Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How do you make a page on the wikia?  (Read 4310 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
How do you make a page on the wikia?
« on: January 17, 2015, 04:38:31 PM »

I'm trying to go through this game the right way as far as RP goes. But I have legitimately no idea how to navigate the wikia and build a new page. Is there anyone who would be able to help me out or possible link me a tutorial on how to use it?
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Kage

• View Profile
Re: How do you make a page on the wikia?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 05:23:27 PM »

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 05:32:03 PM »

I kind of got that, but when I put in a character name, I get

No such special page
Special page

You have requested a special page that is not recognized by Naruto Profile Wiki. A list of valid special pages can be found at Special pages.

Return to Main Page.

At one point, I got the point where I got to that infobox thing, but I was pretty lost when I got there. Just gave me a whole bunch of boxes with info that I was able to enter and I had no idea how to insert images either.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 05:46:58 PM »

Make sure that you've made an account first. Yumei might have set page creation permissions for account holders only.

Also, make sure that your character profile page is named as: (name) (surname)

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 05:51:21 PM »

I'm trying to go through this game the right way as far as RP goes. But I have legitimately no idea how to navigate the wikia and build a new page. Is there anyone who would be able to help me out or possible link me a tutorial on how to use it?

If all else fails, start with a simpler profile storage method in order to get down all that you want to get down, and then later adapt that to narutoprofile wikia if you so choose. For example, for the longest time, my SLS profile (http://slsociety.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,2144.msg26863.html) was my primary profile because I could add things  at will without having to worry about figuring out the wikia.

When I finally got the time and inclination, I then started adapting much of it to the wikia (http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Eric_Nara#Overview). It does takes some getting used to though, so if you just want a place to store your history and such, you can use alternative sites/places to do so until you are more comfortable with the wikia.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 05:59:11 PM »

All the cool kids use the wiki though.

/logic

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 06:04:37 PM »

All the cool kids use the wiki though.

/logic

That is a rather subjective statement. And as I said, using a simpler/more famaliar profile creation location to start off with is far less frustrating than navigating the wikia, which is hardly superior to some free-to-make websites that people can make exclusively for their profile.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 06:14:55 PM »

Okay, so I've made a page and made an infobox. But I have no idea how to further edit the info box once it's done. And not exactly sure how to format all that empty space on the left away because when I go to edit the page, I just have this.

So now what? Just type it up like a word document and the formatting will automatically happen?

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 06:20:56 PM »

You basically start from there and start typing. Though I find wiki pages easier to edit in source mode.

The four main things that you'll want to make your main contents/headings are your History, Personality, Appearance and Abilities. You can make sub-headings within the headings to further indulge upon a certain subject. Look around at a few other character profiles to get a feel for what yours should look like and be composed-of.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 06:25:07 PM »

So how do I access source mode? Is that classic editor?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 08:17:31 PM »

sign onto sl and let me lead you through it. I have the time right now.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 08:25:09 PM »

anyway...Yes. You click the rectify button drop down menu and then choose classic editor.

Now two option will be available. Source mode is the one tab where you can see the code...
the other is what it looks like in published format and you use tool to make things bold or underlined and such rather than type it in the Wikia code formatting style.

I too prefer the source mode.

When you are done doing the typing in the field provided, you can then choose preview or publish...i always preview cause my pc lodes like a slacker from hell....

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 08:29:58 PM »

Here is the code from an alt I have....you can compare that to the published page for Jichou Raihana.
or you can copy and paste that into your bio and then edit out my stuff and edit in your own stuff.

I like the way several people do their pages though. As i recall Styx had some fairly cool stuff and you can go into edit mode to lift the code from them...BUT BUT BUT BUT....

DO NOT PUBLISH WHEN YOU DO<<<<<<< Back ARROW OUT through your browser so the page is not messed up for whoever you look at.

