Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Kekkai Touta  (Read 1388 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Kekkai Touta
« on: March 20, 2015, 11:05:50 PM »

so I was wondering with the whole resets don't equal rp thing that's becoming more and more widespread, where does that put us with Kekkai Touta? I know that before it was something like you had to have Max resets to do it, but if people are rping on the resets don't equal rp then what would be the KT system?

Teostra

• View Profile
Re: Kekkai Touta
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 12:12:12 AM »

Dust release? I didn't know that there was a specific rule on dust release. But all that should matter is that a character uses it properly in RP format and would probably have to get it through some special method. Though, it wouldn't be cool if it was just self-RP, but then that would mean that you'll likely have two people 'unlocking' it if you make an RP around it.

Or you can just say you have it and tack it on to make a character even more overpowered.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 01:02:44 AM »

Just say you have it I guess? Rp it out, I think dust release is claimed though. So either get permission or make your own, but good luck on making your own.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 01:06:02 AM »

I always thought KT was like a hiden, able to be learned like such, so long as the person teaching has said permission to teach. And, of course, the three elements needed.

That also being said, if we are talking CUSTOM KT, well I void most of them. Most things people call a KT are a mix of three random things that result in something broken on god levels. I don't know if that relates to where this was going but there ye go.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 04:44:14 AM »

so I was wondering with the whole resets don't equal rp thing that's becoming more and more widespread, where does that put us with Kekkai Touta? I know that before it was something like you had to have Max resets to do it, but if people are rping on the resets don't equal rp then what would be the KT system?

KT tend to replace elemental KG, so whatever people do for elemental KG would normally be replaced with whatever people do for KT. I just treat KT as an advanced type of KG and so would be both hiden and a KG, but as seen in a post prior, this one, that's not necessarily the universal interpretation of it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 06:51:10 PM »

Resets=/=RP isn't some way you can 'catch them all'
Basically put; the work you input by button mashing, shouldn't determine the work you input by typing and role playing your characters life. I think this is a big problem with the way people compose their characters. Either way, we've completely thrown away canon logic when incorporating it into SL. I personally and strongly believe they're shouldn't be these mutts roaming a muck. Let alone KG were meant to be separated by specific bloodlines. It seems nowadays, everyone has the blood of everyone. Which shouldn't be the case at all. But thats just my thought on that, the whole 'norm' is broken as hell.

As for KT I only really know of Dust Release being associated with such, let alone being affiliated with Bocchiere mostly. I figure its an Iwa thing, and could be learned there, if found. Besides whatever happened to normal elemental jutsu.....

On a side note, how does one claim to be loyal to one bloodline; while also pumping tainted bloodlines within themselves. Some loyalty.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 08:52:27 PM »

I wouldn't call some bloodlines "tainted". I see it some bloodlines as "incomplete", such as the Uchiha, Senju, Hyuuga and Otsutsuki, for obvious reasons. Every other bloodline are offshoots are even more "incomplete" from the originals.

Kekkei Tota are taught, and aren't limited by bloodlines. They are usually composed of three different elements, with Dust Release being composed of Fire, Wind and Earth. And with seven basic elements to work with, there can be 21 different combinations to make, which means 21 different Kekkei Tota that can exist. But I haven't really seen anybody try to throw the the Stand-Alone Elements, such as Dark, Crystal and Steel Release, into the mix. So there can be more, if people are willing to stretch their imaginations (and chakra capacities).

Of course, somebody can just go out and try to make a Kekkei Tota composed of four elements. And then they can say that their Kekkei Tota is stronger than others because 4 > 3. But it can be called out that it would be even more chakra taxing and requires even more concentration. Or voided completely since the only other thing in this hypothetical situation that can beat it are the Gudoudama.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 19 queries.