Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Poll

Does the site need more Game Masters?

Yes
- 9 (75%)
No
- 3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New GM's needed?  (Read 5595 times)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
New GM's needed?
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:06:56 PM »

This has come up in a few discussions lately, so I thought this might provide a simple answer.

Dart Terumī

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New GM's needed?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:31:33 PM »

Yes, and I vote Warren as being one.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 11:36:46 PM »

Not really. What really would a GM be able to do that a regular player cannot do (besides moderate and the special posts thing?) as far as RP is concerned?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 11:44:50 PM »

Not really. What really would a GM be able to do that a regular player cannot do (besides moderate and the special posts thing?) as far as RP is concerned?

And I, personally, like seeing the world text being used a lot more. But since that's a power reserved only to moderators and private battles, it isn't able to be implemented nearly as often as it should be allowed.

I understand the trial run didn't run well as everyone abused it or used to make snide comments, but if a player, such as Warren who is excessively active and very beneficial to the site, can utilize the world text, well, it would just make RP run that much smoother.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 11:54:43 PM »

@eric

One could say the game post is what makes the difference, at least to some people.

It feels more legitimate, obviously cleaner since the name and || is gone, instead of just some random person trying to butt in out of the blue.

TL;DR = makes it far easier to try cause/promote RP and create ambiance.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 01:55:01 AM »

I myself would be interested in trying for te position as wel if available spots came up.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 05:44:22 AM »

@eric

One could say the game post is what makes the difference, at least to some people.

It feels more legitimate, obviously cleaner since the name and || is gone, instead of just some random person trying to butt in out of the blue.

All of this.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 08:44:24 AM »

@eric

I can't pitch a vote for more GM's just because of aesthetics. Even without the name and ||, if you post some environment post out of the blue, it can (and in my RP's will be) considered butting in. Neala changing the weather in Iwagakure to cold is fine, I know she did it, but some no-name GM (even Neala in disguise) doing it? To put it nicely, I would not acknowledge that as being anymore legitimate since it could literally be any of the GM's doing it, and frankly, the only GM I trust with my RP indiscriminately and with no strings is no longer even active. Call it paranoia or simply being quick to distrust someone who doesn't want their name showing next to their post, but that's just the way I feel after all this time.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 09:38:08 AM »

*Shadow logs on to check if anything interesting has happened on the forums*

*Shadow sees thread about GM's and blinks with a confused look*

*Shadow remembers making a few posts about the same thing being discussed.*

{ http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8002.0.html }

That is a link to my proposed community picked GMs. I'm sure I have a few others up on the GM debate, but I'm too lazy to look for more.

Cutting to the point. I've talked to Neji and no is the answer. Several occasions, no.
Zenaku is/was one and so is/was Kyu. Both, especially the aforementioned, don't do their jobs.
I've told Neji this and basically says 'oh well'.

If you can convince Neji to put in new GMs then by all means do it. I haven't been able to.
Which is why I wanted community picked GMs that would outlay things, cause Neji won't help with it.

(In the linked topic Darkshinobi was unanimously welcomed as a community picked GM. There were others who volunteered and such, but none had the amount of support he did)

TL;DR
Neji will not pick new GMs. (They will have to be community picked)
In the topic I made Darkshinobi was voted #1 to be community GM
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:44:42 AM by Madara (Shadow) »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 10:53:24 AM »

Dark's rp is fine to me. He has mishaps due to being human and that's acceptable. Don't base a person only on them doing a few wrong things when the right things they've done outnumber it 100 to 1. Inactivity does take a part here, but that's up to those who pick the GM. If they pick Dark then they should take in all the tendencies he has. If they pick him while knowing or not knowing these then they're just as much at fault. I've let others on my account before and by that I mean past gf's. None of which touched or messed up anything. I can see why you see that as an issue. They could act like the GM in question, however I'm sure one could tell if it's the GM or not. Based on how they act in situations. Dark (for example) I've never known to get angry and does his ruling VERY specifically on things. I'd known in a heartbeat if it were Dark or not based on what he says/acts in a judging situation.

