we put up with during the day. People shouldn't come here and get more stressed out.

Also, what's up with the bijuu fights on the forums? Why can't people just do it in the zones? Seems like once you're posting a three paragraph response, you're moving your whole side of the chessboard at the same time. This isn't dragon ball z, where characters take 5 episodes to make a move. We're going to die of old age before anything gets done at that rate. Fighters involved in those things should agree on a time and place when it comes time to throw down. Don't drag it on for real life days. Maybe in game time can actually matter at that point too.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:29:49 AM by Becquerel »
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 01:47:52 PM »

Positivity would be awesome to see, I agree. However facts are not like that. They are cold and mean.

It's been 10 years. Lots of topics made especially within the past few months and then the whole thing with the council when Rai and Fifty were still with us. All of that...I do remember a Zenaku being there also. Huh...2-3 years ago almost..The whole thread with the bijuu council and jink elects. Moving from nostalgia:

Point is it can't be done. A solid set of rules that blocks out any chance of argument or fights. Even if you want rules that decrease fighting it will still be there.

The stories always change, new things happen, there's a constant onslaught of different scenarios. Different people.

The rules we have now cover a lot, but it's a lot like a countries rules and such. You take the United States been around a couple hundred years and still laws get adjusted to fit new scenarios or take older ones like England, China, any of them. All rules, still arguments, disagreements, ect.

You're looking for a near perfect set that will kill almost all the issues. There isn't one.

TL;DR

The current set of rules we have are near as perfect as they can get. With room for being better obviously. Like I said. There will always be fighting. Always.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 04:52:33 PM »

[inflammatory]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:49:26 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 04:53:08 PM »

@Bec: The short story is, those are essentially the rules we had before this set. They failed miserably. Also, we do bijuu fights on the forums because on the site posts are automatically deleted after a few weeks. Since people are in the habit of not posting for 4-5 days the first chunk of your fight quickly ceases to exist and if there is some problem regarding it there is nothing to go back and look on, unless people saved each portion. So basically the forum just does that for you. Though if you think three paragraphs is a long post you've got another thing coming. xD

-Raises his hand- How about we wait for a certain character to quit lurking these fields before we try and make change.

"I would like to see responses to this thread made with a positive tone...."

So maybe not posts that are going to tempt people to incite shouting matches?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:00:27 PM by Bocchiere »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 05:22:13 PM »

Why not just get rid of the official tailed beast aspect of the game? There are not alot of people who want to be a host, and some hosts hardly even want to stay host because of bullcrap. Keeping these tailed beats, after years of this madness, is just not worth it in my opinion.

Biju holders hold something that universally, everyone in the game should have access to due to what they are. That means that they lose a considerable amount of their own power to dictate and control who and what they RP, and that is not really all that fun. On the flip side, to try and balance that, hosts are often given at least some power over thier fights, and that in turn can get challengers in a bunch.

Doing it all IC led to massive fights in the village square that was riddled with OOC, mudslinging, crapslinging (there is a difference, and if you've been here for any length of time, you can smell the difference) and extremely unproductive conflicts. Doing it all OOC eased the issue some, but the problem still remained that the hosts were obligated to fight for their beasts, and challengers were often obligated to try to work with the host.

And forcing people to work together is clearly a crime against humanity, because people will be people.

Get rid of tailed beasts. Period. The people in the Naruto Series did not have that choice, but we do, and I feel that as a community, we would be better off without them. People don't want rules to strictly govern it, making exceptions opens loopholes, and even when all the rules are followed, the terrible state of zoning etiquette always creeps in to collapse the whole thing.

-------------

-Raises his hand- How about we wait for a certain character to quit lurking these fields before we try and make change.

Sounds like a volunteer to me. Otherwise, this is nothing more than an attempt at instigating, which is not what this thread is about. Take it somewhere else, I at least am not putting up with it in this thread beyond this point.

... rather than say, "this won't work because..." just don't bother to reply. negativism is not useful.

instead say, "What if we tried this because..." with real thought into mending this aspect of game play.

It should be possible for people to do what is right, fair, friendly, and fun for all...

My only other recommendations include:

Have it so that hosts may be granted the ability to deny the challenges of up to a certain number of challengers at a single time. It should be something small like 1-3 since, as stated earlier, people are not exactly flocking to get the burden of a tailed beast (and it is a burden right now, truly) and forcing people to zone with other people has almost been as explosive as trying to figure out whether their reason for denying was valid enough to deny the challenge. Everybody gets a short list of people they will not fight a challenge with. If a challenger finds that more than two hosts have him/her on the list, he/she might need to wonder why (though arbitrary is not necessarily out of the realm of possibility, there is likely a reason).

I would also suggest making all challenges OOC with no consequences to either party afterwards except the transfer of biju. Honestly, when one's character is not on the line, it is so much easier to just let go of a minor issue or two in the interest of keeping the fight going. You can't have nearly as much fun in a biju match if you have to try to survive and nitpick every little thing, which has become the norm for IC fights between conflicting parties.