{{Infobox/Naruto/Character
 |image name=BrennaRaihana.jpg;Current
lightning.jpg;Storm Release
|unnamed character=No
|english=Three Legged Crow
|romaji=八咫烏, Yatagarasu
|other=Brenna Raihana
|species=Human
|gender=Female
|blood type=A positive
|birthdate=January 10
|deceased state=Alive
|age-part1=20
|height-part1=154 cm
|weight-part1=54 kg
|rank-part1=Jōnin
|classification=Shinobi
|occupations=Stone Sculptor
|nature type=Lightning Release, Earth Release, Water Release
|Kekkei Genkai=Storm Release
|unique traits=
|ninja registration=179441
|academy age=
|chunin age=
|clan=Raihana Clan
|affiliations=Iwagakure, Sunagakure, Shinobi Kingdom
|jutsu=
{{General Header}}<br>
{{Lightning Header}}<br>
{{Earth Header}}<br>
[[Earth Release: Dirt Wad Formation]]<br>[[Earth Release: Ground Thorns]]<br>[[Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique]]<br>[[Earth Release: Crack]]<br>[[Earth Release: Underground Fish Projection Technique]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth-Land Deflection]]<br>[[Earth Release: Armor of Earth]]<br>[[Earth Release: Stone Armour]]<br>[[Earth Release: Terra Musica]]<br>[[Earth Clone Technique]]<br>[[Earth Release: Steel Solid]]<br>[[Earth Release: Rock Attack]]<br>[[Earth Release: Speed Pillars]]<br>[[Earth Release: Rock Fissure]]<br>[[Earth Release: Mud Bomb]]<br>[[Earth Release: Rock Fist]]<br>[[Earth Type: Underground Masked Attack]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth Flowing River]]<br>[[Earth Release: Weapons of the Rising Earth]]<br>[[Earth Release: Ground Vibration Tracking]]<br>[[Earth Release: Call of Chains]]<br>[[Earth Release: Split Earth Turn Around Palm]]<br>[[Earth Release: Barrier Keeper]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth Cage Technique]]<br>[[Earth Release: Rock Slide]]<br>[[Earth Release: Rock Drill]]<br>[[Earth Release: Magnitude]]<br>[[Earth Release: Gaia Hammer]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth Spear ]]<br>[[Earth Release: Iron Maiden]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth Mirrors]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth Dragon Missile]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth Slide Wall]]<br>[[Earth Release: Stone Arm Technique]]<br>[[Earth Dragon Technique]]<br>[[Earth Release: Rock Bombardment]]<br>[[Earth Release: Crushing Walls]]<br>[[Earth Release Resurrection Technique: Corpse Soil]],
<br>
{{Water Header}}<br>
[[Underwater Breathing Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Cleanse]]<br>[[Water Release: Air Bubble]]<br>[[Water Release: Poseidon’s Anger]]<br>[[Water Release: Sight]]<br>[[Hidden Mist Technique]]<br>[[Mist Body Flicker Technique]]<br>[[Water Clone Technique]]<br>[[Water Body Flicker Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Black Rain Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Wave Impact Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Animal Creation]]<br>[[Purify]]<br>[[Water Release: Violent Water Wave]]<br>[[Water Release: Wave Thrust]]<br>[[Water Release: Pressure Orb]]<br>[[Water Release: Whip of Water]]<br>[[Water Release: Bullet]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Camouflage]]<br>[[Water Absorption]]<br>[[Water Release: Rain Summoning technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Rhapsody of Water]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Blast]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Manipulation Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Fang Bullet]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Wall]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Prison Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Whirlpool Vortex Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Dragon Bite]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Drill]]<br>[[Water Release: Wave Rider]]<br>[[Water Release: Rising Water Cutter]]<br>[[Water Attack Strong Current Torrential Rain]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Divining]]<br>[[Water Release: Great Explosion Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Great Waterfall Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Five Eating Sharks]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Columns]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Barricade]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Shark Blast Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Dragon Blast Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Rising Geyser]]<br>[[Water Release: Hydro Pump]]<br>[[Chakra Detecting Rain]]
<br>
|tools=[[w:c:naruto:Kunai|Kunai]]<br>[[w:c:naruto:Shuriken|Shuriken]]<br>[[Ravens: Heckle and Jeckle]]<br>[[Katana]]}}

'''Jichou Raihana''' is a Kunoichi of [[Iwagakure no Sato]].

==Early Years==
Born in Wind Country at [[Sunagakure no Sato]]. She attended the academy and upon her graduation was engaged in various missions, mostly surrounding the gathering of sensitive information. For a short while before he left the area to go on his excursions, she was an assistant to Inu Hanyou. When in the village she would participate in the defense of the villagers in the event of attack or natural disaster.