Warren I don't know much. Most of our conversations stayed on the subject of leveling and the rest about the SST situation.Based on what I've seen though he could easily be one.

"I feel it is important to remind the community that everyone has the right to rp within the village boards and no one is under any mandate to acknowledge or react to the rp of others, nor should they be shooshed and shoved off to the edges of the realm. No one person's [or group's] rp story is more important than anyone else's. "

I disagree here. The village boards are for all types of rp yes, but at times of importance such as the one in Iwa others should not post. If everyone were to rp in the village then it'd be flooded and proper RP could not happen. There would be way too many rp's going at once to keep track and others would be posting overtop each other and so on. Official rp or those done by the Kage and others need to be #1 due to it usually effecting everyone in a village.

The last part about new players and being more welcoming I don't feel like replying to as that would take me another page literally to get my thoughts out about it.

TL;DR

Dark still has my vote as judge. He makes mistake.
Main RP's should continue to have priority in the village boards.
Warren would be a good candidate.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 06:42:52 PM »

So is stomping all over a big groups significant effort and flooding it so far away people thought it ended.

Regardless, this isn't the place for that, especially since I'd rather just forget that mess, so lets keep the talk pertinent to OP; whether new GM's are needed.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 06:00:07 AM »

No doubt the GM's might would need to consider those other RP aspects.

*Shadow logs on to check if anything interesting has happened on the forums*

*Shadow sees thread about GM's and blinks with a confused look*

*Shadow remembers making a few posts about the same thing being discussed.*

{ http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8002.0.html }

That is a link to my proposed community picked GMs. I'm sure I have a few others up on the GM debate, but I'm too lazy to look for more.

Cutting to the point. I've talked to Neji and no is the answer. Several occasions, no.
Zenaku is/was one and so is/was Kyu. Both, especially the aforementioned, don't do their jobs.
I've told Neji this and basically says 'oh well'.

If you can convince Neji to put in new GMs then by all means do it. I haven't been able to.
Which is why I wanted community picked GMs that would outlay things, cause Neji won't help with it.

(In the linked topic Darkshinobi was unanimously welcomed as a community picked GM. There were others who volunteered and such, but none had the amount of support he did)

TL;DR
Neji will not pick new GMs. (They will have to be community picked)
In the topic I made Darkshinobi was voted #1 to be community GM

I don't think Warren is asking for quite the same thing that you were asking for, though I could be wrong. I think Warren was originally asking for actual GM's (which has already been presented as unlikely) to either be added or replace the inactive ones we have now. Your suggestion was more for a generally respected RP judge of things who could can make rulings.

Surprised I am that I didn't have a single post in that thread (I'm normally very into this whole thread thing) but generally accepted judges could get a vote out of me, but I still don't see the need for more GM's with said title.

...Main RP's should continue to have priority in the village boards...

I can't really agree with this fully, both because of the practice and the ideology of it. Except for certain situations, main RP's can take an extremely long time to complete; to put all other RP on hold on the village board, to make that compulsory, seems a bit unnecessary. Generally, people not apart of the "main RP" tend to stay out of the village board anyways. Making that compulsory seems kind of like a jagged edge to the belly if you get my drift.

The ideology though is "my RP is more important than yours", and then you get the can of worms that goes along with a statement such as that.

Long story short, let's not drag the blunt. No RP is more important than another on the basis on whether it is "main" or "not main". Some RP's just take a level of precedence due to size and the intent on worldbuilding and not trolling.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 01:42:44 PM »

Didn't get acknowledged........ Wins!!!!

Asadi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 10:53:03 PM »

Didn't get acknowledged........ Wins!!!!

I love a good pumpkin pie.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 11:49:04 PM »

I'd see GM/Mod combo - only one that'd make sense :)

Honestly, I will now give names (not logins) of a few guys who had a lot of chats:

- Taiki
- deniz
- Takeo
- Tammy
- Uchiha Itachi
- shinobiiceslayer
- Hono
- Warren
- Becquerel

Ordered by how many chat entries there were except for coffers, logs, etc.
Never judge a cow by its udder.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.