That's my nickel; the first 3 cents that I am very confident will better the problem, and the other 2 cents as a sort of understanding that there are people who stubbornly want to keep the beasts around.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 05:40:48 PM »

Why not just get rid of the official tailed beast aspect of the game? There are not alot of people who want to be a host, and some hosts hardly even want to stay host because of bullcrap. Keeping these tailed beats, after years of this madness, is just not worth it in my opinion.

Biju holders hold something that universally, everyone in the game should have access to due to what they are. That means that they lose a considerable amount of their own power to dictate and control who and what they RP, and that is not really all that fun. On the flip side, to try and balance that, hosts are often given at least some power over thier fights, and that in turn can get challengers in a bunch.

Doing it all IC led to massive fights in the village square that was riddled with OOC, mudslinging, crapslinging (there is a difference, and if you've been here for any length of time, you can smell the difference) and extremely unproductive conflicts. Doing it all OOC eased the issue some, but the problem still remained that the hosts were obligated to fight for their beasts, and challengers were often obligated to try to work with the host.

And forcing people to work together is clearly a crime against humanity, because people will be people.

Get rid of tailed beasts. Period. The people in the Naruto Series did not have that choice, but we do, and I feel that as a community, we would be better off without them. People don't want rules to strictly govern it, making exceptions opens loopholes, and even when all the rules are followed, the terrible state of zoning etiquette always creeps in to collapse the whole thing.

-------------

Sounds like a volunteer to me. Otherwise, this is nothing more than an attempt at instigating, which is not what this thread is about. Take it somewhere else, I at least am not putting up with it in this thread beyond this point.

... rather than say, "this won't work because..." just don't bother to reply. negativism is not useful.

instead say, "What if we tried this because..." with real thought into mending this aspect of game play.

It should be possible for people to do what is right, fair, friendly, and fun for all...

My only other recommendations include:

Have it so that hosts may be granted the ability to deny the challenges of up to a certain number of challengers at a single time. It should be something small like 1-3 since, as stated earlier, people are not exactly flocking to get the burden of a tailed beast (and it is a burden right now, truly) and forcing people to zone with other people has almost been as explosive as trying to figure out whether their reason for denying was valid enough to deny the challenge. Everybody gets a short list of people they will not fight a challenge with. If a challenger finds that more than two hosts have him/her on the list, he/she might need to wonder why (though arbitrary is not necessarily out of the realm of possibility, there is likely a reason).

I would also suggest making all challenges OOC with no consequences to either party afterwards except the transfer of biju. Honestly, when one's character is not on the line, it is so much easier to just let go of a minor issue or two in the interest of keeping the fight going. You can't have nearly as much fun in a biju match if you have to try to survive and nitpick every little thing, which has become the norm for IC fights between conflicting parties.

That's my nickel; the first 3 cents that I am very confident will better the problem, and the other 2 cents as a sort of understanding that there are people who stubbornly want to keep the beasts around.

As eloquently stated as always, Eric. The highlighted portions have my utmost vote. At this point, I am heavily leaning towards banning the bijū.

Should there be a limit imposed for denied challengers: I say 3 max.
And that is for the PLAYER(S), not the character(s). If a player attempts to circumnavigate around the denial by using an alt and is caught, then it becomes a perma-ban from challenging that specific host until the beast changes hands.

---------------------------------------

Just a random thought that occurred with what Eric said about everyone having access: What if the bijūs became their own entity and were unaffiliated with any specific person? Instead, they are played by the moderators using that text that rids of the player name and it becomes world text.

From there, the moderators can have the beasts roam the countryside or visit villages. Or can also become violent and attack people or villages to stimulate roleplay. When nice, people could seek them out to gain friendship, borrow chakra, learn new ninjutsu, etc. When evil, it would cause the villages to band together and test the mettle of some roleplayers in the zones. However, the beast doesn't kill people nor finish off a village. If sufficiently defended against, it retreats. If it looks like a win, walks away smugly before landing the killing blow. Humiliation is a damn good motivator as well.

EDIT:

Just a shameless plug. But I'm real damned proud of that idea.
Probably will become violently shot down, but still damned proud. ^^
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:43:19 PM by Dart »

Jolt

• Warning: HIGH VOLTAGE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 05:53:35 PM »

I like this idea. Void and lets revert back to 06-08 shinobilegends roleplay.  8)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:01:56 PM by Jolt »
Ever wonder how 10,000,000 watts through your whole body felt? I can demonstrate that for you.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 06:00:41 PM »

I haven't fully read any of the posts, save for Kayenta's first two posts, but I wanted to show my open vote for completely voiding and removing the beasts.

I'll make a more official post when I'm more awake, but yeah.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 06:05:47 PM »

Just a random thought that occurred with what Eric said about everyone having access: What if the bijūs became their own entity and were unaffiliated with any specific person? Instead, they are played by the moderators using that text that rids of the player name and it becomes world text.

