Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Pokemon or Digimon?  (Read 1492 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Pokemon or Digimon?
« on: March 28, 2015, 10:13:17 PM »

Which series did you prefer? And if you played the games, which did you prefer? You can say why if you want.

Or, were you a fan of one of those other monster catching/breeding games like Monster Rancher or Dragon Warriors/Quest Monsters?

Gameplay, it's a tie between Dragon Quest and Monster Rancher. There was just something fun about popping a CD in and seeing a monster come out.
Series-wise, Digimon for me.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon or Digimon?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 06:40:06 AM »

For the series, yes, Digimon all the way. Season 4 is still my favorite. I haven't really given 5 and 6 much attention.

As far as games, it's usually been pokemon due to the greater quantity of games that came out for it. Digimon World 4 is still high on my list of replayable games, albeit, to get my Ruby game with that Blaziken on it would just up the ante considerably.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 04:07:04 PM »

Digimon up to Season 4 (Digimon Frontier) was good.  Pokemon anime after Johto lost its touch.

As for game it is still Pokemon, at times I breed competitive strength Pokemon for the battle maison/tower. I never really touched a digimon game before, but I heard some are quite good.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 07:26:11 PM »

Series-wise: Pokemon hands down. I lost interest in Digimon after Season 1.

Game-wise: Pokemon again. Got to catch all those Pokemon! Plus the card game was better than the Digimon card game.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Uchiha Sasuke

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • "Let this thunder, herald your end."'
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 01:12:33 AM »

Pokemon.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 03:21:53 AM »

I liked Digimon more for watching, until Data Squad, then it was just over for me. While very similar to Pokemon in terms of "kids befriend and use monsters to fight", it is different in terms of direction of story. We got a chance to see our characters grow and develop as people. The struggles they faced trumps what the people in Pokemon go through and it taught more than it ever did.

But for playing, Pokemon puts Digimon six feet under. I've played very few Digimon games when I was younger, but I remember them as not being fun. Like the Digimon World games, all of them sucked to me and I stopped playing anymore Digimon after World 4. They were dull and lonesome, Pokemon was lively and had all my friends trading and sharing stories about how they got Mewtwo, tricked some kid to trading a Bulbasuar card for a Moltres, or discovered Missingno.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 12:36:20 PM »

Pokemon and the games have always had a part in my life no matter how small. Digimon was there and was gone shortly after. I like both. But Pokemon. <3
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 17 queries.