Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Does the site need more Game Masters?

Yes
- 9 (75%)
No
- 3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New GM's needed?  (Read 5640 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: New GM's needed?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 02:39:33 AM »

Didn't get acknowledged........ Wins!!!!

I love a good pumpkin pie.

I'd rather a good creampie :oops:

See what I did there? For you more mature audience.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 03:49:54 AM »

Well... now we know why you'll never be a GM/mod combo.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 08:20:17 PM »

Well... now we know why you'll never be a GM/mod combo.

#rebelforlife
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:23:24 PM by UettoSenju »

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 08:40:36 PM »

If there is nothing else to discuss on this topic, might as well lock it, especially if there is going to be more diversion from the matter at hand.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 08:43:42 PM »

Kinda late here, but honestly what do GM's do that we as a community can't already do? Just wondering. (Answered that while reading)
Also as a suggestion I do believe Warren would be best fit for a moderation position. He seems reasonable and questions others logic more respectably; rather than most of the slander that goes about, or sly sarcastic comments that avoid direct slander. He has been involved with various others as a respectable judge and NPC manipulator. I would personally love to be able to remove my name and simply narrate events that go on; specifically towards Otogakure and Uzushiogakure of which I made my characters affiliated to. Sometimes its nice not having to RP as yourself and gain another role.

Besides whats with the staff on SL in general, I understand they have acquired a certain status over the years. Although inactivity is something I have seen greatly, not only with just them. Which isn't fair to those who still wish to involve themselves actively with SL. I understand RL life is more important but when you dedicate your time towards SL, you make SL have some importance. As for such the staff of SL holds well, though can be very iffy in activity. I'm not saying its dead but for the most part maybe 1/3 of them are frequently staffing and what not. The others occasionally logging on, yet not having sufficient timing to do their staff work.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:47:33 PM by Keito Uzumaki »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 03:05:45 AM »

On a serious note though I think th site could use some new GM or mods. Perhaps some fresh new faces of authority at SL would be nice. A change for the new generation.

I know I don't have a chance at such a role sense I never really grew up. But I think are some capable people at this site.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 03:05:53 AM »

I remember when GMs on this site first became a thing. Now I'm gonna say a few things, even though I'm late to this party.
First of all, is there really enough traffic to this game that really makes it necessary to have GMs? A lot of us know that we're hanging onto this sinking ship and hoping that we all have some fun at this party before we all go under. A lot of instances where people think GM's are necessary seem to be when they're griping and crying that things aren't going how they want or that someone stole someone else's toy.
Second, being a GM isn't someone who just mediates other people's issues. The hard thing about being a GM is that you're likely not going to be people's friends when you have to tell them that they can't have what they want. But I guess the same thing could be said about mods. A GM should be there to set the mood for an event or arena. They should post what's going on prior to everyone else showing up at the place and post the setting, that way people can get more immersed in the RP. Then after that, they should basically disappear and only re-appear if people have concerns/questions about what's going on in the fight/event.
Third, GMs can't be everywhere at once. They have their own lives to deal with, and there is a lot to keep track of as far as RPs go. One way to remedy this is, instead of just making one or two new GMs, appoint a lot of competent people as GMs and have GMs be assigned towns. Each GM or team of GMs can be assigned a certain village to watch over and keep tabs on as far as RP goes. The zones are where all GMs would be able to watch and can keep tabs on (unless a party asks for a specific GM to observe and set the stage for them via PM). So that brings up the question of who to 'hire' and how to come to that conclusion.

That's my opinion on the whole GM thing. And another thing is that GMs shouldn't help themselves or their other characters cheat. Because once people start abusing power, everyone starts pointing fingers and blaming the people in charge. Then no one's happy.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2015, 03:46:05 AM »

There you people go again with the sinking ship nonsense.

I can't seriously be the only one anymore who'll easily find things to do and people to do them with >_> cause the way I see it this place is far from dead. If anything its only livened up lately.

Needless to say, if there'll be even one new GM, I believe they should actually be positive about things.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:00:22 AM by Warren »

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2015, 05:51:32 AM »

Hey, just getting this straight. While I do feel this is a sinking ship, I'm hanging on and trying to enjoy my time while I can. But picking at how I feel about the state of things shouldn't be the focus. I'm trying to bring up key things that need to be addressed if GMs are picked. If you like what I had to say, or don't agree with what I have to say on the topic, discuss that.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2015, 06:27:36 AM »

I've called SL dying since 2010 and by now I've giving up trying to say that because I don't think it will die anytime soon now. The people who are there, myself included, have emotional attachments to the site and will continue to support it for as long as they can. Think of it like a childhood toy or blanket or stuffed animal. It's something familiar that we can use for comfort.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2015, 03:20:17 PM »

I've called SL dying since 2010 and by now I've giving up trying to say that because I don't think it will die anytime soon now. The people who are there, myself included, have emotional attachments to the site and will continue to support it for as long as they can. Think of it like a childhood toy or blanket or stuffed animal. It's something familiar that we can use for comfort.

2010? Man, you were waaaay off in the grand scheme of things.  :smt082

I left the site once. And then, on accident, I came back. Haven't left again since (even if I have gone inactive a couple times since then). It's hard to leave for good unless you're given a reason to.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 04:42:31 AM »

True that!  :cool:
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2015, 07:08:11 AM »

Sorry for derailing the thread. Can we get back to the topic?

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.