From there, the moderators can have the beasts roam the countryside or visit villages. Or can also become violent and attack people or villages to stimulate roleplay. When nice, people could seek them out to gain friendship, borrow chakra, learn new ninjutsu, etc. When evil, it would cause the villages to band together and test the mettle of some roleplayers in the zones. However, the beast doesn't kill people nor finish off a village. If sufficiently defended against, it retreats. If it looks like a win, walks away smugly before landing the killing blow. Humiliation is a damn good motivator as well.

The problem with that would be the activity of the said moderators. I see that Ace and Nathan are usually very active, but I don't see many of the other ones. AtomKai was last online 36 days ago. Xaos was last on 68 days ago. Shikki was last on 36 days ago. The others were all on within three days. Not only would they have to be active, but they would also have to accept this position of controlling the Bijuu. I think there used to be appointed Game Masters in the past from what I've heard, but I don't know if that still exists/they're still active. This all is incredibly muddled and seems like it needs a complete overhaul. Even if game-masters are appointed, then they need to be people who are not here to make friends and are not afraid to have people hate them. Game masters are supposed to be neutral over-seers with no ulterior motive besides enhancing the fun of the game world. I'm for removing the bijuu holder official list, but if they're still going to be in the universe, then they should be controlled by active game-masters. Either that or have villages/clans control them kind of like in the actual series.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 06:10:06 PM »

The problem with that would be the activity of the said moderators. I see that Ace and Nathan are usually very active, but I don't see many of the other ones. AtomKai was last online 36 days ago. Xaos was last on 68 days ago. Shikki was last on 36 days ago. The others were all on within three days. Not only would they have to be active, but they would also have to accept this position of controlling the Bijuu. I think there used to be appointed Game Masters in the past from what I've heard, but I don't know if that still exists/they're still active. This all is incredibly muddled and seems like it needs a complete overhaul. Even if game-masters are appointed, then they need to be people who are not here to make friends and are not afraid to have people hate them. Game masters are supposed to be neutral over-seers with no ulterior motive besides enhancing the fun of the game world. I'm for removing the bijuu holder official list, but if they're still going to be in the universe, then they should be controlled by active game-masters. Either that or have villages/clans control them kind of like in the actual series.

With world text, you have no idea who is controlling what beast. So that's a plus. New GMs made be needed but there are plenty of people on the site who sit on the fence and would be willing to take both the praise and heat that came along with directing a bijū.

The clan thing is already done now by having hosts within the clan..
<.< And that still causes problems.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 12:48:04 AM »

Mods control the in-game aspect and damage control. They approve stuff, they make sure the kiddies are playing nice and all that.

The only mods that actually help RP are Kamui and Nathan. More so the aforementioned. All the others dabble in RP when they please or are inactive and don't care. Neji included. He doesn't care. More mods appointed for RP, no. I've talked to him he doesn't want to do it and in truth it doesn't need to be done. We can pick our own 'unofficial' mods just fine. As seen with the forum mods. Kay, Eric, etc.

Even still GMs controlling the beasts will solve nothing. They are there to dictate who wins on what side and give opinions. If we now start adding them into every bijuu 'event' then that will cause more trouble. While it's an idea it would just cause hate to be directed towards these persons that control said beasts in some cases.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 01:01:53 AM »

Then why don't we just do away with bijuu as tangible things? Make it so they can't be obtained. But the thing is, if you get rid of bijuu, what's the next thing people will squabble about? Setting limits somewhere just allows for limitation elsewhere as well.

So bijuu can either be free for whoever wants to use them in RP.
Make it so no one/thing can claim the bijuu and make them off limits RP-wise.
Continue to regulate 'official' bijuu status but find some sort of compromise.
Keep it as it is.

Any other options people can think of?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 01:43:50 AM »

Then why don't we just do away with bijuu as tangible things? Make it so they can't be obtained. But the thing is, if you get rid of bijuu, what's the next thing people will squabble about? Setting limits somewhere just allows for limitation elsewhere as well.

So bijuu can either be free for whoever wants to use them in RP.
Make it so no one/thing can claim the bijuu and make them off limits RP-wise.
Continue to regulate 'official' bijuu status but find some sort of compromise.
Keep it as it is.

Any other options people can think of?

Currently, there is nothing else in the game that all players are obligated to have a fair shot at. You would think the Seven Ninja Swords would fall under that, but for a long time now Kiri has kept a leash on where the swords have been (unless a member gets robbed, but i think some scroll makes it difficult even then to make off with the sword). Things of that sort fall under "Claims", more or less.

Additionally, custom items and such are often better if not comparable to the Swords. The tailed beasts have no such equivalent that is generally recognized.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 01:53:18 AM »

How about a 3 month cut-off. And by cut off I mean temporary ban on bijuu. We take them out of the game for this amount of time and see how things go? If they get better we talk about prolonging the cut-off or getting rid of the bijuu forever. If things get worse we reintroduce them.

Eh? EHHHHH?! EHYHEYHEHYEHYEHE. I'm done.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 17 queries.