Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Proposal  (Read 11153 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: Proposal
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2015, 04:51:53 AM »

So you're going on Tailed beast prohibition?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2015, 06:02:29 AM »

So you're going on Tailed beast prohibition?

I am not entirely sure what you mean by that, so I will just elaborate on what I mean:

I am still the 5-tails host. However, consider it taken out of the equation for about 3 months. I will not be fighting challenges, I will not be RPing (including training) with Kokuo influence in mind. At no point is this a surrender of the tailed beast nor the responsibility implied to return at the end of the 3 month period. Challengers will still be put on the list and all that good jizz.

As I said, I would go through my fight with Masane since we were already engaged by the time this topic picked up steam. Now that it is over, I'm going forward.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2015, 06:13:03 AM »

So if I am reading this right, we just tried to strip Isaribi of the 3 tails for being inactive, and now Eric is telling us that he is intentionally turning the bijuu off, not for 2 weeks but for 3 months, and completely removing it from rp.

Truly SL is a magical land where irony doesn't exist.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2015, 06:58:44 AM »

...If there are any who disagree, be civil, but do not hold your peace. My basis for doing this partly based in this here thread, hence why I posted here and not made a new thread.

So if I am reading this right, we just tried to strip Isaribi of the 3 tails for being inactive, and now Eric is telling us that he is intentionally turning the bijuu off, not for 2 weeks but for 3 months, and completely removing it from rp.

Truly SL is a magical land where irony doesn't exist.

Well, I did ask.  :smt110

The primary difference is that I am not planning on going inactive (or allowing any impression that I am inactive to persist) and I am announcing this in a relatively public place. It is a pretty straightforward situation here. Either you agree with it or you don't, but comparing it to the strip attempt on Isa is laughable at best, trolling at worst.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2015, 07:40:10 AM »

Or it is exactly the same thing because if anyone challenges you and decides they don't want to wait 3 months for a fight for no reason, simply because you decided so, and moved to have you stripped they would be in the right based on the current rules. Which means we'd get to have another fun 10 page topic about it.

I'm certainly not going to challenge you and your other two eternal challengers are on cooldown for 3 months anyway but at this point you're still basically crossing your fingers and hoping no one else challenges you and decides to call you out on would could very easily be called inactivity in defending your bijuu.

The point I'm making here is that removing the bijuu could very well be a good decision, so let's make it very clear that everyone is going to rp with no bijuu for a time period or update the rules that some/all are for a time period trying it. Otherwise the whole thing might just blow up in your faces.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2015, 07:47:55 AM »

Two things:
 1. I'm on six month cooldown

and 2. I still don't want to do the temp Biju thing. I mean I don't see why Eric can't try it separately but I for one and all like 'meh'

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2015, 08:23:45 AM »

Or it is exactly the same thing because if anyone challenges you and decides they don't want to wait 3 months for a fight for no reason, simply because you decided so, and moved to have you stripped they would be in the right based on the current rules. Which means we'd get to have another fun 10 page topic about it.

I'm certainly not going to challenge you and your other two eternal challengers are on cooldown for 3 months anyway but at this point you're still basically crossing your fingers and hoping no one else challenges you and decides to call you out on would could very easily be called inactivity in defending your bijuu.

The point I'm making here is that removing the bijuu could very well be a good decision, so let's make it very clear that everyone is going to rp with no bijuu for a time period or update the rules that some/all are for a time period trying it. Otherwise the whole thing might just blow up in your faces.

It wouldn't be "for no reason", the reason would be trial of the shelfing of the tailed beasts. It is clear from how this thread eventually went (as well as previous ones) that until someone more bluntly starts trying to make this happen then it will never become an eventuality. It will never get tried otherwise. And there would not be a 10 page topic about it, because if push comes to shove and we get a different result than the Isa situation, I am not going to continue pulling my hair out for this tailed beast project trying to hold onto my noose.

I will comply with the rules that have been set and I would hand the beast over then and there, but only when push comes to shove and there is simply no other way. I will moderate as necessary here on the forum, but as far as my personal RP and input would be concerned, tailed beasts would simply cease to be a thing.

