Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Ninja Bulletin Boards  (Read 1752 times)

Teostra

• View Profile
Ninja Bulletin Boards
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:07:46 PM »

So I was doing my usual thing of messaging whoever I want because I like to talk to people and I needed a key for a dwelling, when I came up with this idea. What about having a global bulletin board, kind of like craigslist, where people can post requests?
Now, hear me out. To prevent abuse like people spamming it or posing 'buying gf', it would be a bunch of pre-set options that people could pick from drop-down menus. And in order to post something to the bulletin board, you'd have to pay a small fee (100 gold?). To make sure they're not hanging up there forever I'd say each request would stay for a week but players could pay the fee again to extend their request. If their request expires, they'd get a notification via PM. And next to each person's request, there'd be that quick-link to send them a PM to contact them.
Now back to the drop-down menus. It could start with choosing either Gameplay or Roleplay.

In Gameplay, you could select things like
Tips/Questions - Honestly, I'm not too sure how to further break that one down. Guess someone could just contact them and ask what their question is and answer if it they feel nice enough.
Dwelling - This could be given a further drop-down that would allow you to select the city or Anywhere.
Besides that, I'm not too sure what else could go in gameplay.

For roleplay, this would probably be a great help for people who are trying to get into the SL RP scene or who are just too shy to approach people...Or they don't know how to break the ice. The menus could be as follows.
Family - Which would be further broken down to mom/dad/brother/sister/son/daughter. For those people who like having extended families here.
Sensei - Which could be broken down to general or Jutsu. Jutsu could then be broken down to the different types of main jutsu classes and other for all you unique people out there.
Village/Clan/Home - I'm not sure how to call this one and if it should be one drop-down or multiples. It can basically be for those ninja's without a home or place of allegiance that want one.

Of course, these are all just suggestions and if anyone can think of anything else to add or a way to make it better, please post. I think it would be a good way for those of us who have been here longer to reach out and offer assistance to the newer players who may have difficulty playing or seem like they're just left to fend for themselves.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Ninja Bulletin Boards
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 09:10:19 PM »

It sounds neat.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 12:31:52 AM »

And I guess people can also request students to have. So instead of looking for a sensei, the drop-down box would just be 'looking for students' to train in '(jutsu)'.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 05:44:30 AM »

I like this. A more interactive approach when it comes to dealing with everyone, since everyone needs help ones in a while. We don't know it all. Plus it would allow for more people to interact with one another.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 08:11:52 PM »

I recall a function like that long ago on another server.

I might check if I have such a module, it's not that hard to code.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.