==Zombie Apocalypse==

One unlooked for nemesis was the Nidaime Kazakage's brother Teostra. His people, an emotionless warrior society, had used their 'means' to bring him back into line with their hideous plans for these people they deemed to be 'lesser beings'. One vial of a biological toxin broken upon the flagstones was all it took; all the citizens of the village who did not mold chakra became infected with a walking death plague. What was known as the Zombie Apocalypse ravaged the village almost over night. The village was quarantined and those yet unaffected evacuated. The warriors spilled out using their katana to behead those of their neighbors and compatriots who were beyond redemption. Unlooked of succor came in the form of the Yondaime Raikage Mokuton Tetsujin and Kamui Uchiha. Unfortunately what should have just been sword work ended up destroying the village completely. Tetsujin covered the village in lava to contain the outbreak and Kamui quenched it with a huge deluge. Lake Suna now stands off to the south of the new location of the village that they rebuilt in its image. Drastic measure? Perhaps. But the contaminant could not risk being spread to the entire realm. Distraught beyond belief, she stood in the huddle of her people soundlessly watching their 'saviors' walk off into the desert. It would not be the last time the folk of Suna had to pick themselves up from nothing and rebuild their lives.

==Blood Speakers Cult==

The Occurrence of a peculiar rising of a blood red moon sparked the next onslaught of terror to visit itself upon the land. Blood Speakers had come out of the eastern waste lands awakened to the time in which they could bring their dead Kami Lord Fu Leng back to life, that of the rising of the Blood Red Moon. Stealing children, animals people on the roads or anyone that they could lay their hands upon, they sacrificed them ritualistically amassing a blood pool in which to summon their Lord. A child was born to two of the Suna villagers on that very night the Blood Moon rose over the world. This child of prophecy would be the pure sacrifice required to finalized their blood magic and bring the Kami back to destroy the shinobi world.

==Black Rose Cult and Suki Wars==

Notable foes that terrorized the people of Suna were the Black Rose Cult and Suki, an Akatsuki group lead by the Jashinist [[Bocchiere]]. Alliances were made between the villages of Konoha and Kirigakure to aid each other during the war. Daily attacks pummeled the village and day after day the residents would defend their homes, tend the wounded and rebuild the devastation as they devised new means with which to bolster Suna's defenses. It was a time of pulling together, it was a time of bravery and innovation, it was a time of many betrayals. The cavern wherein lay the [[Ancient Ruins of Al-Kahtar]] came to be the bunker in which the villagers fled during these times and survived near the underground lake deep beneath the surface of the desert.

==Iwagakure no Sato==

After the cessation of hostilities in Sunagakure, the Kazekage sent a few volunteers to swell the ranks of Shinobi in the home of their northern allies, Iwagakure. There she worked to help ready the people for war but with the slaughter of the Tsuchikage by the Jashinist Boccheire and his strike team of Edo Tensei zombies, she along with many of the patriots from the land had to flee into the mountains. There they lives as refugees until it was safe to return to Iwa. It was during this time of hardship that she bonded with the natives and grew to care about the village. It was not long until Iwa became more than just a mission but her new home. Years would pass and as each successive interloper claimed the title of Tsuchikage, exterminating the natives seemed to be less and less on the agenda until they were at last migrating back into their old homes. There she took on an apprenticeship with the local stone cutters and sculptors guild and learned the secrets of the doton users.

==Bloodline of the Raihana==

At last her trainer sent her to the Land of Lightning to seek further training from the monks at the monastery Kaminari Den ([[Palace of Thunder]]).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:31:15 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 10:44:41 PM »

Thanks for all the help, everyone. I think I finally figured it out. Now, I just need to learn how to edit the infobox.
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Becquerel

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 02:56:38 AM »

This part here is the info box....

{{Infobox/Naruto/Character
 |image name=BrennaRaihana.jpg;Current
lightning.jpg;Storm Release
|unnamed character=No
|english=Three Legged Crow
|romaji=八咫烏, Yatagarasu
|other=Brenna Raihana
|species=Human
|gender=Female
|blood type=A positive
|birthdate=January 10
|deceased state=Alive
|age-part1=20
|height-part1=154 cm
|weight-part1=54 kg
|rank-part1=Jōnin
|classification=Shinobi
|occupations=Stone Sculptor
|nature type=Lightning Release, Earth Release, Water Release
|Kekkei Genkai=Storm Release
|unique traits=
|ninja registration=179441
|academy age=
|chunin age=
|clan=Raihana Clan
|affiliations=Iwagakure, Sunagakure, Shinobi Kingdom

