Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Dwelling Avatar  (Read 1972 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Dwelling Avatar
« on: March 10, 2015, 08:24:07 AM »

Could we have the ability to put up a dwelling avatar, like shows in the zones, for DP donations? People tend to like to designate their dwellings for rp locations, and it would be cool to say "this is what the location looks like" with a picture.

What would be involved with such a thing?

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dwelling Avatar
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:49:40 AM »

A few bits of code and boom! Added. :P

But why should it be dp? Just something else only those who level can get? Seems a bit unfair especially coming from you as being newbie friendly. I will say this, at least jounin + so that there's not a spam fest of dwelling pics taking up server space.

It's totally possible.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 11:47:15 AM »

But why should it be dp? Just something else only those who level can get? Seems a bit unfair especially coming from you as being newbie friendly. I will say this, at least jounin + so that there's not a spam fest of dwelling pics taking up server space.

It's totally possible.

Having it be for DP would hopefully discourage spam; not to mention newcomers need every piece of gold and gem they can keep.  :D

Could we have the ability to put up a dwelling avatar, like shows in the zones, for DP donations? People tend to like to designate their dwellings for rp locations, and it would be cool to say "this is what the location looks like" with a picture.

What would be involved with such a thing?

As Shadow said, it would probably require some coding. Since you said avatar, then presumably how the picture will get up there can be very similar to how we choose avatars in mission HQ. The primary difference, however, would be that this would be hung up in the dwelling instead of the account. This option could be added to the bottom of the dwelling management page, re-using the "choose avatar" page from mission HQ with a few different words (or the same, I don't think it matters too much) and instead redirect the avatar to be displayed in the dwelling rather than the account bio.

Of course, if dwellings don't already have the capacity for pictures, that would need to be added too, but the comment board I presume could just have the zone coding for pictures added to it, except with a space for the uploads or links to control which picture, instead of pulling from a preset group.

I think that is what would be needed for "dwelling avatars", though I could be wrong.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 08:28:24 PM »

The code is already on the site it would just need to be added to the dwellings code and such with a bit of tinkering.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 08:34:03 PM »

that would be pretty cool, but what if there were duplicate locations? People using the same pictures for two places that may be different? there wouldn't really be a way to tell without literally going through all the dwellings

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 09:27:11 PM »

It shouldn't matter if people use the same dwelling image. I would probably be one of those people because all my dwellings are my lab lol Only people who probably would have a problem with it are people that get mad that their picture is being used by someone else. Probably the same people who throw fusses over people who use a skill without permission.
Plus, so long as the dwelling avatars go through the same screening as normal avatars, there shouldn't be an issue.

It'd be neat if we could also link music to our dwellings via youtube or something to set the mood. But I'm sure some people wouldn't want to enter a dwelling and be assaulted by screamo or bluegrass. But then there should just be an option to turn on/off music in the bio page. Or a way to pause/hault it at the dwelling.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 10:07:58 PM »

It's totally possible.

I didn't consider the full ramifications, Shadow. All I was wondering was how to make DP worth something again. We have all these missions listed for DP reward over in the mission thread board. But what incentive is that? Quite a few, there are things to spend DP upon. But another addition would be cool. You can't even buy a dwelling until you are a genin? I forget. That might be slander. Or is it libel when it is written? 

:lol: uhm...How much DP do you earn by the time you are a jounin? I wasn't going to put a rank limit upon it. Even Academy students can buy into a bio avatar if they earn enough DP, colorize their names, pick a title...

Anyway, yeah. the private zones have a nice center-of-the-text-page image...description underneath...

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 01:36:55 AM »

Jounin is 8 dks so x 25 = 200dp. :P

Also music on the site would take more coding an space. I don't see a need for music. >> It's nice for aesthetic, but I doubt it will ever be put in.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 08:19:04 PM »

Music is bad - on a static site.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.