I do, however, agree that this would be far more effective a motion if it were across the board. However, some jinchurikii, like Ichirou and Madara, have already expressed a lack of desire to shelf the beasts for the temporary period, while others like Dart and myself have expressed some desire to shelf them, if not permanently then temporarily. The many opinions put on this topic are still in this thread, I don't think I need to go back and touch up on all of them.

Bottom line is, as I said earlier, the ball needs to get rolling on seeing just what SL would be like without the tailed beasts, and I intend on rolling it sooner rather than later.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2015, 10:49:36 AM »

I applaud Eric for this notion.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2015, 04:47:39 PM »

This needs another topic for discussion, since one can't simply decide to shelf their Tailed Beast. Sure you may have possession of it, but that doesn't mean the community won't try to strip it from you. Though if you don't want it anymore, you can always toss it here and we could have one of those tournaments for it instead.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2015, 04:51:53 PM »

This needs another topic for discussion, since one can't simply decide to shelf their Tailed Beast. Sure you may have possession of it, but that doesn't mean the community won't try to strip it from you. Though if you don't want it anymore, you can always toss it here and we could have one of those tournaments for it instead.

Thank you.  :P

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2015, 11:24:10 PM »

Perhaps a time off between fights would serve as a solution?

It is very time consuming and restrictive to deal with back to back fights, especially if there is any drama involved. A bijuu host is more than a fighting machine and should have time to do something else once in a while...if needed or requested. Like to train or tend to their village....that is WHY we have bijuu ideally is to serve the village.

Maybe a week off without having to start the next challenge? Or maybe two? This would still fall within the 2 week inactivity clause, and while they are not RP inactive....they would be free to do other things that pertain to RP besides step into the arena once more. Prize fighters and other athletes do this. Rather than go from one fight to the next to the next they stagger them.

Well hey remember that time with Xia I was proposing 'get out of jail free' cards for hosts? Like a 1 month off for real life issues and then like a week prolonging for posting if needed.

So take the month card and squeeze it down to 2 weeks for a better limit.

So each host has 2 cards. One can be played at their will for 2 weeks leave of all host duties while not in a fight currently. They get two weeks to do whatever they want within reason.

And then a month card for RL issues if someone dies or gets sick or other things.

Of course these still have some holes in them like EVERYTHING does and there is no way to completely patch it up. We just have to take each instance at a time and deal with it. There's no solve all rule we can slap on it.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2015, 12:06:41 AM »

I really like that idea

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2015, 06:38:55 AM »

It is very time consuming and restrictive to deal with back to back fights, especially if there is any drama involved. A bijuu host is more than a fighting machine and should have time to do something else once in a while...if needed or requested. Like to train or tend to their village....that is WHY we have bijuu ideally is to serve the village.

Maybe a week off without having to start the next challenge? Or maybe two? This would still fall within the 2 week inactivity clause, and while they are not RP inactive....they would be free to do other things that pertain to RP besides step into the arena once more. Prize fighters and other athletes do this. Rather than go from one fight to the next to the next they stagger them.
[/quote]

Well hey remember that time with Xia I was proposing 'get out of jail free' cards for hosts? Like a 1 month off for real life issues and then like a week prolonging for posting if needed.

So each host has 2 cards. One can be played at their will for 2 weeks leave of all host duties while not in a fight currently. They get two weeks to do whatever they want within reason.

And then a month card for RL issues if someone dies or gets sick or other things.

Of course these still have some holes in them like EVERYTHING does and there is no way to completely patch it up. We just have to take each instance at a time and deal with it. There's no solve all rule we can slap on it.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure most/all of you don't care what I think, but I think that this should be embraced.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2015, 06:50:19 AM »

I think this is the perfect topic for us to continue discussing that as a whole. This is where the idea propagated if I may use the word like that. However, to be fair, I will start a different topic with a different way to look at what is likely the same problem.

Still just a band-aide imho.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2015, 06:53:18 AM »

You've always been able to take time off between the fights. <<
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 16 queries.