|jutsu=
{{General Header}}<br>
{{Lightning Header}}<br>
{{Earth Header}}<br>
[[Earth Release: Dirt Wad Formation]]<br>[[Earth Release: Ground Thorns]]<br>[[Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique]]<br>[[Earth Release: Crack]]<br>[[Earth Release: Underground Fish Projection Technique]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth-Land Deflection]]<br>[[Earth Release: Armor of Earth]]<br>[[Earth Release: Stone Armour]]<br>[[Earth Release: Terra Musica]]<br>[[Earth Clone Technique]]<br>[[Earth Release: Steel Solid]]<br>[[Earth Release: Rock Attack]]<br>[[Earth Release: Speed Pillars]]<br>[[Earth Release: Rock Fissure]]<br>[[Earth Release: Mud Bomb]]<br>[[Earth Release: Rock Fist]]<br>[[Earth Type: Underground Masked Attack]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth Flowing River]]<br>[[Earth Release: Weapons of the Rising Earth]]<br>[[Earth Release: Ground Vibration Tracking]]<br>[[Earth Release: Call of Chains]]<br>[[Earth Release: Split Earth Turn Around Palm]]<br>[[Earth Release: Barrier Keeper]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth Cage Technique]]<br>[[Earth Release: Rock Slide]]<br>[[Earth Release: Rock Drill]]<br>[[Earth Release: Magnitude]]<br>[[Earth Release: Gaia Hammer]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth Spear ]]<br>[[Earth Release: Iron Maiden]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth Mirrors]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth Dragon Missile]]<br>[[Earth Release: Earth Slide Wall]]<br>[[Earth Release: Stone Arm Technique]]<br>[[Earth Dragon Technique]]<br>[[Earth Release: Rock Bombardment]]<br>[[Earth Release: Crushing Walls]]<br>[[Earth Release Resurrection Technique: Corpse Soil]],
<br>
{{Water Header}}<br>
[[Underwater Breathing Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Cleanse]]<br>[[Water Release: Air Bubble]]<br>[[Water Release: Poseidon’s Anger]]<br>[[Water Release: Sight]]<br>[[Hidden Mist Technique]]<br>[[Mist Body Flicker Technique]]<br>[[Water Clone Technique]]<br>[[Water Body Flicker Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Black Rain Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Wave Impact Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Animal Creation]]<br>[[Purify]]<br>[[Water Release: Violent Water Wave]]<br>[[Water Release: Wave Thrust]]<br>[[Water Release: Pressure Orb]]<br>[[Water Release: Whip of Water]]<br>[[Water Release: Bullet]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Camouflage]]<br>[[Water Absorption]]<br>[[Water Release: Rain Summoning technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Rhapsody of Water]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Blast]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Manipulation Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Fang Bullet]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Wall]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Prison Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Whirlpool Vortex Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Dragon Bite]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Drill]]<br>[[Water Release: Wave Rider]]<br>[[Water Release: Rising Water Cutter]]<br>[[Water Attack Strong Current Torrential Rain]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Divining]]<br>[[Water Release: Great Explosion Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Great Waterfall Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Five Eating Sharks]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Columns]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Barricade]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Shark Blast Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Water Dragon Blast Technique]]<br>[[Water Release: Rising Geyser]]<br>[[Water Release: Hydro Pump]]<br>[[Chakra Detecting Rain]]
<br>
|tools=[[w:c:naruto:Kunai|Kunai]]<br>[[w:c:naruto:Shuriken|Shuriken]]<br>[[Ravens: Heckle and Jeckle]]<br>[[Katana]]}}

The light blue is just your personal data...aft er the = mark is where you edit in your info in place of mine on each line.

the light green is the jutsu and tool list people add on.

The braces{{Header}} contain the little icons and bold text for the jutsu or items section of the info box. You can see different ones by cruising bios.

the double brackets contains the name of the jutsu, but let it be a hot link to the jutsu description page. so what is inside the brackets needs to be the name of the page...or you will have it be a dead link that shows up in red on your list...which is fine. later you can make that description page and it will be linked to your bio.

the <br> makes a new line, like hitting enter on the keyboard when you type.

under tools you can see where the description page is a link to narutopedia and it has specific formatting. I don't know how to do that. I lifted the coding i needed from other bios where I noticed it working the way I wished it to upon my own.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 17 queries.