Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Do you read someone's bio when you RP with them?

Yes
- 10 (100%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Do you read bios when you RP?  (Read 1901 times)

Teostra

• View Profile
Do you read bios when you RP?
« on: April 01, 2015, 04:49:39 AM »

Question's as simple as the title. When you're RPing with another player, do you take the time to read the character bio of whoever they're interacting with?
I'm kind of asking because I figure that if people took the time to read each other's bios and if people put a little bit of info about a technique into their bio, it might help make RPing a little easier. That way people won't have to make redundant posts.

For example, we'll use ACad Eykad, who has some super magical ninja staff that always has fire shooting out of both ends, is gold and purple, and covered in silver rings that jingle to the tune of 'Danny Boy'.
So instead of posting all that stuff in a post and leaving more room for action, he could just have it in his bio and say that he "summons his staff, ready for battle. He then does blah blah blah."

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Do you read bios when you RP?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 03:22:49 PM »

I read the SL bio beforehand. Which lists what they claim usually. Techs, elemental natures, etc. I usually don't look at someone's NP bio unless I am fighting them cause that's when I care about what they claim/have.

Before a fight I ask that person to list whatever they have and then have them explain to me what it does. That way they can't sneak anything else during the fight.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 07:56:49 PM »

Before a fight I ask that person to list whatever they have and then have them explain to me what it does. That way they can't sneak anything else during the fight.

You mean a list of custom jutsus or just in general?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 11:59:18 PM »

Question's as simple as the title. When you're RPing with another player, do you take the time to read the character bio of whoever they're interacting with?
I'm kind of asking because I figure that if people took the time to read each other's bios and if people put a little bit of info about a technique into their bio, it might help make RPing a little easier. That way people won't have to make redundant posts.

For example, we'll use ACad Eykad, who has some super magical ninja staff that always has fire shooting out of both ends, is gold and purple, and covered in silver rings that jingle to the tune of 'Danny Boy'.
So instead of posting all that stuff in a post and leaving more room for action, he could just have it in his bio and say that he "summons his staff, ready for battle. He then does blah blah blah."

If there is anything to read and especially if I am RPing with people outside of my normal clique, reading the bio is a must for me. Otherwise I'm RPing in the complete dark.

I have an extensive bio of my own, one with my history and aesthetic stuff and then the other with the jutsu I actively use. They are there just as much for my opponent's reference as they are for mine, since remembering what every jutsu I do does can be kind of a chore when I don't look over or add to the list for a long time.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 12:50:44 AM »

Yup. Things can get pretty awkward when you think you're having a ninja RP and the person your RPing with reveals themselves to be a vampire neko from outer space. Reading bios is key.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Page created in 8.047 seconds with 21 queries.