Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: A little sound play.  (Read 7638 times)

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Re: A little sound play.
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 06:28:29 PM »

Danke shadow for making points I had not. Sound is OP as fuck, yes which is why we introduced Ototon in a light faction.
Regardless of such, when utilizing an annoying screech like roar; the user projects such frequencies and vibrations with the air itself. Almost like a fuuton/sound wave blast. In my own opinion I feel as if the sounds, ranging off the initial blast are muffled and lowered to a great degree.

Either way saying that the technique should harm the caster, is like saying sprouting a fire ball should burn your skin to ashes. Chakra has a very pixie dust-effect when it comes to techniques and what not. If its the users own chakra is emitting such, more than likely he is trying to harm someone else, not himself. As casters of the sound we can navigate and direct just whom and what will be effected. There are Ototon techniques that aren't even attacks, more so supplementary enhancements on the user. Now contrary, if two Ototon users match up against each other; all hell is breaking loose. You'd probably want to watch from a distance.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 06:32:40 PM »

You people and your fancy tricks. All I do is a simple beefed up shout.

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 06:39:42 PM »

I get bored, following the norm. Although danke all for addressing my question. Maybe I can buy those Konoha buds and abuse the detrimental pitch of my Ototon to implausible standards. Hehehehe. Kidding of course. >__>'

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 08:31:40 PM »

@Warren

For an example, about why it doesn't effect the user, just look at the manga, which the fannon Ototon gets origins from. When Dosu uses his melody gauntlet, he focuses his chakra and attack to the opponents ear drum, hence why he doesn't receive damage, nor anyone else. It's all about infusing sound waves with your chakra, and once ya got that, pretty much point and shoot in very simplified terms.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 08:39:43 PM »

@Warren

For an example, about why it doesn't effect the user, just look at the manga, which the fannon Ototon gets origins from. When Dosu uses his melody gauntlet, he focuses his chakra and attack to the opponents ear drum, hence why he doesn't receive damage, nor anyone else. It's all about infusing sound waves with your chakra, and once ya got that, pretty much point and shoot in very simplified terms.

So anyone who claims to use a sound-based attack and not have their chakra infused in the actual waves themselves cannot be considered immune to their own attack without other special enhancements? And that sound ninjutsu that infuses chakra into the waves can also be blocked by chakra absorption techniques like the Preta Path?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 09:16:08 PM »

@Warren

So anyone who claims to use a sound-based attack and not have their chakra infused in the actual waves themselves cannot be considered immune to their own attack without other special enhancements? And that sound ninjutsu that infuses chakra into the waves can also be blocked by chakra absorption techniques like the Preta Path?

Well it is under the impression that mostly all sound bases attacks are influenced by chakra, else they wouldn't possess the effects they have. The blocking technique done by the Preta Path would essentially suck the chakra out of the attack; although I would believe the sound is still present. Meaning if the sound was aimed to disturb the normal frequencies it would still preform such; although lose its manipulative properties such as internal rupturing of organs. Make matters short if you use it against a grand scale bone shattering scream, your ears drums might burst cause you to go deaf; instead of its usual effects.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 09:46:14 PM »

Ototon is a lot easier to counter than you think. But people would rather have a plug-n-play auto-immunity to it.

And on the note of Ototon not effecting the user too, it goes along the same lines of why Katon doesn't completely scorch and burn the user's mouth. Sure Sasuke might have gotten some very small burns on his face when he was younger, but that's because he was still in training with it.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 10:11:15 PM »

I dunno why people are still repeating the affects user doesn't affect thing. I already said I was cool with lesser things being fine, and according to Keito and co the nuclear bomb level stupidity is not allowed.

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 10:18:41 PM »

Just a reiteration, although it is clear now. The nuclear bomb type thing may not be out of the question, although I believe it should be used more as a suicide attempt of the sort. Meaning if you want a grand scale disruption of vibrations and frequencies, not only do you make yourself at risk; but all those surrounding as well. Ally or Foe.

Either way I don't want everyone and their mothers knowing Ototon. Really wanted to keep it within the confines of Otogakure; an attribute you get for sticking with the crazies. Besides it is Otogakure's nature to be vile and kill, Ototon being a prime example of such.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 10:50:01 PM »

To my knowledge it largely is. I did mention I myself do a shout thing, but it isn't really 'ototon', more just beefing vocal cords with a drop of chakra to holler that much louder. The kind of 'anybody could figure this out' stuff.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2015, 02:15:44 AM »

Back when I had my cicadas producing decibels in the 1000's I would have to either Kamui out of the zone 100% or use mayfly back when it wasn't just for Zetsu. xD Man...Ototon is so beautiful sometimes Q_Q
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2015, 03:16:04 AM »

I'd like to note that sound does not need chakra to be aimed in a certain location. Also you can make harmful sound waves without chakra. That's basic science. We coulddothese things in RL.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2015, 07:50:21 AM »

One thing I've always wondered is how some people claim to have superhuman hearing as a passive trait, but also have immune/resistance to ototon techniques/general loud noises.

Should be like Kiba's weakness to Naruto in the chunin exams.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2015, 09:21:59 AM »

One thing I've always wondered is how some people claim to have superhuman hearing as a passive trait, but also have immune/resistance to ototon techniques/general loud noises.

How can people claim to be able to walk, but also be able to run. D:
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2015, 01:59:12 PM »

How can people claim to be able to walk, but also be able to run. D:

That's not comparable. Having super hearing should actually make the target more susceptible to sound based techniques period, Ototon or otherwise. 
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 16 queries.